New 2023 TLR Tuned LMT carbon 4WD Solid Axle Monster Truck Kit

Old 03-02-2023, 05:54 AM
Suspended

Default New 2023 TLR Tuned LMT carbon 4WD Solid Axle Monster Truck Kit

Losi - LOS04027
PRE-ORDER | Next Shipment April 2023
$599.99

Not just a kit version of the RTR,
the Losi TLR Tuned LMT kit includes new TLR parts to give competitors and all LMT fans next-level performance and durability.
But itís a limited quantity release, so get yours now!
  • Longer 15" wheelbase with shock mountable lower 4-link bars.
  • Racing-focused, weight reducing carbon fiber chassis plates.
  • TLR shocks with machined aluminum, hard-anodized shock bodies and caps.
  • Aluminum front spindles and carriers, rear toe blocks, 4-links, and cross bars.
  • Low CG battery tray that accepts ďshortyĒ race packs.

Product Details

In The Box
  • (1) Unassembled Losi TLR Tuned LMT Kit
  • (1) Product Manual
  • (1) 14T Mod1 Pinion Gear

Needed to Complete
  • (1) 2+ Channel Transmitter & Receiver
  • (1) High-Torque Steering Servo
  • (1) Electronic Speed Control
  • (1) Brushless Motor
  • (1) Battery
  • (4) Wheels & Tires
  • (1) Suitable Body & Paint
NEW BODIES 2023 BY PROLINE

Video Overview

CARBON FIBER CHASSIS PLATES
The Losi TLR Tuned LMT kitís carbon fiber chassis plates are 100% racing focused. They have a lower, shorter stance that reduces weight and allows for more body options to be mounted at a racing stance when assembled.

TLR SHOCKS
Identical to Team Losi Racing shocks, the 12mm shock bodies and caps are machined aluminum and hard anodized. Threaded shock bodies allow for quick ride height adjustments. The machined shock pistons and shock guides offer a precise, low friction feel, while new spring rates optimize the TLR Tuned LMT kit's ability to handle rough terrain and land big jumps.

ALUMINUM UPGRADES INCLUDED
Aluminum Front Spindles and CarriersThe kitís aluminum front spindles and carriers increase durability in a high impact area while their precision machining makes the steering more precise and consistent. Larger bearings are also used to support the additional abuse from racing.
Aluminum Rear Toe BlocksThe aluminum rear toe blocks now use a larger bearing to support the axle to add strength and durability in high stress racing applications.
Aluminum 4-LinksThis new design allows for the shock to be mounted on the 4-link bars rather than the axle, keeping the truck flatter and minimizing weight transfer for greater stability and more predictable cornering.
Aluminum Cross BarsAluminum cross bars provide additional strength and rigidity between the chassis plates, minimizing flex or twist for ultra-consistent performance.

LOW CG BATTERY TRAY
The new, low CG battery tray accepts "shorty" race packs to improve performance by increasing the power to weight ratio and allowing the battery to mount much lower in the truck. This helps drop the center of gravity and increase cornering ability.

WHEELIE BUMP WITH INTEGRATED FLAG MOUNT
The wheelie bump is a scale rear chassis bumper that looks and feels like part of a real monster truck. It also includes a flag mounting boss.

ADJUSTABLE BODY MOUNT
The body mounts allow for multiple ways to secure your body. The cross bars can use hook and loop material for a clean, "no holes" option. Or, the body can use screw top body nuts for a tool-less mounting option. Finally, the body can be permanently mounted using screws and body washers for the ultimate security.

TLR INSPIRED SERVO SAVER
The helical servo saver provides smoother, better centering action while improving servo protection.

LONGER WHEELBASE
After racing and testing the LMT, the Losi development team found that a longer wheelbase increases stability while cornering. The TLR Tuned LMT kitís wheelbase is 1.5 inches longer than the LMT, hitting the magic sweet spot for the perfect balance of stability and quick cornering ability.

Pre order avaible now at
HORIZONHOBBY.COM

New Bodies and LMT MONSTER CARBON KIT

• The World-Famous Grave Diggerís 2019 Special Edition Livery
  • A Fresh Look for your Losi LMT
  • Fully Licensed by Feld Entertainment
  • Includes Headlight Bezels & Driver Figure

1/10 Demolisher Fr/Rr 2.6"/3.5" MT Tires Mounted 12mm Gray Whls (2)
PRO1018715
IN STOCK
Old 03-02-2023, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The extra looooong wheelbase is a bit of a put off for me, but I'm sure that can be corrected easy enough. Maybe offset the wheelbase with some mild 4ws? I really like the look of this though.
Buckland likes this.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I like it but having a fixed rear axle, fail.... I would want four wheel steering for $600.000 Other than that i do like it!
Old 03-02-2023, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by plasma327
I like it but having a fixed rear axle, fail.... I would want four wheel steering for $600.000 Other than that i do like it!
I get it, it would be nice to have, but I think this is aimed at people racing in a series like Trigger King. Most people that race do away with 4ws because it's too much hassle. Me, personally, would love to try 4ws on this with the long wheelbase, because of the place I have raced at. It's a small indoor course and a smaller turning radius is very much desired.
Old 03-03-2023, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

only 600 pass
Old 03-04-2023, 12:44 PM
Suspended

the proline bodies , they are to old LMT ? Short wheelbase ?

Have they not made any for this new longer wheelbase ?

And this is Limited, how many will be made ?

