Kyosho KB10L Toyota Tacoma TRD

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Raman

Kyosho KB10L Toyota Tacoma TRD

Old 01-09-2024, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default Kyosho KB10L Toyota Tacoma TRD

Iíve been looking for a 4WD option to the Outlaw Rampage for my son and this KB10L looks like the right truck for the job.

Would prefer it wasnít an RTR as I have my own electronics. Overall looks like a solid performer.

https://kyoshoamerica.com/rccar/1-10...k-34703t1.html

Anyone have one of these?
angrymelon likes this.
Old 01-11-2024, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

that's giving me Tamiya TA-02 truck vibes. i dig it. but i don't know anything about the Kyosho so im no help. price tag seems kind of hefty though.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by El_Rando
that's giving me Tamiya TA-02 truck vibes. i dig it. but i don't know anything about the Kyosho so im no help. price tag seems kind of hefty though.
Agree on price tag! Thatís why I would have preferred a kit.

Kyosho has been around as long as Tamiya and makes quality products.
Old 01-11-2024, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think the design on the kb10L is very cool. The mad van had most of it, and apart from an ugly body (imo) seemed like a decent rig. This one has a center diff and an amazing shell. The YT vids make it seem pretty awesome.
Old 01-12-2024, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

It's a brother to the Mad Wagon which I was tempted by as a basher when it came out (personally I think the Mad Wagon body is great) but it had quite a few bad reviews at the time. Quite plasticcy but not necessarily that strong.

The Tacoma looks like it sits on a longer wheelbase with narrower arms. Sort of a scale-performance hybrid. Probably better suited for road and rally style running instead of big jumps.
Old 01-12-2024, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sosidge
It's a brother to the Mad Wagon which I was tempted by as a basher when it came out (personally I think the Mad Wagon body is great) but it had quite a few bad reviews at the time. Quite plasticcy but not necessarily that strong.

The Tacoma looks like it sits on a longer wheelbase with narrower arms. Sort of a scale-performance hybrid. Probably better suited for road and rally style running instead of big jumps.
I shied away from the Mad Wagon, due to its monster truck / non scale body, whereas this appeals to me due to its scale appearance.

The suspension travel does seem limited in comparison to the outlaw my son has.. but main appeal being its 4WD.

Wheelbase is very close to the outlaw, so curious to see if the Ford body would fit.

For now, I will keep my eye out for a kit version, if it ever comes around.
Old 01-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It looks like it's essentially a SCT built on a chassis that's built to be a little more scale-accurate and not just modified from a 1/8 racing buggy. Looks like it's mostly plastic, probably some pot-metal gears. I wouldn't expect amazing durability, but I'd be happy to find out I'm wrong about that.