Monster trucks for racing >

Monster trucks for racing

Like Tree14Likes

Monster trucks for racing

Old 02-02-2021, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default Monster trucks for racing

Are there any racing monster trucks anymore? I know the tekno is the closest, but are there anymore
Old 02-02-2021, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I wish ! Some tracks allow it but itís very hard to find one that is willing. They have a huge annual even at Diggers Dungeon but the tekno wouldnít be allowed because of the center diff as it is not considered a true monster truck because of that . I actually used to be apart of the no limit racing sanction in California but only very brief time . Iím actually thinking of trying to get something going this year again . Nitro and electric big block and small block no limit style.
Old 02-02-2021, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

I built this guy specifically for no limit style racing . If I ever get a chance to get back into it by some miracle
Horatio and Losi215 like this.
Old 02-02-2021, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

As a TLR racer, was looking for the 3xle and they are now discontinued or even a used in good shape LST, but they are hard to find.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by strodedawg View Post
As a TLR racer, was looking for the 3xle and they are now discontinued or even a used in good shape LST, but they are hard to find.
they have a few on eBay at all times, but they are definitely going up in piece. The condition doesnít always match the price either.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Strode I sent you a PM
Old 02-15-2021, 03:32 PM
Gje
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by biglor View Post
... but the tekno wouldn’t be allowed because of the center diff as it is not considered a true monster truck because of that ...
What do you mean? What is the problem with the center diff? I don't race so I know nothing on the subject.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gje View Post
What do you mean? What is the problem with the center diff? I don't race so I know nothing on the subject.
Nothing is wrong with center diff itself . Back when I used to race monster trucks with center diffs were not allowed . Itís pretty much the difference between a truggy and a monster truck . ďMonster Trucks ď nowadays are just shortened truggies with with monster truck body and wheels.
Old 08-19-2021, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Monster Truck racing, when it was Tmaxx vs Savage vs LST were some of my fondest memories of RC racing, ever. It was so much fun.

When the Jammin Truggy came out - along with some other trucks like the Thunder Tiger EK4, a distinction had to be made between 'proper' Monster Trucks, and those based on 1/8th buggies. The principle reason for this is that the centre of gravity on Buggy based trucks - that we all know and love as Truggies - was much lower than any MT. It was quite evident that these new Truggies were quicker than the buggies they were based on too.
Old 08-19-2021, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

I think taking an inherently unstable MT, dialing in the tuning so that you can still show-boat and pop wheelies down the straight (if you want) whilst still getting the truck to get around a track quickly, is very cool. It's also awesome to watch.

Bring it back!
Solico likes this.
Old 08-20-2021, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Ended up getting my LST2 built and it brings back the fun times of racing.

Horatio likes this.
Old 08-20-2021, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

The LST was a fantastic MT. It had a nice big stance, well thought out chassis, excellent 'huge bore' shocks. Love the big block MT's.

I always felt that the LST was of a similar stamp to the Savage, but more race oriented. Out of the box, the original Savages were fine for mucking around with, but the wheels, tyres, diffs, steering etc were well short of the mark for getting around a track.

Once the necessary 'tune ups' and parts were fitted, the Savage was quite a weapon at our MT races here in the UK. With a good pipe and motor, so long as the right parts were selected and the truck's weight was managed properly - it could lay down times that made people say 'no waaay!!'.

Happy times.
Old 08-22-2021, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Those are some sweet trucks , I always liked to lighten them up and drop small blocks in em. here was my savage with a Losi 3.4 in it . Wish I still had it among others. I had this one geared for track use only not much top end but had ton of bottom as you can see . Best part about putting small blocks in big block trucks was the drivetrain was pretty much bulletproof. These smaller engine never really stressed gears or axles.
Horatio likes this.
Old 08-22-2021, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

hereís another fun video of savage almost doing backflips with the small block engine
Horatio likes this.
Old 08-22-2021, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by biglor View Post
Those are some sweet trucks , I always liked to lighten them up and drop small blocks in em. here was my savage with a Losi 3.4 in it . Wish I still had it among others. I had this one geared for track use only not much top end but had ton of bottom as you can see . Best part about putting small blocks in big block trucks was the drivetrain was pretty much bulletproof. These smaller engine never really stressed gears or axles. https://youtu.be/HFfdIgr7L9Y
That's some low gearing right there! Is that 15/49? That engine is keen though - it certainly rips!

With the stock SS engine - the Nitro Star .25 - I used to pull 16-17/49 gearing on the 2 speed transmission for our high traction grass track, with single, double and table top jumps. Later, after I ported the Nitro Star, it happily pulled 17/47 on the 3 speed setup. With the STS .32, it was fine on 18/47.

These trucks are a lot of fun, that's for sure. I miss the racing.
biglor likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.