Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

New Arrma truck what’s it gonna be

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

who else is disapointed that the nex truck from arrma is not a 1/8 or 1/7 scale truck ?
Old 09-29-2018, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whatever it turns out to be, I'm sure we can all agree it will have one or two small but important parts that are made from plastic slightly too brittle to withstand real-world bashing.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by werner sline
who else is disapointed that the nex truck from arrma is not a 1/8 or 1/7 scale truck ?
not too suprised. Horizon needs to keep brands in their slot. Not sure they would let Arrma do something that would be competing against Losi
Old 09-29-2018, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

not too suprised. Horizon needs to keep brands in their slot. Not sure they would let Arrma do something that would be competing against Losi
damnit ! you're right ! i was dreaming of the xmaxx competitor from arrma ! but the lossi 3xl-e is there !
Old 09-30-2018, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

Arrma is the wrong brand to compete with the X-Maxx. Their products aren't strong enough. Traxxas might have a widespread reputation for breakable plastic parts, but Arrma doesn't have a widespread reputation for breakable plastic parts because they break even faster and fewer people buy them. The only reason Redcat can get away with building a truck as big as the X-Maxx is because nobody expects Redcat to be high-quality in the first place, so when it breaks they aren't surprised. People wouldn't tolerate that from Arrma.

Anyway, this truck looks boring as hell. No locking diffs, no care.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:27 AM
Tech Champion

I personally would trust Aarma over Traxxas any day of the week, in any scale.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
oh no ! we got the ingredients for another arrma/traxxas fight !

i like to hear people that have both brands equally bashed.

any experience of owners that had both brands ?
Old 09-30-2018, 05:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by werner sline
oh no ! we got the ingredients for another arrma/traxxas fight !

i like to hear people that have both brands equally bashed.

any experience of owners that had both brands ?
I have both brands. Both have positive and negatives

When I get a new vehicle I have a 10 run right out the box standard. There were very different vehicles but run in same places. XMaxx, Nero, Outcast. Only XMaxx passed 10 runs.
werner sline and fyrstormer like this.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
That's because you're Herrsavage, you hate Traxxas on principle, and you love getting into pointless arguments based on brand loyalty. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about whether I hate Arrma more than you hate Traxxas, because I don't hate Arrma in the first place. I merely recognize the limitations of Arrma's plastic parts.

- - -

My Summit has broken two plastic axles and a front bumper support. One of my T-Maxxes broke its front-right suspension arms when I clipped a telephone pole, and it broke a few hinge pins during some cartwheels when I was still learning how to drive it fast. The rest of my Traxxas vehicles have never broken any parts. My Arrma Granite RWD has never broken any parts either, but my Arrma Raider has broken multiple front and rear shock towers, suspension arms, and front lower bulkheads -- and that's just driving on pavement. Fortunately I had the good sense to install a metal-gear transmission from an old donor vehicle when I was building my Raider, so I never had to deal with stripped plastic transmission gears. I have a gallon-sized Zip-loc bag stuffed to the breaking point with spare parts for my Raider, so I feel safe driving it, but I wish to hell they'd used a softer nylon compound for their shock towers. I'd rather have shock towers that flex instead of shock towers that shatter. I'm sure Billy Kelly can relate to that sentiment after replacing the turnbuckle eyelets on his Arrma Nero over and over.

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
When I get a new vehicle I have a 10 run right out the box standard. There were very different vehicles but run in same places. XMaxx, Nero, Outcast. Only XMaxx passed 10 runs.
What do you do with vehicles that don't pass the 10-run test? Do you fix them and sell them immediately, do you put them in storage to see if you miss them, or what?
Old 09-30-2018, 06:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Gotta learn how to edit

What do you do with vehicles that don't pass the 10-run test? Do you fix them and sell them immediately, do you put them in storage to see if you miss them, or what?

I keep everything. I pick 10 runs because ithe average buyer, not like us here, runs 1-2 times a week at best. 10 runs= 5-10 weeks to average buyer.

When I first joined forums, I read so many post about RTR needing to be completely rebuilt before use. Or someone bought vehicle x. Then give a list of things changed or replaced before running. Then with a completely different vehicle then what’s in the box. Give a “ excellent truck, buy one “ opinion.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

I'm one of those people who upgrades RTRs very soon after buying them. I'd rather not find out what will break, and my mechanical aptitude makes it pretty easy for me to look at things and see where the weak points are going to be. But I consider it valid to give opinions about the quality of upgraded RTRs, because even if you wait for stuff to break before upgrading it, you'll still need to know whether good upgrades exist, and that's where upgraded-RTR build threads come in handy.
Dave_S and smirkracing like this.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

i don't run my cars... i only jump them ! lol !
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
I'm one of those people who upgrades RTRs very soon after buying them. I'd rather not find out what will break, and my mechanical aptitude makes it pretty easy for me to look at things and see where the weak points are going to be. But I consider it valid to give opinions about the quality of upgraded RTRs, because even if you wait for stuff to break before upgrading it, you'll still need to know whether good upgrades exist, and that's where upgraded-RTR build threads come in handy.
My literary aptitude makes it pretty easy for me to look at things Fyrstormer saw as weak points, and upgrade accordingly (with gratitude!)

Joking aside, I hardly care how an RTR performs out of the box. For me, the quality of the basic design is the #1 issue, and parts support (stock and upgraded) is #2. Build/upgrade threads are incredibly important to figure this out, so thanks to Fyrstormer and everyone else who shares these valuable insights.

fyrstormer likes this.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Tech Initiate

How could anybody say that Arrma is not strong enough; look at this video;
I do not own a Arrma, but this guy bashes the turds out of his, and they keep on trucking.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smirkracing
My literary aptitude makes it pretty easy for me to look at things Fyrstormer saw as weak points, and upgrade accordingly (with gratitude!)

Joking aside, I hardly care how an RTR performs out of the box. For me, the quality of the basic design is the #1 issue, and parts support (stock and upgraded) is #2. Build/upgrade threads are incredibly important to figure this out, so thanks to Fyrstormer and everyone else who shares these valuable insights.
interesting point of view : so what is, based on your point of view, the best hardcore basher monster truck today ? ( that wouldn't take much modifications to be really durable )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.