Like Tree68Likes

Team losi lst project

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi215
Hey everyone, just a few pictures for you all

Motor saver “outer saver” filter installed. Looks nice, works well, and certainly keeps the air filters cleaner.

Xpert electronic switch. Really nice piece, shows you your voltage through either a green or red light so I can keep tabs on my battery when running. Got this trying to trace down a terrible glitch problem when I was running my spektrum radio and reciever.

No longer running the spektrum radio setup. Got a Futaba r203gf reciever and paired it with my Futaba 3pv. Also installed a racers edge glitch buster. Haven’t had a single interference or glitch issue since.

This breaks my heart, it really does. This is the result of my runway a couple weeks ago. A scratched cooling headI literally took a purple marker and pink sharpie, and sort of colored in the scratched portion of the cooling head to make myself feel better haha! Doesn’t look great, but if you glance at it from a distance you can hardly tell.

Anyway, just showing you all some changes I’ve made it search of reliability and peace of mind. I will say, using the Futaba radio and with the switch, reciever, and glitch buster capacitor, I’ve had absolutely no runaways or glitches, and the response, and definitely the steering, feels twice as good and much more consistent and dialed. Hope to run tomorrow or Sunday for a bit

zipties with some tubing around the head will help with scratches
Old 06-26-2020, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rrb1399
good idea man, wish I would have done it weeks ago before my truck went nuts and out of control. Will keep in mind for the future
Old 06-26-2020, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

I also have this..

I found this online. It’s called a flexycap from absolute Hobbyz. I think it looks like a big, icing topped donut sitting on top of my engine. I’m unsure of how i like it
rrb1399 likes this.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

man, your truck is looking amazing. glad to see it continually getting better and better.
hope you get to enjoy it this weekend! it definitely does suck getting those bare head flips, but i think we have all done it at least once. good thing nothing truly broke or anything, just cosmetic though.
definitely cant wait to see it in action. i can only imagine that engine being a beast in there.
rrb1399 likes this.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:02 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, I think anybody with any experience with nitro has a scratched head or two.. Ultimately, especially in an MT, once the body is on you barely see it, if at all..(especially with an LST2 body..)

That pink donut would be better if it weren't........... pink..

But yeah, nice going.. Truck's looking good.

I recently got my Kraton, AND started running my MT4 G3 on 5S. I actually think the latter might be more fun... Anyway, as maybe you know, if was the corona downtime that got me back into my car stuff. But now I'm running into that old problem which contributed to wearing me down with cars back in the day - lack of cool places to run them... I live out in the country now instead of the city, so I should be able to find something, and have been keeping an eye out for spots, but nothing yet... Whereas I can have fun with nitro in a parking lot, not so much with brushless.. I feel like I need a bit of terrain to take advantage of it.. Or at least a longer road than the one in front of my house..(I live at a curve in the road, and smacked my Kraton head on into a postbox post yesterday trying to go round it.. Luckily no damage.. But I have to learn - 6S is a whole new ballgame... )
Old 06-29-2020, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by snowman49
man, your truck is looking amazing. glad to see it continually getting better and better.
hope you get to enjoy it this weekend! it definitely does suck getting those bare head flips, but i think we have all done it at least once. good thing nothing truly broke or anything, just cosmetic though.
definitely cant wait to see it in action. i can only imagine that engine being a beast in there.
thanks for the kind words man I appreciate it. Put a lot of time and effort into this truck so far but I still have a ways to go, ran for a whole 8 minutes and well...one of my flywheel pins came loose and locked up the whole clutchbell assembly. Luckily I had another flywheel and got it all replaced. And with the cooling head, I got over it real quick. I’ve had 10-11 nitros over the years and of course my stuff got scratched up , I just like to keep my stuff clean and nice and have it be in good condition. Was trying to get a vid yesterday but of course something else popped up with the flywheel lol. One day I’ll get this thing reliable, I’ve put a lot of effort and time into it and if, and it’s getting there. After i get it to where it can run reliably tank after tank, I’m going to go the full lst2 suspension and lst2 tire conversion. Excited to get that going, just need to buy axles.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Yeah, I think anybody with any experience with nitro has a scratched head or two.. Ultimately, especially in an MT, once the body is on you barely see it, if at all..(especially with an LST2 body..)

That pink donut would be better if it weren't........... pink..

But yeah, nice going.. Truck's looking good.

I recently got my Kraton, AND started running my MT4 G3 on 5S. I actually think the latter might be more fun... Anyway, as maybe you know, if was the corona downtime that got me back into my car stuff. But now I'm running into that old problem which contributed to wearing me down with cars back in the day - lack of cool places to run them... I live out in the country now instead of the city, so I should be able to find something, and have been keeping an eye out for spots, but nothing yet... Whereas I can have fun with nitro in a parking lot, not so much with brushless.. I feel like I need a bit of terrain to take advantage of it.. Or at least a longer road than the one in front of my house..(I live at a curve in the road, and smacked my Kraton head on into a postbox post yesterday trying to go round it.. Luckily no damage.. But I have to learn - 6S is a whole new ballgame... )
oh yeah man it’s not a huge deal at all. No engine damaged occurred or anything which I’m grateful for. And yes that head protector sure is bright pink isn’t it? Lol I was trying to get a color that sort of matched the cooling head the best, but it ended up being a bright kindergarten looking pink. Oh well I’m not ashamed .

