Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
revo 3.3 for a beginner??? >

revo 3.3 for a beginner???

revo 3.3 for a beginner???

Old 07-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

The Revo is a great truck, I had one. The stock 2.5 ran great for about 1 gallon and then a bearing went bad. Is it a pain to work on? Yes. But any MT is a pain to work on. Heck any car is a pain to work on.

Starting out with a nitro vehicle is probably not the best choice ( I know, I started with a TMaxx) as there is SO, SO much to learn. Not only is there alot of maintenance, but just tuning a nitro engine requires some experience. I bought my Tmaxx in January ( winter for me) and broke it in outside. Not the smartest thing, but I didn't know.

I see people saying it's not a good newbie truck referring to the durability of the truck. It does have more parts to break especially in the suspension, and you WILL break stuff, but it's a good truck overall.

The problem is is that it is nitro, and in my opinion ANY nitro vehicle is not a good first car. But then again, I wouldn't have learned what I learned by not having the Tmaxx either.

Good luck either way.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grevo_33
yeah maybe guys, but i dont see any traxxas brand to your signature?have you guys already run a traxxas engine y u can say all that attack?...if savage is a better engine y i dont see more videos about that truck?is it because all the savagers dont want to share their own mistake in choosing the savage to others?
i dont own any taxxas nitro's. but i still deal with them. to be tuning one of those things before we go out and bash around is a nightmare.

and search on google video for some good video;s. here is one i threw together. not too much but...
http://www.rcpics.net/media/savage_x_first_movie.wmv
Old 07-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah the savage is a good basher. But in the past few years that i have been in the hobby i have bought and traded many brands. I started with a Traxxas nitro sport and after many others I am back with Traxxas. I have a Tmaxx 2.5R yeah it was a pain to tune at time but thats why this a hobby not a toy. You want a toy then go electric.{ probly gonna regret that} thats just my views. My brother and father-in-law both have savages and we run together all the time. They have just as much down time as i do. and if anyone has watched my videos i bash mine just as hard was they do with no more broken parts. I think if you wanna start with a revo then go for it. If your just learning then no matter what truck you get your gonna wanna pull your hair out. What ever you get just follow the breakin to the T and dont be scared to ask for help. Easier to ask then rebuild.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry to see your thread turned into a pissing contest between Traxxas and Hpi. But these savage owners, well im not going there.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I own the revo and traxxas motors are a pain in the ASS, but this wont keep you from having fun so don't be so ready to dismiss the opinion of the savage owner, however the revo will eat the savage on a track the savage is a beefier basher the revo is pretty good at both. The steering mod listed above and suspension lengthening Part # 5333r center dif #5414 and remove reverse
and it will race good. If you want a race truck(truggy) the Jammin and kyosho in that order would be my choice.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
good luck, u'll need it if you get it.

-ult
Why do you say that Ryan? I had no problems with my 2.5, and others at the track really did not have problems.........Troy had one that wanted to run hot, and he just did not like that....
Old 07-02-2006, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Once the 3.3 craps out get a V-Spec
Old 07-02-2006, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

ALRITE ALL OF YOU SAVAGE DOUSCHE BAGS NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR JUNKY A$$ TRUCK SO STOP POSTING NON SCENCE IN THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE 2.5 ALL THIS GUY IS ASKING IS IF THE TRUCK IS FOR EXPERTS WE HAVE ALREADY COVERD THAT NO NEED FOR YOUR BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

nitro guy why ru here? stop sending me pm's and start making useful posts. you have not made any contributions to this forum. you have just been flaming and insult savage owners.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

I believe he is posting because this WAS a thread on the Revo. Had ZERO to do with a Savage. Yes his post is out of line though.

Guess this is one way to "scare" people away from the hobby. A noob asks a ? and 4-5 people try and actually help, the other 4-5 people cry,wine, generally act like asses saying their truck is the best and your an idiot if you try anything else. Why would anyone want to be a part of a bunch of people like this?
Old 07-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

i didnt start the savage stuff. i was sharing my opinion on the TRX engine's. and reporting on the problems the 3.3 already has. PSO does go over the edge with recommending the savage though. some1 said they havent seen any savage video's so i showed mine
Old 07-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

No problem Dracy69, Your post if fine. The TRX mill is touchy, and noobs will have some problems tuning it. I had a friend of mine tune mine ( my 1st nitro) and it held the tune very well. Guess I became a better tuner b/c of the 2.5. It has the EZ start, which for me worked very well. I got a glow ignightor to replace the blue wire on it after a while though.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

yea like i said tuning comes with experience.

always have an extra glo-ignitor sitting around. ive heard those e-z starts are a little iffy when the batteries get low. i have about 4 glow ignitors. just incase.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by psunitro
I believe he is posting because this WAS a thread on the Revo. Had ZERO to do with a Savage. Yes his post is out of line though.

Guess this is one way to "scare" people away from the hobby. A noob asks a ? and 4-5 people try and actually help, the other 4-5 people cry,wine, generally act like asses saying their truck is the best and your an idiot if you try anything else. Why would anyone want to be a part of a bunch of people like this?
i am not trying to be an ass im just tired of people posting just to post and the 2 savage people dont even own revos so there for no expereince with a revo!
Old 07-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dracy69
nitro guy why ru here? stop sending me pm's and start making useful posts. you have not made any contributions to this forum. you have just been flaming and insult savage owners.
oh im sorry where in this thread did you actualy help the topic never you just sit and rag on traxxas with no expereince with them!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.