Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
do you guys watch this kind of rc videos ? >

do you guys watch this kind of rc videos ?

Like Tree4Likes

do you guys watch this kind of rc videos ?

Old 06-02-2018, 11:43 PM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
werner sline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,987
Default do you guys watch this kind of rc videos ?

with " the most epic rc channel " , " huge jump " and a " giant slash " ?




what do you think of those type of videos ?
werner sline is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 08:30 AM
  #2  
Tech Initiate
 
dud's's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DrŰme - France
Posts: 28
Default

"what do you think of those type of videos ? " not for me
dud's is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 09:37 AM
  #3  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
slackinoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 332
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Those thumbnails are carefully sculpted to catch the interest of a child. Any time you see a thumbnail with someones face contorted into a ridiculous expression....or multi colored objects......it's made for children.
dud's, Billy Kelly and FunnieKid like this.
slackinoff is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 01:05 PM
  #4  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
werner sline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,987
Default

Originally Posted by slackinoff View Post
Those thumbnails are carefully sculpted to catch the interest of a child. Any time you see a thumbnail with someones face contorted into a ridiculous expression....or multi colored objects......it's made for children.
that's what i thought ! and i tried to watch the video , i tried , but i can't stand teletubbies !!

but honestly, it might be good for RC if so many kids watch those videos, don't you think ?
werner sline is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 02:07 PM
  #5  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 14,091
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
that's what i thought ! and i tried to watch the video , i tried , but i can't stand teletubbies !!

but honestly, it might be good for RC if so many kids watch those videos, don't you think ?
if the world ďepicĒ is in title, I usually avoid the video. Most of these super hyped up RC videos came after the Dude Perfect guys did a bunch with Traxxas. As much as I donít like them, canít deny their power of exposure. Most of the Dude Perfect videos were getting more then 5 million views. Thatís huge exposure for brand and hobby. Even if only 1 in a 1,000 actually buy.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 02:20 PM
  #6  
Tech Elite
 
the rc guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,554
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post


if the world ďepicĒ is in title, I usually avoid the video. Most of these super hyped up RC videos came after the Dude Perfect guys did a bunch with Traxxas. As much as I donít like them, canít deny their power of exposure. Most of the Dude Perfect videos were getting more then 5 million views. Thatís huge exposure for brand and hobby. Even if only 1 in a 1,000 actually buy.
1 in 1000 buys with 4 billion . any retailer would love those sales # ..more like 1 in 100,000 still in the black
the rc guy is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 02:25 PM
  #7  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
werner sline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,987
Default

Originally Posted by slackinoff View Post
Those thumbnails are carefully sculpted to catch the interest of a child. Any time you see a thumbnail with someones face contorted into a ridiculous expression....or multi colored objects......it's made for children.
funnily kelvin talbot uses the same recipe sometimes !

werner sline is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 02:39 PM
  #8  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 14,091
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
funnily kelvin talbot uses the same recipe sometimes !

https://youtu.be/f09mpBqnxPY
he knows his target audience. He post them in the Facebook group, but is mostly ignored there.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 03:04 PM
  #9  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
werner sline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,987
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post


he knows his target audience. He post them in the Facebook group, but is mostly ignored there.
which FB group did he went to ?
i entered the big 12k members "rc adventures" FB group and tried to post things there ! i got zero feedback !! so i quit this group and stayed in smaller brand specific group where i met nice people !
werner sline is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 03:16 PM
  #10  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 14,091
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
which FB group did he went to ?
i entered the big 12k members "rc adventures" FB group and tried to post things there ! i got zero feedback !! so i quit this group and stayed in smaller brand specific group where i met nice people !
XMaxx owners. The private group. Donít think Iíve seen anything recently, but he used to.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 03:51 PM
  #11  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
werner sline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,987
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post


XMaxx owners. The private group. Donít think Iíve seen anything recently, but he used to.
oh ok. i think the xmaxx trend will fade away until the next new stuff !
werner sline is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 04:00 PM
  #12  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 14,091
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
oh ok. i think the xmaxx trend will fade away until the next new stuff !
The XMaxx has established its place. Its not perfect, itís flaws are known. But it fills the gap as bigger then 1/8 but not 1/5. Despite it size it works in smaller areas.
What we need going forward is 10-12s systems. Not the crazy expensive stuff. But reasonably priced and reliable.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 04:07 PM
  #13  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
werner sline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,987
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post


The XMaxx has established its place. Its not perfect, it’s flaws are known. But it fills the gap as bigger then 1/8 but not 1/5. Despite it size it works in smaller areas.
What we need going forward is 10-12s systems. Not the crazy expensive stuff. But reasonably priced and reliable.
the xmaxx will be copied for sure ! but the CEN colossus was there before ! but only traxxas can market their RCs so widely !

anyway, i would like a big truck too ! i ordered a CEN because it seems well made, but i'm not a fan of the big rims and thin tires ! so the 1/7 truck i would like to see should have smaller rims ! i'm not a fan of dual diameter rims too !
werner sline is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 04:18 PM
  #14  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 14,091
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
the xmaxx will be copied for sure ! but the CEN colossus was there before ! but only traxxas can market their RCs so widely !

anyway, i would like a big truck too ! i ordered a CEN because it seems well made, but i'm not a fan of the big rims and thin tires ! so the 1/7 truck i would like to see should have smaller rims ! i'm not a fan of dual diameter rims too !
I had interest in the the Cen for awhile. But had never seen anything from them in person. I watched a few video from RCsparks back when it was released. Was suprised when my local store got one.

Billy Kelly is offline  
Old 06-03-2018, 06:55 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
 
werner sline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,987
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
I had interest in the the Cen for awhile. But had never seen anything from them in person. I watched a few video from RCsparks back when it was released. Was suprised when my local store got one.
yeah i saw this vid. i like to buy RC's and try to get the best of them ! the CEN will need some mods for sure, like lower saddle pack lipos , flexible body posts, maybe some other tires. but not much actually !

i was tempted to try the xmaxx but there is too much plastic and it doesn't remind me of a serious RC cars ( with aluminium chassis and steel parts ) : the xmaxx just makes me think of a toy...
werner sline is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.