Search
Like Tree68Likes

Team losi lst project

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowman49
the ones from integy if buying wheels and tires, come with 23mm hexes (the stock losi LST2 are 20mm hex, and stock LST1/aftershock are 14mm), so they will need an adapter if going that route.
on mine, i found 2 pairs of Pro-Line 40 series rims with 14mm hex on ebay.
sucks your stuff got delayed in the mail, ive been pretty lucky that i havent had too much delays with shipping, am having issues with a specific amazon seller though.
"shipped" the item (created label) and it uploaded, but has since sat like that since mid may. estimated shipping was set to have it arrive the 5th of August, so we will see.
hope you get to run yours soon!
thanks for the information on the wheels and tires, I will keep all of that in mind. I’ve ordered quite a bit over the last few few months, haven’t had one issue until now. Waiting on Lunsford titanium lst turnbuckles first three weeks now, and 2 separate eBay orders involving novarossi exhaust stuff that says it was “delivered” Saturday and now today, nothing in the mail box at my apartment complex either days. I’m really hoping it wasn’t delivered to the wrong mail box in my apartment complex. Anyway, glad you got some run time buddy, I’ve been rocking out with my losi 8ight truggy and I actually just received a serpent 811b RTR I’m waiting to break in. I can always throw the stock exhaust back on and run it Whenever which I may just do. Still wondering where my 125$ eBay order is though. Hope you get you’re order in soon as well!
snowman49 likes this.

Last edited by Losi215; 07-27-2020 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a couple LST 2’s and love them. Prob going to sell the one and keep the other. They are fun trucks! Always loved the sound of Nitro but I am not a guru at Nitro engines. Sometimes the LiPo is easier to deal with. Def the LSAT is my favorite nitro truck I have had.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChampionR6
I have a couple LST 2’s and love them. Prob going to sell the one and keep the other. They are fun trucks! Always loved the sound of Nitro but I am not a guru at Nitro engines. Sometimes the LiPo is easier to deal with. Def the LSAT is my favorite nitro truck I have had.
hey that is awesome to hear! Hold on to at least one, from what I hear these will be future classics and I’ve heard of people truly regretting letting these baby’s go. Nitro engines can make you want to rip your hair out and chuck the truck across the lawn, but once it’s tuned and you “understand” how to tune properly, I find they are almost trouble free. Just takes time to get it there. Most annoying thing about nitro to me is getting your kit covered in oil and grime haha. Even so nitro is wonderful, LiPo is insane I’ve driven a few of my buddy’s lately and my god do they rip. Awesome to drive, I still prefer nitro though! Glad we have options in general in our hobby still
Old 10-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well. Figured I’d do a small update! My Lst runs great tank after tank and it’s been a real pleasure besides my crappy brakes. I finally have to to a point where I can take it out, run a few tanks,and have no problems with breaking, glitching, or something going wrong. Anyway, I’ve been running the stock header with a reds 2104, and while I got my engine running good up top and down low with good temps, I could never quite get it to drop to idle quick enough, or have a super stable idle. Other then that it ran good. But I wanted to explore options that would enhance my power and and ability to properly tune my engine, so I did this:

Novarossi 41017 long on road header

let me tell you guys, it’s a night and day difference. First of all, it’s much, much quicker. So much quicker that it now shifts way too fast. Also, the idle is 10x more stable, and it drops instantly after full throttle runs time and time again. Can’t believe how much smoother,quicker, and more reliable the engine is. And I had it good enough before, but it’s just so much better with this novarossi 41017 and really goes to show what a poor match the stock header was for this novarossi engine. Also this header and pipe combo fits much better in terms of the seal of the gasket to the engine block, and pipe to the header. Before it was kind of wonky(still sealed with no leaks that I could detect) but now it fits perfect. Everyone, if you have an lst with an aftermarket .28 or bigger, please give this header or similar on road header a try. I think you will be amazed and the difference in performance . At least it works for this particular novarossi engine and I’m glad I tried it out!
snowman49 likes this.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

