Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Arrma Granite Upgrades ? >

Arrma Granite Upgrades ?

Arrma Granite Upgrades ?

Old 02-18-2024, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default Arrma Granite Upgrades ?

Hi All,
I have purchased my first monster truck, an Arrma Granite 2 x 4 with a brushed motor.

Today, I took the truck to a local off-road site and had a blast jumping the truck. Even 2wd and brushed, able to jump and have fun.

I can see the truck is having trouble with traction, I would like to convert to 4 x 4. Has anyone used a metal-geared front differential? Is it worth it, or is it better to buy the Arrma 4 x 4 kit?

Thank you!
Old 02-20-2024, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hobbywing WP10BL120 esc, eBay 3300kv 3660 motor, 15t Robinson Racing 32p/mod 8 pinion, Arrma 3s slipper assembly and motor mount off Jennysrc, Amazon 35kg servo, Arrma 25t servo saver and the 4x4 conversion are the best upgrades you can do to your Boost.

Idk if it is cheaper to piece together the parts you need from Jennys or to get the 4x4 kit but the metal diffs are not needed imho, I've had my 3s since 2018 and I have only ever replaced 1 diff in it, hell the front diff is seriously one of the only stock parts left on the car.