Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Arrma Granite Voltage 2WD >

Arrma Granite Voltage 2WD

Arrma Granite Voltage 2WD

Old 08-06-2021, 01:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Arrma Granite Voltage 2WD

just picked up two of these guys before the prices went up for my son and i. i don't plan to upgrade his as he is still learning but i would idealy like to put some money into mine. i realize its not the 4wd and a lot of people will say its a waste of money but its just a hobby for past times. im currently looking into the shock from the 4wd granite but not sure if they fit and im thinking of doing the wing that all the 4wd guys are doing. anyone out here have a granite voltage and has done mods to it?
Old 08-07-2021, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

I have one. So far I've only converted the esc to xt60 connecter and upgraded the shocks. I don't run it much but I may get the integy cvd and metal out drives. It's a stout, boring little truck but it's a great learner for my 3 YO. especially at the 60 bucks I got it for. If I remember right, the 3s Granite shocks are too long. I ended up with some ZD Racing 92mm shocks. I'll upload a picture of you want.

Last edited by batryopratedboy; 08-07-2021 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:47 AM
Tech Rookie

would very much appreciate the picture. Looking for anything lol. Iím gonna try the bolt on spoiler for the body from the vortek and an upgrade tithe 12t 550 arrma motor. Tried buying threaded shock bodies off eBay because they said they fit the granite but theyíre like half the size of the factory shocks.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by xRAWasEGGSx
would very much appreciate the picture. Looking for anything lol. Iím gonna try the bolt on spoiler for the body from the vortek and an upgrade tithe 12t 550 arrma motor. Tried buying threaded shock bodies off eBay because they said they fit the granite but theyíre like half the size of the factory shocks.
Damn, and what you gonna do now?
Old 08-13-2021, 06:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Iíve returned the shock bodies for a refund so now I get to do more research. Just gotta be careful because posts on eBay say it fits the granite but they donít specify which version..
Old 08-15-2021, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I put four front Traxxas slash / stampede shocks on mine. Only mod I have done to that truck but it handles nicely. Sits a few mm taller with them.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:22 PM
Tech Rookie

might have to try thisÖ I have 2 full sets of slash shocks in the shed new lol
Old 04-21-2024, 04:03 PM
Tech Rookie

This truck impresses me. For its ability to take punishment. We have one here at the house for the grandson. He has plenty of other cars at home, but this way he always has something here. We play in the yard, or the street, there is a big grass field across the street, or the church parking lot up the street 4 houses.
He beats the crap out of this truck. At the church lot, he loves jumping the curbs on the small islands around the lot lighting . They aren’t all that shallow of curbs, but other than the entry, good for ramps. He gets 6 feet of air typically. He has broken this thing 3 times now. Once at the local dirt track, a front axle snapped at the pin hole. 10 bucks got me a new one and a spare. Twice he has lost a battery wire to the motor. First time the negative, this weekend the positive.
I have had to fix the body a couple times. First the right front hold down area got ripped up, so some scrap plastic and shoo goo fixed that. Right now I have to solder back the hot lead to the motor, and repair the crack across the top of the “rear window” area of the body. Lots of landing upside down will do that.
That and we exchanged a lot of contact with my old 2wd Rustler (old model, 1994).
Running on a 2s lipo it’s not too shabby.