Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Vitavon Axle for USA-1? >

Vitavon Axle for USA-1?

Like Tree2Likes

Vitavon Axle for USA-1?

Old 01-21-2024, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

thicker oils will send enough power to the rear for a wheel stand, which would make it easier to drive and reduce wear on the rear diff... there are benefits to running a center diff.
Old 01-21-2024, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Brokenparts
thicker oils will send enough power to the rear for a wheel stand, which would make it easier to drive and reduce wear on the rear diff... there are benefits to running a center diff.
I have the original truck and no thick oils will make the truck do wheelies. I had to lock the center diff and then I could pull wheelies. To reduce wear on rear diff run hard gears and shim properly. The new truck uses chain drive for the center. No room for a true center diff. Which is what everyone hated about on the original truck. All the power goes to the ground like a true truck. Ther are no benefits I have seen from a center diff. Nothing but problems. Lock it and drive hard!
Old 01-21-2024, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

https://youtu.be/qunwGSqq9MA?si=Ho_LK03fhAfUdkv8
Old 01-22-2024, 04:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Brokenparts
You can post all the misinformation you want. Diff fluid is a liquid and doesn't lock the diff the same way as a locked diff. I have removed every diff in my 1/8 collection and locked them. There is a big difference from locked to diff fluid. Also with brushless there will be more togue and no viscosity diff fluid will lock the diff like the stock.
Old 01-22-2024, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

I can find any number of 1/8 truggies pulling wheelies with a center diff and given the usa1 is a taller/shorter truck with larger tires I have no doubt in my mind that you could engineer a center diff that would not "ruin" the truck. Given that quite a few reviewers on the truck seem to be surprised by the amount of punch and flip-ability it has stock, I would go as far to say a center diff would be a welcome add-on.

You do you though.