R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   3 Speed Transmission for Traxxas Revo (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/114955-3-speed-transmission-traxxas-revo.html)

kontroll 05-22-2006 01:00 PM

3 Speed Transmission for Traxxas Revo

I am in the process of purchasing an OS .18TM for my Revo. I wanted to add a 3 speed transmission. Can anyone direct me to a site that has them?

Thanks,
Jason

German Muscle 05-27-2006 01:30 AM

no one makes 3 speeds for revos. TBH i persoanlly wouldnt want one if they did.

colaman24 05-27-2006 07:06 AM

somebody does make one.....its $120 and can only be used with the 2.5 anymore power and they say it blows up...i'll have to search for the link again

ProudSavageOwnr 05-29-2006 07:15 PM

good luck on the 3 speed

ProudSavageOwnr 05-29-2006 07:15 PM

hows the os going?

kontroll 05-30-2006 03:33 AM

I purchased the OS but haven't installed yet. I am trying to get an extended chassis from Traxxas (like the new 3.3 revo) but they are back ordered everywhere. I am putting rear breaks on the truck and the conversion requires the extended chassis.

ProudSavageOwnr 05-30-2006 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by kontroll
I purchased the OS but haven't installed yet. I am trying to get an extended chassis from Traxxas (like the new 3.3 revo) but they are back ordered everywhere. I am putting rear breaks on the truck and the conversion requires the extended chassis.

have u looked at the VANTAGE carbon fibre chassis? i think they are extended 30mm....or 20mm....not sure..

y dosnt som1 try installing a savage 3 speed into the revo? aswell as a big block?eh???

nitro guy1 05-31-2006 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
have u looked at the VANTAGE carbon fibre chassis? i think they are extended 30mm....or 20mm....not sure..

y dosnt som1 try installing a savage 3 speed into the revo? aswell as a big block?eh???

cuz the revo has enough power big block would b over kill and if you are trying to get more speed 3 speeds rnt worth it!

DiscoDan 06-01-2006 03:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Your gonna love your TM 18.

ProudSavageOwnr 06-01-2006 04:23 AM

nice revo there

DiscoDan 06-01-2006 04:38 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks, I've put aot of work into it. Oh... and on a side note, I have the Vantage chassis in mine and its the same length as stock. I'm going to extend mine with the Qoncepts long wheelbase axle carriers, so I can keep my Vanatage chassis and RPM arms on it.

Heres all my carbon fiber:

stevenmichael 06-05-2006 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by kontroll

you dont have to have the ext. chassis to install the brakes but you will need the tranny halves and you will have to notch out the back area right behind the tranny.

if your racing the new chassis is awesome with my 3.3 and swept back arms it really calmed the truck down,it used to get upset when pushed hard on jumps now it takes them with full control.

are you also adding the center diff to make the brakes functional?

they will work with out it but it wont give you any bias.....