Like Tree10Likes

Kyosho Mad Van

Old 04-20-2020, 10:55 AM
  #16  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 3
Default

Can anyone tell me what diff fluid I should be using? All stock. The manual only mentions the 4 bevel option.
Check is offline  
Old 04-20-2020, 11:51 AM
  #17  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cambridge, Ohio
Posts: 50
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Check
Can anyone tell me what diff fluid I should be using? All stock. The manual only mentions the 4 bevel option.
for diff fluid I donít have any knowledge of but for the four bevel gear diff, you can buy the bevel gear shafts, part number KYO97001. The bevel gears are part number KYOVZ012.

Hope that helps.
Check likes this.
racinmason is offline  
Old 04-20-2020, 12:31 PM
  #18  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by racinmason
for diff fluid I donít have any knowledge of but for the four bevel gear diff, you can buy the bevel gear shafts, part number KYO97001. The bevel gears are part number KYOVZ012.

Hope that helps.
Hey man, I've taken note of the part numbers so thanks for that. I'm changing my spur tomorrow so was just going to refill the diffs while I'm there. Very little information around.
Check is offline  
Old 04-20-2020, 01:55 PM
  #19  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cambridge, Ohio
Posts: 50
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Check
Hey man, I've taken note of the part numbers so thanks for that. I'm changing my spur tomorrow so was just going to refill the diffs while I'm there. Very little information around.
I had the same issue with information. Also difficultly finding spare parts. I donít know if finding parts for Kyosho is more difficult compared to other companies or not. Iíve never had an issue with Tamiya and parts supplies.
I had the Fazer Mad Van and the Outlaw Rampage, I ended up selling both because of having such a hard time finding parts.
I hope you have better luck than I did.
racinmason is offline  
Old 04-20-2020, 02:31 PM
  #20  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by racinmason
I had the same issue with information. Also difficultly finding spare parts. I donít know if finding parts for Kyosho is more difficult compared to other companies or not. Iíve never had an issue with Tamiya and parts supplies.
I had the Fazer Mad Van and the Outlaw Rampage, I ended up selling both because of having such a hard time finding parts.
I hope you have better luck than I did.
That's a shame, 2 fun models. I'm in Ireland, can sometimes get parts from England on back order but I had a tough time finding that spur. Finally found one in a small shop in France, they had one left. I love the Mad Van though so I keep with it.
Check is offline  
Old 04-20-2020, 04:13 PM
  #21  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cambridge, Ohio
Posts: 50
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Check
That's a shame, 2 fun models. I'm in Ireland, can sometimes get parts from England on back order but I had a tough time finding that spur. Finally found one in a small shop in France, they had one left. I love the Mad Van though so I keep with it.
yes I really hated to sell the mad van, I loved that van body. Maybe Iíll pick up another mad van some day if parts become more readily available.
Check likes this.
racinmason is offline  
Old 10-08-2021, 01:12 PM
  #22  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (74)
 
TIME MACHINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 2,758
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

I started this thread over a year ago. I been thinking about the Mad Van, since I sold mine a few months after purchase. I kind of regretted getting rid of it, just based on the cool factor.

Today, I strolled into my local Hobbytown and there it was, on the shelf, a new brushless Mad Van. I had to have it.

So the Mad Van thread lives to see another day!
TIME MACHINE is offline  
Old 10-09-2021, 05:58 PM
  #23  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (74)
 
TIME MACHINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: King George, VA
Posts: 2,758
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

It’s even better looking in person.




ridgeracer and kajex7 like this.
TIME MACHINE is offline  
Old 04-24-2024, 10:00 AM
  #24  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Posts: 2
Default What hood is that one on your mad van ???

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
Thats exactly what the issue was. I couldnít find any specs on the ESC, Kyosho is terrible. I looked all over the Internet. I was hoping that it could handle an 8T like the Dynamite version, but no luck.

I tried to fit a 12T 550 Arrma motor in the van, but it is too long and the shaft is too long. I threw the 14T stock motor back in until I figure out what to do with the truck. Iím thinking a mild 3300kv brushless system would do the trick. In the meantime, Iím running the truck without the van body. Gotta keep that nice......for now.

hey im interested in getting a new hood for the mad van ve. Curious as to what hood that vw looking hood is??
Madvan is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.