Hobao Mt nitro and Mt plus 2 electric question >

Hobao Mt nitro and Mt plus 2 electric question

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Werty Yui

Hobao Mt nitro and Mt plus 2 electric question

Old 06-08-2020, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hobao Mt nitro and Mt plus 2 electric question

I知 interested in the nitro version which is 1/8 scale ,but I知 wondering if the mt plus 2 1/7 longer chassie is the same build just longer we池e I知 able to convert it to a 1/7 scale nitro?
Old 06-09-2020, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

hobao made a new center gear box on the mt+2. but maybe you could put the mt1's gearbox in the mt+2 chassis. you may want to compair the 2 truck with the user manual, that helps .

note that the mt+2 tires are bigger and heavier than the mt1. so the mt1 gearbox might not be strong enough...
Old 06-09-2020, 12:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Love the look and size of the truck just want it in nitro going to have to look at both manuals and see if I can get a close up look of both chassie. Maybe call there tech support see if they would know.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:33 PM
Tech Initiate

It's awesome to see this question here because I posted the same awhile back in Werner Slines thread. It was actually during the Black Friday holidays when Tower had a really good deal on the kit version but I missed the sale due to thinking I had more time.

I had done my research and almost everything you need like the gas tank and engine mount plate should transfer right over from the MT to the MT 2. Throttle/brake servo mount should also work as well but if it doesn't, a 3D printed solution will do the trick.

You'll want something like an LRP .32 big block or even better, a modded Nova 28-8 to push this big boy around.

The only thing I didn't continue trying to figure out once I knew I wasn't going to buy the kit was where to mount the brake pads as the new transmission doesn't have the output cups exposed like the MT V1 does. I wanted to keep the stock MT2 trans as it has proven to be very reliable over swapping to a V1 trans. A little ingenuity will go a long way:-)

One solution I looked into was having 3 servos, one for throttle only, one for steering and one for brakes. That way you're not limited to trying to figure out where to mount one servo that would work for both throttle/brake duties and gives you more flexibility as to mounting the brakes to say, either the front/rear diff input cups. Of course, this would require you to own a radio that would allow such mixing options which most quality radios will do.
werner sline likes this.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Look at the exploded view pdf
the hobao mt-e and the mt plus nitro share same exact chassie
from looking at the chassie on the mt plus 2 1/7 I don稚 see any difference same hole layouts just stretched longer.
so everything should line up the same just will need the center shaft and chassie I presume.