Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
do you guys watch this kind of rc videos ? >

do you guys watch this kind of rc videos ?

Like Tree4Likes

do you guys watch this kind of rc videos ?

Old 06-02-2018, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default do you guys watch this kind of rc videos ?

with " the most epic rc channel " , " huge jump " and a " giant slash " ?

what do you think of those type of videos ?
Old 06-03-2018, 08:30 AM
Tech Initiate

"what do you think of those type of videos ? " not for me
Old 06-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Those thumbnails are carefully sculpted to catch the interest of a child. Any time you see a thumbnail with someones face contorted into a ridiculous expression....or multi colored objects......it's made for children.
dud's, Billy Kelly and FunnieKid like this.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slackinoff View Post
Those thumbnails are carefully sculpted to catch the interest of a child. Any time you see a thumbnail with someones face contorted into a ridiculous expression....or multi colored objects......it's made for children.
that's what i thought ! and i tried to watch the video , i tried , but i can't stand teletubbies !!

but honestly, it might be good for RC if so many kids watch those videos, don't you think ?
Old 06-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
that's what i thought ! and i tried to watch the video , i tried , but i can't stand teletubbies !!

but honestly, it might be good for RC if so many kids watch those videos, don't you think ?
if the world ďepicĒ is in title, I usually avoid the video. Most of these super hyped up RC videos came after the Dude Perfect guys did a bunch with Traxxas. As much as I donít like them, canít deny their power of exposure. Most of the Dude Perfect videos were getting more then 5 million views. Thatís huge exposure for brand and hobby. Even if only 1 in a 1,000 actually buy.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

if the world ďepicĒ is in title, I usually avoid the video. Most of these super hyped up RC videos came after the Dude Perfect guys did a bunch with Traxxas. As much as I donít like them, canít deny their power of exposure. Most of the Dude Perfect videos were getting more then 5 million views. Thatís huge exposure for brand and hobby. Even if only 1 in a 1,000 actually buy.
1 in 1000 buys with 4 billion . any retailer would love those sales # ..more like 1 in 100,000 still in the black
Old 06-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slackinoff View Post
funnily kelvin talbot uses the same recipe sometimes !

Old 06-03-2018, 02:39 PM
Tech Lord

funnily kelvin talbot uses the same recipe sometimes !

https://youtu.be/f09mpBqnxPY
he knows his target audience. He post them in the Facebook group, but is mostly ignored there.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

he knows his target audience. He post them in the Facebook group, but is mostly ignored there.
which FB group did he went to ?
i entered the big 12k members "rc adventures" FB group and tried to post things there ! i got zero feedback !! so i quit this group and stayed in smaller brand specific group where i met nice people !
Old 06-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Tech Lord

which FB group did he went to ?
i entered the big 12k members "rc adventures" FB group and tried to post things there ! i got zero feedback !! so i quit this group and stayed in smaller brand specific group where i met nice people !
XMaxx owners. The private group. Donít think Iíve seen anything recently, but he used to.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

XMaxx owners. The private group. Donít think Iíve seen anything recently, but he used to.
oh ok. i think the xmaxx trend will fade away until the next new stuff !
Old 06-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Tech Lord

oh ok. i think the xmaxx trend will fade away until the next new stuff !
The XMaxx has established its place. Its not perfect, itís flaws are known. But it fills the gap as bigger then 1/8 but not 1/5. Despite it size it works in smaller areas.
What we need going forward is 10-12s systems. Not the crazy expensive stuff. But reasonably priced and reliable.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

The XMaxx has established its place. Its not perfect, it’s flaws are known. But it fills the gap as bigger then 1/8 but not 1/5. Despite it size it works in smaller areas.
What we need going forward is 10-12s systems. Not the crazy expensive stuff. But reasonably priced and reliable.
the xmaxx will be copied for sure ! but the CEN colossus was there before ! but only traxxas can market their RCs so widely !

anyway, i would like a big truck too ! i ordered a CEN because it seems well made, but i'm not a fan of the big rims and thin tires ! so the 1/7 truck i would like to see should have smaller rims ! i'm not a fan of dual diameter rims too !
Old 06-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Tech Lord

the xmaxx will be copied for sure ! but the CEN colossus was there before ! but only traxxas can market their RCs so widely !

anyway, i would like a big truck too ! i ordered a CEN because it seems well made, but i'm not a fan of the big rims and thin tires ! so the 1/7 truck i would like to see should have smaller rims ! i'm not a fan of dual diameter rims too !
I had interest in the the Cen for awhile. But had never seen anything from them in person. I watched a few video from RCsparks back when it was released. Was suprised when my local store got one.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

I had interest in the the Cen for awhile. But had never seen anything from them in person. I watched a few video from RCsparks back when it was released. Was suprised when my local store got one.
yeah i saw this vid. i like to buy RC's and try to get the best of them ! the CEN will need some mods for sure, like lower saddle pack lipos , flexible body posts, maybe some other tires. but not much actually !

i was tempted to try the xmaxx but there is too much plastic and it doesn't remind me of a serious RC cars ( with aluminium chassis and steel parts ) : the xmaxx just makes me think of a toy...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.