i hear you about a lack of viable places to run your truck. I run at an abandoned parking lot 30 seconds from my apartment, it’s convenient it it sure does get old. Those 6s trucks looks ballistic in videos, you need a huge area to run them it to get the full affect. Hope you find some good bashing spots so it’s no so repetitive or restrictive for you man!
Old 06-30-2020, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi215
thanks for the kind words man I appreciate it. Put a lot of time and effort into this truck so far but I still have a ways to go, ran for a whole 8 minutes and well...one of my flywheel pins came loose and locked up the whole clutchbell assembly. Luckily I had another flywheel and got it all replaced. And with the cooling head, I got over it real quick. I’ve had 10-11 nitros over the years and of course my stuff got scratched up , I just like to keep my stuff clean and nice and have it be in good condition. Was trying to get a vid yesterday but of course something else popped up with the flywheel lol. One day I’ll get this thing reliable, I’ve put a lot of effort and time into it and if, and it’s getting there. After i get it to where it can run reliably tank after tank, I’m going to go the full lst2 suspension and lst2 tire conversion. Excited to get that going, just need to buy axles.
I think I have a set of xxl2 shock bodies and caps if interested I think you can use the shaft from yours and piston to complete them I also have black and silver spring sets
Old 06-30-2020, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

I think I have a set of xxl2 shock bodies and caps if interested I think you can use the shaft from yours and piston to complete them I also have black and silver spring sets
Hey thanks a bunch! I actually have shock shafts and cartridges to rebuild my stock lst shocks. In terms of the conversion I already have all the lst2 arms, knuckles, hinge pins, wheel hexes and nuts. Besides lst2 axles I don’t really need anything else. But thank you for the offer seriously
rrb1399 likes this.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, so I want to build a super strong rear differential to cope with the novarossi power plant. These are the parts I have:

From top to bottom- Diff shims 13 mm losb3951 Aluminum diff case losb3531 F/r diff bevel gears losb3538 F/r diff ring pinion losb3534 F/r heavy duty outdrives losb3503 Heavy duty diff case losb3528 8 x 16 bearings losb6942

my question is, do I have all the parts I need to rebuild a diff? And also, what are the 13 mm differential shims used for and where exactly in the diff itself? All of the parts explosions I’ve looked at don’t mention or show those shims or its respective part number anywhere in the diagram. Also, there is a single shim in the diff ring and pinion package, and 2 shims in my heavy duty outdrives package. My other question is, where exactly would these shims go? I’ve looked at the parts explosions and watched a video or 2 about diff building, but because I’m replacing my factory setup with a heavy duty diff case and heavy duty outdrives, does the factory parts explosion image work for me to? Basically I’m just not sure where all these shims are supposed to go, especially the 13 mm shims which are not even shown in the parts explosion list. Any links, pictures, or information would be greatly appreciated . Thanks guys

Old 07-03-2020, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Been ages since I messed with an LST(2) diff.. Never had to much. Those skinny shims go over the cups inside the diff housings - if necessary.. I would just build it, take your time, and shim if necessary if there is any play...

I seem to recall having to shim the pinion so it sits right in the housing maybe? Don't quote me on that - been ages... Looks like you've got al the stuff there though.. Don't overthink it..
Old 07-03-2020, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

check out post #3 in the following link:
Losi LST tips and tricks ( 3mm, 4mm screw mods, how to shim LST diffs etc ) Pic heavy

you are shimming the diff ring gear back and forth to get as little slop as possible, and you can shim the pinion gear if necessary, towards the ring gear to keep as much gear tooth contact as possible without binding.

i use that tips and tricks guide quite often, and the poster explains it very well with good explanation and pic references.

hope that helps.

Last edited by snowman49; 07-03-2020 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Been ages since I messed with an LST(2) diff.. Never had to much. Those skinny shims go over the cups inside the diff housings - if necessary.. I would just build it, take your time, and shim if necessary if there is any play...

I seem to recall having to shim the pinion so it sits right in the housing maybe? Don't quote me on that - been ages... Looks like you've got al the stuff there though.. Don't overthink it..
thanks man that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. Snowman49 sent me that awesome link showing how to do everything.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by snowman49
check out post #3 in the following link:
Losi LST tips and tricks ( 3mm, 4mm screw mods, how to shim LST diffs etc ) Pic heavy

you are shimming the diff ring gear back and forth to get as little slop as possible, and you can shim the pinion gear if necessary, towards the ring gear to keep as much gear tooth contact as possible without binding.

i use that tips and tricks guide quite often, and the poster explains it very well with good explanation and pic references.

hope that helps.
hey thanks brother I forgot all that intro was in the link. Thanks again. I do have one question that the diff building explanation doesn’t seem to show. It appears the 13 mm bigger shims go over the diff outdrives into the diff housing,which is cool. In my diff outdrive package though, it’s got 2 little shims(5 or 6 mm) and the diff building page didn’t go into that at all I don’t think. I’m assuming those smaller shims would go near the pinion gear? To bring it as close to the ring gear as possible as you said?
Old 07-03-2020, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

i believe those are there in case you need them for your outdrives themselves if necessary i havent needed any shimming there, and i didnt notice any there from factory but i also dont have the HD ones if that changes anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.