17mm HEX adapters are now awaible to these LMTīs

A tremendous upgrade to the Losi LMT is the adaptation of a 17mm hex axle kit. JConcepts has tested, and through extensive track time with team racers, designed a new heavy-duty item for a vehicle that makes it’s living in the air and in hardcore bash sessions. The new item allows a user to move away from the standard 6mm axle and wheel nut combination and beef up to a 12mm hex axle which adds great strength but also an easier to use design featuring a 17mm hex wheel nut.

The set arrives complete with four hex axle stubs, four 17mm serrated wheel nuts with 4mm screw pins to secure the assembly. The all-aluminum components are precision machined, black anodized and designed to be direct replacement for the Losi LMT. For an easy-to-use wrench, JConcepts offers separately an injection molded 17mm long-snout wrench #2965 for a long reach into deep offset wheels like JConcepts #3414 developed for the Losi LMT.

https://jconcepts.net/17mm-hex-axle-kit--losi-lmt

This will be pretty expensive rig with 3-4s combo, strong servo, and couple options, body, and wheels.
We are talking 800$ ++
about 1000$ before it runs if you need Lipo also

why dont Losi make 1/8 LMT ?
there is these 1/10 3s and Primal RC 1/5 GAS now.
Someone should do 1/8 4-6s Grave Digger i think.

That 1/5 Gas Grave Digger from Primal RC is SICK

https://www.primalrc.com/gravedigger
Worlds Biggest RC Car gets RACE Engine (4x power) Primal Grave Digger Monster Truck
VIDEO
https://youtu.be/4ac7k0WQws0

Last edited by flymetonight; 03-04-2023 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-14-2023, 04:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Electronics for 2s indoor monstercross

Want to get the most punch out of a 2s setup. Not sure what way to go. Short run up to jumps in an indoor carpet track. We only run 3 rules: solid axle, 2.6 wheels, and 2s. Tons of fun running this race class. I have a kit sitting at the LHS. It is expensive but I don't run anything in the summer so I've got all summer to figure it out.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I fell for the TowerHobbies promo - free wheels and tires with kit purchase.

I have the following coming
* TLR Kit
* Tekin RX4 ESC
* Tekin Pro4HD 4300KV motor
* Protek 370TBL Servo

I need to know what to do about body. 15" wheelbase is almost more 1/8 scale than 1/10/ The clods are like 10" wheelbase. What will you guys be running on these? I am also considering buying a spare front axle and doing a 4 wheel steering setup. Anyone done that that we know of on the normal LMTs?
smirkracing likes this.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Deleted=Brain fart

Last edited by 76jimmy; 03-14-2023 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-14-2023, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 76jimmy
Want to get the most punch out of a 2s setup. Not sure what way to go. Short run up to jumps in an indoor carpet track. We only run 3 rules: solid axle, 2.6 wheels, and 2s. Tons of fun running this race class. I have a kit sitting at the LHS. It is expensive but I don't run anything in the summer so I've got all summer to figure it out.
I just ran the carpet off-road Monster Cross event this past weekend in PA with a modified LMT. I ran an XR10 Pro G2S Elite with a Hobbywing 3652 Series 6100KV motor (Throttle EPA set to 80%) and it was a rocket. Motor and ESC barely felt warm to the touch after a 5min heat (individual fan on both motor and esc). I'd feel comfortable with the 5100kv motor at 100% EPA, just figured with the 6100kv I'd always have more in the tank if I needed it. I ran an Orion HV Shorty 2S 6200mah pack and was using about 2300mah in 5 minutes under race conditions.
token, savage24x and 76jimmy like this.
Old 03-14-2023, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

I think I have a 3652 sl 5100kv. I'll throw it in there see what happens. I have a 3660 3600 sd motor that is nice on 3s in my Baja sct410.3 w/ belted 2.8 wheels. I've got a clod and a monster converted outlaw rampage. But nothing heavy duty like the LMT. So glad they came out with a kit. A friend let me borrow the bog hog LMT and it was all stock except the wheels. It was ok but could have been so much better with a snappier motor for 2s running.
Buckland likes this.
Old 03-19-2023, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

The motor esc I have on hand is the HW MAX10 SCT and the 3660 SL G2 4600. Not sure that's going to be the best for 2s but I'm going to give it a shot. Got the kit home today and the box is dense. Popped it open to put some of the electronics I had in the box for the build. My first TLR kit so I'm excited to put it together.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Pre-ordered, still waiting for it to come in

Maclan M32e Pro 200
Tekin Pro4HD 3100Kv
3S, unknown
Protek 1KTBL servo

Suggestions on tires for loose dirt?
Old 03-20-2023, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savage24x
Pre-ordered, still waiting for it to come in

Maclan M32e Pro 200
Tekin Pro4HD 3100Kv
3S, unknown
Protek 1KTBL servo

Suggestions on tires for loose dirt?
2.6" Blue Compound JC Renegades (will require 12mm hex conversion) with crawler innovations closed cell foams.
savage24x likes this.
Old 03-20-2023, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions??

Then you have to add the following?:

SSD RC Losi LMT HD Aluminum Knuckles
SSD RC Losi LMT HD Aluminum C Hubs
SSD RC Losi LMT HD Aluminum Axle Case Half
JConcepts Fling Kings Pre-Mounted Monster Truck Tires

Last edited by vettehigh; 03-21-2023 at 07:31 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.