Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
i'm new on this board, sorry if this is in the wrong section, troubleshooting? >

i'm new on this board, sorry if this is in the wrong section, troubleshooting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

i'm new on this board, sorry if this is in the wrong section, troubleshooting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 11:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default i'm new on this board, sorry if this is in the wrong section, troubleshooting?

I have a 2.5 Tmaxx, I've had it about 15 years. 2 or 3 years ago I was i was driving it, and something went in the transmission, I believe, it would rev and run, but not move. I put it away and never really had the time to start messing with it. I got it out, was trying to start it to figure out if it was the transmission or something else, and saw the carb cracked where the HSN goes in, probably because it was stored in my garage and it got really cold. Fast forward to now, I bought a new carb body, put it together, switched from EZ start to pull start. It's back together, I finally got it to turn over and start, but it won't stay running unless I keep the controller squeezed slightly. I've been messing with the idle on the carb, but can't seem to get it to just idle.
My fuel is at least 6 years old, probably older, and I had it stored in the garage so it got pretty cold, then warm, etc, could it be that simple, the fuel is old. I can't think of anything else, but if it starts the fuel should be ok correct?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

get some fresh fuel, put in a new glow plug and see if that doesn't help. I would also look up the factory settings for the motor and reset it to those for ease of troubleshooting.

6 years for fuel is no bueno. Toss it.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
get some fresh fuel, put in a new glow plug and see if that doesn't help. I would also look up the factory settings for the motor and reset it to those for ease of troubleshooting.

6 years for fuel is no bueno. Toss it.
Thanks,
Glow plug is new, I replaced it when I replaced the EZ start, some of the wires were frayed and the plug wouldn't really ignite, so I just went with the pull start. I'll try the fuel, I figured if it'll start with the fuel it should run with the fuel.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Turn the idle screw clock wise till runs without pulling trigger.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Definitely Fuel....
Old 02-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Tech Lord

Check the new glowplug. If the wire is dark colored I sugest to open the engine and check for rust.