Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree133Likes

1/5th Arrma Kraton 4X4 8S BLX

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

dear kraton 8s people, can you confirm me one thing : does your firma ESC allow 100% reverse ?

Last edited by werner sline; 05-13-2020 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 01:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Niz55
I was running 5687 1100KV with 29T pinion like everyone on you tube and the forums are running. They all claimed that runs super cool even with 31T. My motor heated up to 262F with the 29T pinion.

I think i might go with the leo 5898 1100KV with 26T pinion should run over 50mph and cool.
I think it will still run hot, it's the same kv so it's running at 35k rpm.
I've been playing with these large can 58xx motors for a couple of years now, and I've come to the conclusion they don't really like going over 30k rpm
I took a gamble and went with the HS 980kv at 31k rpm based on it being a 112mm long can, so it has allot more power, and the K8S is light compared to a "true" 1/5 scale. So it paid off with cool temps

Basically i would suggest if you're going with a 5898 can drop it down to 900kv or so if there is one, if not, get Hobbystar 56112 980kv and run no more than 34t pinion
Old 07-18-2020, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robert@castle
Hold tight. More stuff is coming to power that motor in the next 6 months for now, as pointed out by Steel_Rain we just released the Monster X 8s. It isn't a direct replacement for the XLX, but it is close.
Here is a video from one of our beta testers running it in the Kraton 8s with the stock motor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvTHnUq-MIg
and here is with a Sensored 2028 in the same truck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-3BJViCNbE
He also put it in a Limitless and it went 121mph on 6s using our sensored 1515 2200kv. It pulled 330.7 amps to go 121mph and the ESC was still under 110F. I'm obviously biased but I have been incredibly impressed with this ESC. Think of it as a Max 6 for continuous current with peak currents higher than the Max 5 can do.

We haven't really talked about it, but yes we have been struggling to keep running for the past few years. Pivot has brought in a bunch of working capital to us and is helping us get back on our feet. We have a huge queue of backorders because we couldn't afford to buy the parts needed to build the products that people were buying. We are filling all of the backorders and will be refreshing many of our products this year to update all of our aging product lines. Look for big things to come this year from us.
awesome looking trucks
Old 07-22-2020, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

I just saw one of these in the hobby shop the other day while I was looking at Traxxas TRX 4s.

everything seems to be beefier than 1/8 scale but not quite as beefy as true 1/5 scale. It's smaller than a 1/5 scale buggy or desert truck, so if it's going to be considered a monster truck it is definitely not 1/5 scale.
stascom and gavsta72 like this.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

I can't believe people pay for these things...

I just got a Kraton 6S, so have been searching for things. I look up "Kraton body" and find things for €130.. I'm like, WTH? Oh, 8S... Then wheels, spares, tuning, etc etc... 8th scale or well any other scale is money pit enough. But bigger than 8th scale is a money giant-sucking-vaccuum-void...
Smaug, Micah78 and gavsta72 like this.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have to say since I’ve bought mine I have had a blast with it ! My son and I have literally beat on this thing and built a ramp with a buddy and just sent this thing and it keeps on ticking. Haven’t broken anything but have replaced a few things that have been taking abuse and become loose. Love this damn truck! Would love to get it on a big track that would be a blast !
Old 08-07-2020, 06:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChampionR6
I have to say since I’ve bought mine I have had a blast with it ! My son and I have literally beat on this thing and built a ramp with a buddy and just sent this thing and it keeps on ticking. Haven’t broken anything but have replaced a few things that have been taking abuse and become loose. Love this damn truck! Would love to get it on a big track that would be a blast !
That is good to hear. I was a bit critical of Arrma but at the end of the day I hope that it's a good truck for those who bought it. I'm sure it's fun, same with the big Kraton.