Wiki Posts
Search

Steel Transmission Gears

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 09:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Steel Transmission Gears

Hey everyone,

I'd like to find a transmision with metal gears for my 1/10 scale razzo racing atlas truck. I'm scared if I run it too hard I'll strip the gears because they're plastic. I'll get a metal spur and metal pinion gear but I'm lost when it comes to the transmission. I guess I could just get another transmission with plastic gears but I'd rather get a metal gears transmission because they'll last longer.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Never heard of "Razzo" before, but looks like they have a FB page? Typically have to get Hobby grade RCs from well known manufacturers to get lots of option parts availability, but they might be able to tell you on their page. They probably rebrand some chinese RCs and sometimes you can get lucky finding parts for them. One of the reasons they are usually less expensive.

This truck looks pretty similar to a thunder tiger clone. If you are talking about where the motor pinion meshes with the spur gear, and the spur gear is plastic, that is pretty common. I run a 6s revo, 4s SCTE and a 1/10 buggy. They all have plastic spur gears and are cheap/easy to replace.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Have you tried

https://www.razzoracing.com/members-...sdata-atlas-al