Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Traxxas Tmaxx Black Transmission help >

Traxxas Tmaxx Black Transmission help

Traxxas Tmaxx Black Transmission help

Old 06-06-2020, 02:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas Tmaxx Black Transmission help

Hey guys,

I am trying to put the single speed conversion and the updated slipper clutch in at the same time and they are not compatible. The single Speed output shaft is different than the output shaft for the two speed updated slipper clutch one. I would just use the original slipper setup, but finding a 60 Tooth Spur Gear in steel for the original peg slipper setup is near impossible. This is an electric conversion I'm working on, so I need a spur gear in the 54-60 range.

I tried to post pics but my post count is too low....Grrrrr....

Any ideas? I don't know what is used in the grey transmission and I do not want to start wasting money because of trial and error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt

Old 06-06-2020, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

so non of these youtube vids can help? seen a few 60t by latrax and some others mod .8 ,.5 others.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Been looking all over trying to figure this out. Smallest spur I can find is a Kimbrough 64T in the old peg style slipper (not metal). I guess there aren't may people that need a new slipper style setup for a single speed forward only black tmaxx trans. (I only need it for the smaller spur gear)

3.3 trans is an option with mods for the driveshafts, but I don't want to drop 75 bucks on a new transmission just to modify to fit and another forward only conversion.

If I find anything I'll be sure to post.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Solved.

After looking at the old style and new style input shafts I realized that the shaft diameters and location of the gear locating pins was the same, so I removed the pins and swapped the correct gear on the updated slipper shaft. Now back to the build.

Sorry - no pics - dumb # posts limit before I can add pictures.

Hope this helps....

Matt