Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVX wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default EVX wiring question

Hi can someone tell me if it is possible to use an EVX with 14 cells and only one motor by connecting both positives to the motor pos and both negatives to the motor neg? If this is possible then does anyone have any idea what motor (540 size) limit i could use??

Thanks
Old 02-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

i aint very sure but i would recommend u read ur instruction booklet and see wat the battery limit isand wat motor u can use

im realy a nitro man but i dont think its a good idea to do wat ur thinking
Old 02-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ok.....the thermal protection will be in use when you try this one....itll be able to handle 14 cells, and just dont ook up one motor, cut the other plugs off or cover them so you dont get any short circuits. hooking both the harnesses to one motor isnt smart.....well really 14 cells is just 2, 7-cell stick packs.....what kind of cells do you plan on using?
Old 02-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The evx can use 14 cells and one motor, it is not nessecary to use both connectors on pair is fine. On a 540 size motor the evx is limited to around a 10 turn single motor or so, but in order to keep the motor from overspeeding something over 27 turns is nessacary (like a 35 turn lathe motor.)
Old 02-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Initiate

its for a one off speed attempt will probably be using a 19 turn motor only has to run for about 2 mins and not too bothered about destroying the motor just dont reammy want to kill the speedo but if it blows it blows. So each pair of motor outputs outputs the full 14.4 volts is that correct i will probably be using some old GP 3300s will have to see what i have lying around