Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Traxxas summit brushless >

Traxxas summit brushless

Traxxas summit brushless

Old 06-25-2020, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Traxxas summit brushless

Anybody have any experience with putting a Sensor less brushless system and how bad it cogs at low speeds. I have a mxl-6s I want to throw in it Iím only looking to get a little more power and Iíll only be running 3s
Old 06-29-2020, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just in case any body is wondering I pulled the trigger and did it, I havenít taken in crawling but did try it in the front yard the cogging is very very minimal and I could probably live with it but I think Iím going look into a sensored system new or used I am very happy with the way it runs on 3s. Itís doing at least 25 to 28mph now and that all I really wanted . Itís running stock 68t spur and a 18t pinion I may drop it to a 16t but the motor was running warm at best then again it was only about 88 degrees here yesterday
Old 06-30-2020, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biglor View Post
Just in case any body is wondering I pulled the trigger and did it, I havenít taken in crawling but did try it in the front yard the cogging is very very minimal and I could probably live with it but I think Iím going look into a sensored system new or used I am very happy with the way it runs on 3s. Itís doing at least 25 to 28mph now and that all I really wanted . Itís running stock 68t spur and a 18t pinion I may drop it to a 16t but the motor was running warm at best then again it was only about 88 degrees here yesterday
ive been wanting to do this for a while I need to find a roller but I noticed when I calibrate the esc the cogging is very minimal but I agree the sensored is the way to go that way you can switch to low and crawl and high and bash