• 1 Post By Mr. Carter
  • 2 Post By strodedawg
  • 1 Post By fyrstormer

LOSI LST2 still is a good monster?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 01:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default LOSI LST2 still is a good monster?

Hello!
I'm writing from Italy.
I always love Losi LST but I never had one.
I only have a Mini LST2 with exotek chassis, 1/10 servo and brushless motor. I love it!
I found near my home a LST2 with big red motor, RPM arm, big joe tire, metal diff case and spektrum transmitter for 250 euro (more or less 280$).
I can try it with nitro engine and then swap it with a 4S brushless combo and a center diff conversion.

My question is: Losi LST2 is still a durable moster used for bashing? is still a funny car to drive?
or there is now other car (like Revo 2.0 o Maxx) that are much better but costs 2 times more?
Old 01-09-2022, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ando88
Hello!
I'm writing from Italy.
I always love Losi LST but I never had one.
I only have a Mini LST2 with exotek chassis, 1/10 servo and brushless motor. I love it!
I found near my home a LST2 with big red motor, RPM arm, big joe tire, metal diff case and spektrum transmitter for 250 euro (more or less 280$).
I can try it with nitro engine and then swap it with a 4S brushless combo and a center diff conversion.

My question is: Losi LST2 is still a durable moster used for bashing? is still a funny car to drive?
or there is now other car (like Revo 2.0 o Maxx) that are much better but costs 2 times more?
LST 2 is a classic. Awesome truck. Can still get parts for it but some can be hard to find. I have one and a few others on this forum, no other truck like it and everyone regrets getting rid of them. Also, I paid about 250$ American dollars for a roller in rough shape, if the truck you’re looking at comes with all that stuff and it’s in fairly good condition, I’d say go for it! That being said, modern electric monster trucks would probably destroy the LST, but if you want a fun truck that might require a little tender loving care once in awhile, then get it! Save the LST’s haha. Take care and hope others chime in, I know nothing about electrics but I know a ton of people have converted their LsT 2 to electric with great success.
outcast32 likes this.
Old 01-10-2022, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Still one of the best trucks around in my opinion, I wouldn’t really call all the new monster trucks monster trucks just buggies with truggy arms and truck body . Kinda lame imo but they are fast and durable . But the Erevo 2.0 and Maxx 4s are very stout trucks as well . I still own one lst and will never get rid of it.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Custom Lst2 in 2022

I just did a custom build lst2 over the Christmas holidays. I still have my original lst2 for 15 years that I use to race as nitro and has been electric for years. It's a beast. Would never let go. Always being asked to sell. Both the trucks have Muggy setup on them. Custom truck started off as a broke truck in a cardboard box.

Jaypopsti likes this.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

This is my rebuild. Break it out three times a summer for vintage races.

Buckland and Losi215 like this.

Last edited by strodedawg; 01-14-2022 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-15-2022, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by strodedawg
This is my rebuild. Break it out three times a summer for vintage races.

Unbelievably clean man. Awesome.
Old 01-15-2022, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's an excellent monster truck, but there is a big problem with older Losi vehicles: parts are extremely hard to find. When Losi discontinues a vehicle, they discontinue all of the replacement parts too, and very few companies make aftermarket parts for Losi vehicles. So if you buy a discontinued Losi vehicle, you are asking for months of searching for replacement parts if you ever break any of the original parts.
biglor likes this.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Lst

Originally Posted by Mr. Carter

I just did a custom build lst2 over the Christmas holidays. I still have my original lst2 for 15 years that I use to race as nitro and has been electric for years. It's a beast. Would never let go. Always being asked to sell. Both the trucks have Muggy setup on them. Custom truck started off as a broke truck in a cardboard box.
you wanna sell the nitro one?
Old 03-12-2022, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

If anyone is interested I have a LST electric conversion with complete trans in the for sale section
Old 03-21-2022, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Losi Lst2 is still a great truck in 2022. Just completed my winter project. Decided to go for a street vibe. Muggy shock towers, wide stance and 6S. I might have to build me a third one.

Old 03-21-2022, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I’ve never been a fan of short course bodies on monster trucks but this actually looks good
Old 04-26-2022, 08:41 PM
Tech Rookie

As this thread seems to be bringing out all the LST2 enthusiasts, wanted to ask what you are using for steering servos these days? I'm trying to revive my XXL that fried the stock steering servos a couple of years ago. I'm trying to keep the stock servo savers so a 23T servo would be preferred, but welcome any ideas or recommendations for an alternate setup.
Old 04-27-2022, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by redrock59
As this thread seems to be bringing out all the LST2 enthusiasts, wanted to ask what you are using for steering servos these days? I'm trying to revive my XXL that fried the stock steering servos a couple of years ago. I'm trying to keep the stock servo savers so a 23T servo would be preferred, but welcome any ideas or recommendations for an alternate setup.
interested in this as well, mine still work on my original losi LsT somehow but I would love a badass upgrade. Also, would love to figure out how to get rid of the crazy amounts of play in the steering assembly.
Old 04-27-2022, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

On my last LST2 build I used MKS X6 HBL550 servos without servo savers (just an aluminum servo arms).
They have a lot ot torque at 7.4 volts.
If I decide to start working on my next one I will be using
MKS X6 HBL599 servos. I have several of them just sitting in a box.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Carter
On my last LST2 build I used MKS X6 HBL550 servos without servo savers (just an aluminum servo arms).
They have a lot ot torque at 7.4 volts.
If I decide to start working on my next one I will be using
MKS X6 HBL599 servos. I have several of them just sitting in a box.
good to know. Do you know what brand of servo arms you used with the build, and did all the stock linkages and such bolt onto those servo arms?