Found a good spot to run my Summit

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Smaug
  • 1 Post By biglor

Found a good spot to run my Summit

Old 09-18-2020, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Cool Found a good spot to run my Summit

This first video is just a quick look around the spot. It has a bit of everything. Big boulders, (too big for RCs) piles of big rocks, long runs of smaller rocks, sand with a rock to dodge here and there. Behind that, grass in a park with a paved trails. (got to watch the muggles and their dogs though...)

In this second video, I tried to do a bit of running on 3 different types of terrain. This is where the Summit really shines. Low gear w/diffs locked for crawling on the rock pile. Unlock diffs but leave it in low for running on the rocks that are not piled up. Then, go to high gear and run at speed on the sand, being careful not to hit any of those rocks at speed. It's un-edited and trying to hold the phone while driving for most of it, so forgive my sloppiness. I have a headband camera mount I'm going to try soon, which should clean it up a lot.

The Summit is not a fast truck, but on this terrain, the Summit is faster than anything else of this scale. Its tall suspension with tall, plush tires let it just fly over those fist-sized rocks, and I can occasionally hit one in the sand without busting it up too much. Anything lower and faster would either have to be driven slowly or would get wrecked right away.

One of the videos has some info in the Video Description; check there for details.
AJH387 likes this.

Last edited by Smaug; 09-18-2020 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Place looks cool.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Lucky , looks very nice and peaceful there. I gotta drive about 2 hours or so to get something close to that beautiful scenery. Even then there’s a ton of people . Nice vids, and to go with your comment on my post I feel the same way about the summit as far as selling it . I know I’d kick myself in the butt if I ever did plus I got this one for 300 in like new condition. Plus every one I see for sale are beat up and they want at least 400 for em
Smaug likes this.