Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Anyone know the offset for Traxxas response 3.8 wheels? >

Anyone know the offset for Traxxas response 3.8 wheels?

Anyone know the offset for Traxxas response 3.8 wheels?

Old 01-08-2024, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Default Anyone know the offset for Traxxas response 3.8 wheels?

From the bottom of the hex to the edge of the wheel (backside) How many inches, mm or whatever is the offset?
I am building up an arrma Big Rock 3s and looking to put a set of traxxas response pro 3.8's on it. I need the offset of the wheels to get the proper offset hex conversion (14mm to 17mm) so it fits properly.
Now why would i go to traxxas while proline has nice tires?
#1. I hate the bolt in inserts, to me this is just another break point, I have never broke a wheel and see no point in the heavier wheel tire
#2 the proline tires in the 2.8 wheel (stock Arrma size) are shorter than my current Arrma tires (4.87"-5.05" vs 5.15). The Traxxas Response pro 3.8 racing tires is 5.35" tall so it's close without losing height but also wider for better stability and better traction. Also see #1 on why I hate proline right now

Any info that can be shared i would very much appreciate, Thank you
Old 07-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Tech Rookie

I haven't visually checked the 3.8 responses wheels myself but Traxxas seems to use a sophisticated innovative splined 17mm hex hub on there trucks and wheels while everyone else just uses plain old 17mm hexagons, so they might not be an easy fit, attached picture of a wheel hex.