Search
Like Tree6Likes

Best new Monster/Basher

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killer rock
For me I help out at a local shop alot. And xmaxx is not on my list to add to my collection granted it is a user error to my knowledge. Guy took out his mail box you know the wooden pull cemented in to the ground. We'll need less to say Trashed his xmaxx cost him in parts what is cost him to buy a brand new one. Personally I'll stay with my mt410. Although large scale rc wise I'm looking at a 1/5scale gasser. Just not ready to pull the trigger. The emaxx being DC is a bit disappointing as my electric tmaxx jump truck used emaxx drive shaft......

Oh if you don't know the traxxas drama. I'd like to know that rock you've been hiding under.
You can't blame Traxxas for hitting a mailbox.

What drama? Please expand on that.

Originally Posted by slick2500
I would think they will continue making parts for that truck, they sold so many of them it would be a dumb decision on their part to discontinue parts. Plus the E/Tmaxx has probably the largest aftermarket of any other rc car on the planet, you can quite literally build an Emaxx or Tmaxx without using any Traxxas parts.
They discontinued the X-Maxx parts? Where did you see that news?
Old 04-11-2019, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slick2500
I would think they will continue making parts for that truck, they sold so many of them it would be a dumb decision on their part to discontinue parts. Plus the E/Tmaxx has probably the largest aftermarket of any other rc car on the planet, you can quite literally build an Emaxx or Tmaxx without using any Traxxas parts.
this is the truth...one of the things that has kept me on the maxx platform.
currently the only traxxas parts on my emaxx are body mounts, a traxxas 1717 motor and a traxxas rx box from a slash i believe..

also to op, depending on what you plan on doing with this truck will have a huge impact on what you need. Alot of people have good luck with a team redcat tr10 and others would leave with a pile of broken parts.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
You can't blame Traxxas for hitting a mailbox.
Who's blaming traxxas
I had to step out side when he brought in the "parts" in, because I had to laugh.

Altho I did feel bad for laughing after the fact, as I did ran my mini-8 in to my parked car 5 minutes after I got it.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What's going on with Traxxas parts?
Old 09-30-2019, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xirton
Yes, with no doubt the E-Maxx hasn't been selling well in recent years. It's the best selling monster truck of all time, but its height was 10+ years back. In stock form it's been obsolete for years (some might argue right from start lol)..

I'm pretty confident a 1/10 X-Maxx would make an instant hit and perfect replacement of the E-Maxx. Just surprised it's taking them so long. I'd say Traxxas is missing out on a huge opportunity, if they're solely going to offer the E-Revo in the 1/8 MT BL market (I consider the Stampede true 10th scale and the Summit isn't brushless).
You should get a prize for that prediction.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5_Vs_wUOSWo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-03-2019, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Shapeshifter
You should get a prize for that prediction.
Yep!

Old 10-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

I saw the Maxx on 6S and it was impressive. On demand wheelie all the way through, realistic monster truck handling (although it being independent suspension) and super plush suspension gets my vote. However, there are a few 1/10-1/8 scale competitor right now that I wouldn't mind getting either. At a steal of a deal, my first choice would definitely be the Losi 1/8 LST 3XL-E as it is $499 at the moment. Tekno, Hobao and Kyosho Mad Force would be excellent choices along with the new MAXX.