Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
HPI Savage XL 5.9 2.0 >

HPI Savage XL 5.9 2.0

HPI Savage XL 5.9 2.0

Old 07-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default HPI Savage XL 5.9 2.0

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did try looking.

Is HPI still planing on releasing a Savage XL 5.9 v2.0?I heard a rumour they were supposed to release one lat year but the factory that produced their K5.9 engine went into administration and that 2018 was the year it was coming out.

Anybody heard anything ?
I need a basher and the XL was the one

Cheers
Rob
Old 07-10-2018, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Haven't heard anything. I can't decide to sell mine or just keep it since it appears they aren't really making them anymore...I wouldn't wait around for HPI, it's been years now and nothing but a fizzling dud of half-hope inspiration from Ripmax - a euro company who apparently bought HPI but they must be having a hard time getting it back in gear.

Buy a used one (FB marketplace, CL, and ebay) or move on to another company that is doing better. The Savage was always the king of big block nitro monster trucks in my book though, and I wouldn't want any other RC in that class
Old 07-12-2018, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrgrimm View Post
Haven't heard anything. I can't decide to sell mine or just keep it since it appears they aren't really making them anymore...I wouldn't wait around for HPI, it's been years now and nothing but a fizzling dud of half-hope inspiration from Ripmax - a euro company who apparently bought HPI but they must be having a hard time getting it back in gear.

Buy a used one (FB marketplace, CL, and ebay) or move on to another company that is doing better. The Savage was always the king of big block nitro monster trucks in my book though, and I wouldn't want any other RC in that class
I get where you're coming from. wouldn't want another truck in that class. I saw this and wondered whether one was in the pipeline:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-sav...roducts/397413

can always by a used one
Old 07-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

I had this response from a large UK online store:

"Good Morning,

There were a few factory issues with HPI and in result HPI have now got their own factory. We suspect they are going to change the engine as recently seen an F5.9 listed on their site however they are unable to give us a 100% expected date for the models.

We may eventually get one....