New 2023 TLR Tuned LMT carbon 4WD Solid Axle Monster Truck Kit >

New 2023 TLR Tuned LMT carbon 4WD Solid Axle Monster Truck Kit

Like Tree15Likes

New 2023 TLR Tuned LMT carbon 4WD Solid Axle Monster Truck Kit

Old 03-21-2023, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckland
2.6" Blue Compound JC Renegades (will require 12mm hex conversion) with crawler innovations closed cell foams.
These foams? Thanks for the help! https://www.amainhobbies.com/crawler...r-3018/p665529
Old 03-21-2023, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savage24x
Yup! They can be a bit of a bear to install but they really help the truck land better. They have a little bit of an air gap between the foam and middle of the tire, so don't be alarmed that they don't fit tightly.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Going to try an off brand direct power servo in my build. Seen it on Amazon with decent specs for 8.4v. if it feels lacking I'll put a Holmes Hobbies SHV800 v2 servo in there. Going a little cheap on the electronics cause I busted the budget on everything else lol. Spring is here and my honey do list is long so I'll be working OT to get to the hobby bench without too much worrying from the wife. She knows I wanted to get I to the kit the day I got it home. Eh priorities 😉
Old 03-25-2023, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

TTT. Anyone have a good suggestion for body yet that goes with the 15" wheelbase?
Old 03-26-2023, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Watching some reviews on youtube. Looks like this truck has some serious flaws. Sway bars a problem.....suspension held together by limiting straps.......I am underwhelmed to say the least.....
Old 03-26-2023, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I thought the limit strap was a good idea. With the weight of the wheels and axles off of the shock end at full extension. Maybe you could put a shock limiter in the shock? That's what I did to my outlaw rampage it had the same problem with the sway bar it would flip over center at full extension.
Old 03-28-2023, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dblayze
Watching some reviews on youtube. Looks like this truck has some serious flaws. Sway bars a problem.....suspension held together by limiting straps.......I am underwhelmed to say the least.....
What videos did you see featuring these issues? The one running video I saw had the guy beating the piss out of the thing and it held up great.
Old 03-28-2023, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by shaveradam
What videos did you see featuring these issues? The one running video I saw had the guy beating the piss out of the thing and it held up great.
Did it though? Barely. The guy running it acknowledged he was surprised it held up. Mind you itís not a basher like the original. This version is geared for trigger king style racing. Clearly the sway bars are a major flaw as was explained in the video. Any truck held together by limit straps is an issue. Without them the sway bars flip and reverse making the truck not runnable. Limit straps are to protect the shocks from over extension NOT hold a chassis together. Itís a bad design and appears not to be well thought out. The rtr or roller a much better option $$ wise and itís not even close. I get it you must pay to play but in this case the older version is the better version AND you get tires!!!!
Old 03-29-2023, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Did it though? Barely. The guy running it acknowledged he was surprised it held up. Mind you itís not a basher like the original. This version is geared for trigger king style racing. Clearly the sway bars are a major flaw as was explained in the video. Any truck held together by limit straps is an issue. Without them the sway bars flip and reverse making the truck not runnable. Limit straps are to protect the shocks from over extension NOT hold a chassis together. Itís a bad design and appears not to be well thought out. The rtr or roller a much better option $$ wise and itís not even close. I get it you must pay to play but in this case the older version is the better version AND you get tires!!!!
It's as much of a basher as the original. I'd even argue it's better for bashing with it's long wheelbase and aluminum axle parts, as well as v3 axle cases that have been beefed up further. Limit straps are fine, it would hypothetically remove the force from the shocks at full extension.

This truck is absolutely NOT geared toward trigger king style racing, I don't care what the marketing suggests. The shock geometry and wheelbase are both hindrances imo.
Old 03-29-2023, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckland
Yup! They can be a bit of a bear to install but they really help the truck land better.
I've found using a velcro battery strap (I used these Tekno ones) to fold the foam over really helps install them in the tires, use a long enough strap the end sticks out the tire to undo the velcro and it works fine. Totally worth the investment, I'm curious how the newer JConcept foams work as well.

Clearly the sway bars are a major flaw as was explained in the video. Any truck held together by limit straps is an issue. Without them the sway bars flip and reverse making the truck not runnable. Limit straps are to protect the shocks from over extension NOT hold a chassis together. Itís a bad design and appears not to be well thought out.
To be fair if you look at many full-size monster trucks their swaybar links are also close to over-centering at full droop, and it does happen when the limit straps get older and elongate the arms do over-center themselves. IMO with the unsprung weight of these things having limit straps isn't necessarily a bad idea, though certainly a slightly longer swaybar arm would help with the over-centering as well.
Old 03-29-2023, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This version of the truck is so much longer than the original version. How is that going to change the driving dynamics? Fewer wheelies, but also harder to change orientation in the air.

What other thoughts do people have on how this one will drive differently vs the original?

Old 04-03-2023, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Exclamation Some nice upgrades

You could end up with over $2k easy in one of these

https://teamcpe.com/index.php?route=...y&path=207_210
petersen114 likes this.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default $900 upgrade kit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28433801350...BlBMUNbO3vboYQ
petersen114 likes this.
Old 04-22-2023, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Anyone have a good body yet for these with the extended wheelbase?
Old 05-22-2023, 08:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

​​​​​​I wish I had unlimited funds, thats blingtastic
El_Rando likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.