That’s the header I have in mine, I experimented the 41015,16 and I’m settled on 41017, it has a little torque over the 2. Lst looks familiar in YouTube, by the I’m MTB&RC good to see you here bro👍👍💪💪
Old 10-17-2020, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rigelkent09
That’s the header I have in mine, I experimented the 41015,16 and I’m settled on 41017, it has a little torque over the 2. Lst looks familiar in YouTube, by the I’m MTB&RC good to see you here bro👍👍💪💪
holy crap bro what’s going on! Glad to see you on here too man, I’ve been a part of these forums since April but I’ve been lurking on them for 15 years or more haha. Good call on the 41017, I was thinking of trying the others too but I figured the 41017 was already short enough compared to stock, didn’t want to lose too much bottom. Anyway, if you haven’t seen it already, DavidRc on YouTube has the exact same setup as me and a running video. It’s crazy how much better this header helped my engine perform. I tinkered with the shift point yesterdAy, looking to run the LST tomorrow and test it out. Take care brother thanks for the holler
Old 10-23-2020, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Haven't been on in awhile and just read through your journey here. Once dialed in the LST is probably the best most reliable truck out there. I've had several over the years currently have 3 LST2's. 2 of them are elec converted and one is sitting without a power plant. Wish I would of never got rid of my XXL. I put a Big Red in it and was never happy with it after that. Anyways keep it up great looking truck.
snowman49 and Losi215 like this.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by frontedge
Haven't been on in awhile and just read through your journey here. Once dialed in the LST is probably the best most reliable truck out there. I've had several over the years currently have 3 LST2's. 2 of them are elec converted and one is sitting without a power plant. Wish I would of never got rid of my XXL. I put a Big Red in it and was never happy with it after that. Anyways keep it up great looking truck.
thank you for checking out my thread man! Yes these trucks are awesome. I was 14 years old when they came out and obviously I could not afford one at the time. I’m so glad I finally got one though because they are absolutely nuts. I got mine to a point where it’s been dead nuts reliable the last 8 tanks or so. The only problem I still have with mine is the brakes, I can not for the life of my get them to work properly and I’ve tried everything I know. Other then that I love this truck and I’m never letting it go. Make sure you hold on to yours! Maybe give the nitro another shot, I heard most people like those big red engines and I was actually going to get one. But I got a killer deal on the novarossi I have installed and it was only like 30$ more then the dynamite big red. Thanks again for checking out the thread!
snowman49 likes this.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

A short running video of my LST
snowman49 likes this.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks and sounds good bro
Old 11-05-2020, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by biglor
Looks and sounds good bro
thanks buddy, checked out yours on YouTube, loving that novarossi .15 you got in there and your truck in general. Congrats on the sick build and hope you get to run it soon
biglor likes this.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well. I got a little something in the mail and i figured I’d post a picture and nerd out a little bit.

That’s right folks, found a brand new flywheel, nut, and collet for the LST. Clicked on eBay a week ago and was looking at lst parts, this popped up and I clicked the buy now button with the speed of lightening. Anyone who has an LST knows how rare it is to find one of these brand new. Glad I was able to score one!

Anyways, haven’t ran the truck since October. It’s sitting there quietly waiting for the full lst2 suspension conversion, lst2 axles, lst2 wheels and tires, rc raven dual rate springs, Lunsford titanium turnbuckles for the front, and some general freshening up. Can’t wait to rip it again but I won’t be running it when it’s too cold, just not worth it and well, I dislike the cold weather.
snowman49 and biglor like this.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

awesome! good find!!! cold definitely slowed the running of nitros for me as well, but soon enough will be warm and can really get out to enjoy it. good list of parts to install there!
Old 12-08-2020, 02:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by snowman49
awesome! good find!!! cold definitely slowed the running of nitros for me as well, but soon enough will be warm and can really get out to enjoy it. good list of parts to install there!
thanks man! Yeah it was awesome to find that, can’t wait to work on the lst and get it freshened up. I was lucky enough to have at least 1 or 2 warm days to run up until last week, now it’s too cold.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I feel bad for you guys , here in California I get to run almost every weekend if I want lol I couldn’t go months without that sweet sweet smell!
Losi215 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.