Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Integy shocks for the Savage >

Integy shocks for the Savage

Integy shocks for the Savage

Old 02-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default Integy shocks for the Savage

Yeah just bought some and I already bent two of the shafts. Does anybody make a shaft that is a little stronger, that will work? I think they are 3.5 mm. I guess I should have bought some Hotbodies or something, cause these kinda suck.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

take the shafts out of the stock shock and try to drop them in the integy's, ive heard the shafts suck on the integy so dont bother buying replacments. if the stock shafts wont fit (i dont see why they wouldnt) then get a set of hpi threaded alum. shocks or hotbodies
Old 02-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

i got a better idea y dont u buy the replacements and clean the shocks completely and take em back? and buy some HPI 1's
Old 02-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

I will try and fit the stock shafts in there. I actually thought of that when it happend. I was just worried about some slop in the stroke of the shock, being that the stock shaft is a bit smaller than the hole in the shock body, and shorter than the Integy. Anyway, thanks. I will try that. If it doenst work I am putting the ugly stock ones back on. They took more abuse.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

wats wrong with the stock shocks???? i like em there not that ugly lol but the are prettty ugly ....

im gona start saving for the alloy 1's from HPI that have alloy knuckles and stuff aswell there nice
Old 02-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

yeah i had the first ersion of those shocks with the 3mm shafts,they told me i was bending them because i was running to heavy of a fluid.

they sent me the new ones with 3.5 shafts and then said run no heavier than 35wt in them.

after one lap around the track i bent 2 shafts i pulled them off sent them back and got the HPI units,awesome thats all i can say they were great the only complaint the boots just crumbled on me so i would pick up an extra set other than that not a better shock to put on the savage unless you put the rock concepts tower on then it gets interesting
Old 02-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

So what you are saying is that the HPI shocks are a lot stronger? I am running 30wt straight across.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crash21
So what you are saying is that the HPI shocks are a lot stronger? I am running 30wt straight across.
i ran 80wt in my hpi shocks and i tumbled that poor truck everywhich way but never hurt the shocks.

yes they are ALOT stronger and they look awesome also and the stock shocks did a fine job they were very good but the aluminum ones prevented blowing them out on a hard akward landing
Old 02-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Well I Guess I will invest in some hpi's. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crash21
Well I Guess I will invest in some hpi's. Thanks for the help.
they are well worth the money and actually were cheaper than the integy's
Old 02-25-2006, 04:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Have fitted the Integy Super-Duty MSR5 shocks (3.5mm shafts) to my Savage X and to be honest, I've not had a problem with them. Maybe I'm just not bashing it hard enough! ( <-- the truck, that is!)

One thing worth noting is that they say to only use 15 or 20 wt oil. I imagine this reduction in resistance puts lets bending stress on the shaft when going from extended to retracted (if not perfectly 'true'), and also reduces the trucks tendency to roll over when cornering at speed. Used with the stock HPI black springs - works for me (so far). I do like the HPI's, however, having spent the money, the Integys will stay until I wreck 'em.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

the integy shocks don't have as many problems on the x because the shock tower is made of a siffer plasitc. the reason people bend shock shafts on the integy shocks on the 25 is because the shocktowers are made from the same soft plastic as the skidplate. then with the shock body being aluminum and not having any flex at all, the shaft bends because it is the weakest part of the shock. get some gpm multimount aluminum shock towers(i think they are like 30 bucks) and then you will not bend shock shafts so easily because then you would have to bend that arm which is made of the siffest plastic hpi makes on the savage.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ahh - I have the Nova ally shock towers, so not much bending going on. Very light.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

steven how much did u pay for your hpi set?? and did u get the set with the ally parts aswell like the knuckles nstuff
Old 02-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

the shop i work at sell them for $94.90 +9.90 shipping. pm me for a link.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.