Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Pro-Line 3.8's new arrivals >

Pro-Line 3.8's new arrivals

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FunnieKid

Pro-Line 3.8's new arrivals

Old 11-27-2018, 05:09 PM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
vettehigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 578
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Pro-Line 3.8's new arrivals

PL is not making the Mashers and Shockwaves anymore. There are others too that will be stopped. I spoke with Pro-Line and this is what they told me: "I can definitely say we have some exciting new tires in the works for 3.8" Monster Trucks. Stay tuned in the coming months!"
vettehigh is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 06:50 PM
  #2  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 691
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Nice! The 40 series bowtie and crime fighter were my favorites . Hope to see something similar
biglor is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 09:23 PM
  #3  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cincinnati, oh
Posts: 825
Default

Originally Posted by vettehigh View Post
PL is not making the Mashers and Shockwaves anymore. There are others too that will be stopped. I spoke with Pro-Line and this is what they told me: "I can definitely say we have some exciting new tires in the works for 3.8" Monster Trucks. Stay tuned in the coming months!"
Hopefully they will come out with some tires that are stronger to reduce the ballooning. Seems to be the direction they are going. Similar to the mx38 badlands.
Micah78 is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 09:05 AM
  #4  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
vettehigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 578
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Micah78 View Post

Hopefully they will come out with some tires that are stronger to reduce the ballooning. Seems to be the direction they are going. Similar to the mx38 badlands.
You would think so. The new arrivals should all be balloon free with cool new designs. Even if it costs a tad more, it would be worth it
vettehigh is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 04:39 PM
  #5  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 691
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Something lightweight would be cool , I love to run small blocks. Something easy on the drivetrain
biglor is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 09:31 PM
  #6  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 567
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Are the Badlands being discontinued? Not the ones that come with the rims.
Cardiak is online now  
Old 11-29-2018, 01:36 AM
  #7  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Dave_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I like things.
Posts: 5,463
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm very interested.
Dave_S is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 07:29 AM
  #8  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sweden
Posts: 395
Default

I hope they make 3.8" beadlocks and use better foam in the tires. Really I have used a few proline wheels on my truck and the foam gets flat pretty soon and also shred, specially if you jump alot. I have replaced the tire foam with foam from a matress and they hold up 10x better. We need beadlocks so we can change out the foam when worn. Why spend 120 dollars on a set of wheels and then after 4 months you can't use them because the foam is broken down inside the wheel. And proline don't even sell replacable foam or stand alone tires anymore so even if you manage to the get the tire off, you have no way of replacing the inserts other than making your own. My next wheels will be these:



At least I will be able to change out the foam without soaking the wheels in acetone, or bake them or heatgun them.
FunnieKid is offline  
Old 12-05-2018, 02:05 PM
  #9  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sweden
Posts: 395
Default

I got the new Louise RC beadlock wheels for 1/8 scale trucks. They seem to be available in EU only.







They are true beadlocks which is good, because then I can change out the foam when getting worn out. They are heavy though, around 375g each and they fit better on a big truck like the savage xl and similar size. The rims are unique as they use their own type of locking design and 17mm hub instead of 24mm but the tyres are HPI copies in terms of design. The inserts are simply a strip of foam that is glued togeather.

Now we need smaller beadlock wheels, these are the size of 1/5 scale buggy wheels heavy so they will put some strain on the driveline.
Dave_S likes this.
FunnieKid is offline  
Old 12-07-2018, 03:24 AM
  #10  
Tech Adept
 
Totallyosho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 117
Default

Originally Posted by FunnieKid View Post
I got the new Louise RC beadlock wheels for 1/8 scale trucks. They seem to be available in EU only.







They are true beadlocks which is good, because then I can change out the foam when getting worn out. They are heavy though, around 375g each and they fit better on a big truck like the savage xl and similar size. The rims are unique as they use their own type of locking design and 17mm hub instead of 24mm but the tyres are HPI copies in terms of design. The inserts are simply a strip of foam that is glued togeather.

Now we need smaller beadlock wheels, these are the size of 1/5 scale buggy wheels heavy so they will put some strain on the driveline.

I suppose you are giving the weight of the tire alone, but since they only fit these wheels, some complete wheel weights:
Shockwaves: 281g
Arrma Backflips:351g
Badlands MX38: 414g
Louise ST-Viper is 458g.

These babies are MASSIVE.
Totallyosho is offline  
Old 12-07-2018, 07:27 AM
  #11  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sweden
Posts: 395
Default

I was wrong about the weight though, they must weight 470 grams as the super swampers weigh 390 or something. They are heavy and they will put strain on the driveline but all 1/5 scale beadlock weigh more. As a benefit, they are narrower and harder compound so the truck rolls more freely due to less friction. The truck feels more nible though. But the wheels are low profile so they may crack on large jumps when it is cold outside.
FunnieKid is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.