Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
what type of 1/8 monster truck do most people buy and want to buy ? >

what type of 1/8 monster truck do most people buy and want to buy ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

what type of 1/8 monster truck do most people buy and want to buy ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Is it definitive that you can - relatively easily - put a nitro engine in the gas LST?
Old 06-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by billyg900
Plus I think they priced it too High at first but now they lowered it to same price range as the others.
and maybe the blue shiny wheels didn't help !!!
xirton likes this.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Is it definitive that you can - relatively easily - put a nitro engine in the gas LST?
Absolutely. Here’s a link to a video of one with a TNS Novarossi Legend 28-8. The Dynamite .31 has the same footprint at any big block engine.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Independent suspension monsters are great fun and the Savage has been my favorite of the bunch. I like the mean looks, chassis design, aftermarket availability, and the name! The nitro Savage X with the F4.6 and the Savage Flux HP are my picks for nitro and elec 1/8 monster.

Would have been nice if HPI could have stayed on top of things better like real 17mm hex's, center diff/trans options, and stuck by their factory aluminum and upgraded hop up parts but a lot of those things are harder to find these days and probably won't ever recover. Prices are too steep on most anything Savage for me to be interested anymore, sadly. I have my X and it just sits there except for a couple times a year I'll fire it up to do some wheelies.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

the absolute best monster truck and the flux savage, both as fun in driving and as robustness
Old 06-06-2018, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrgrimm
Independent suspension monsters are great fun and the Savage has been my favorite of the bunch. I like the mean looks, chassis design, aftermarket availability, and the name! The nitro Savage X with the F4.6 and the Savage Flux HP are my picks for nitro and elec 1/8 monster.

Would have been nice if HPI could have stayed on top of things better like real 17mm hex's, center diff/trans options, and stuck by their factory aluminum and upgraded hop up parts but a lot of those things are harder to find these days and probably won't ever recover. Prices are too steep on most anything Savage for me to be interested anymore, sadly. I have my X and it just sits there except for a couple times a year I'll fire it up to do some wheelies.
the savage is in my opinion the godfather of bashing monster trucks ! in my opinion, the first to do a standing backflip in a promo video ! HPI did really well , and i was searching for a new savage but couldn't find one...
Old 06-06-2018, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by marco70
the absolute best monster truck and the flux savage, both as fun in driving and as robustness
funnily i had this used savage that really disapointed me because of the crappy shocks that all bend within minutes ! and i making it come back with better shocks and a flat buggy chassis. i have great expectation for this platforms !

it has the oversized dogbones, but only regular diff crowns, no 1.5 mod teeth
Old 06-07-2018, 01:41 AM
Tech Adept

on losi lst I had to replace all four plastic shock absorbers lost oil on all sides and three stems were bent I have to frequently check the game of bevel gear the plastics are very soft they suffer from the heat

losi lst is a work of art but it is neither meat nor fish, it is an off-road oriented vehicle, much more powerful than a monster truck, but less than a truggy the flux savage in tight spaces is phenomenal, it's much more fun to drive, it absorbs the shocks better than the losi lst, bringing less damag

ps: no means is indestructible and everyone needs maintenance

Last edited by marco70; 06-07-2018 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LST2 comes with aluminum shock bodies and aluminum diff cases. Add the 8T HD diff cups and it’s bullet proof.

The LST1 and Aftershock were a bit weaker with the smaller axles, plastic wheel hexes, thinner suspension arms, and plastic diff cases. Little different animal to the LST2 or XXL series trucks.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

I have the losi lst xxl, used the plastic shock absorbers lost oil both from the top cap and from the bottom three stems were bent I had to replace them with those in aluminum HD the small, long-excursion nylon shock absorbers of the flux savage are still fine

I have never sold losi lst xxl because engineering is a work of art but more suitable for off-road driving the savage is less balanced but uses it for everything in tight spaces is phenomenal, fun is assured, if assembled correctly it turns into a tank
Old 06-07-2018, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

The all time greatest monster truck ever created is the XTM Mammoth.

Of course that is totally subjective and is completely my opinion, but that truck is what really got me into 4x4 1/8 MT's as it was BIG and took serious abuse. I still have mine, and now another that I run on the occasion. I've played with most of the 1/8 nitro MT's and none of them were really as exciting to play with as the Mammoth was. Electric trucks are great but the lack of sound, smell, tuning headache, they're just not interesting to me. If someone came along and made a big 1/8 nitro MT with a big block engine, 2 speed trans, and huge everything then I would probably buy it.

Currently the 'toughest' truck I have is a Revo, aside from the Mammoth, but it's not nearly as fun as the Mammoth is- again, totally my opinion.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Herrsavage

I'm currently looking for a couple of cheap 18th scale offroaders to race in my parking lot though...
I recently bought a 1/16 e revo. Lots of fun and tougher than i thought it'd be.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Xpress..
The all time greatest monster truck ever created is the XTM Mammoth.

Of course that is totally subjective and is completely my opinion, but that truck is what really got me into 4x4 1/8 MT's as it was BIG and took serious abuse. I still have mine, and now another that I run on the occasion. I've played with most of the 1/8 nitro MT's and none of them were really as exciting to play with as the Mammoth was. Electric trucks are great but the lack of sound, smell, tuning headache, they're just not interesting to me. If someone came along and made a big 1/8 nitro MT with a big block engine, 2 speed trans, and huge everything then I would probably buy it.

Currently the 'toughest' truck I have is a Revo, aside from the Mammoth, but it's not nearly as fun as the Mammoth is- again, totally my opinion.
i didn't know this truck, it reminds me of the thunder tiger ek4
what do you think of the savage xl nitro ?
Old 06-08-2018, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by werner sline
i didn't know this truck, it reminds me of the thunder tiger ek4
what do you think of the savage xl nitro ?
It's an old truck, probably 15 years by now.

There were a few Savage's that always came out to play with the Mammoth. It is pretty well known that the TVP chassis design is incredibly durable, but the Mammoth always spanked the Savages in top end speed and durability- didn't seem to matter what engine the Savages had, the Mammoth won out every time. Tumbles with either truck left the Savages with broken or bent parts, the Mammoth kept on rippin. Dunno about the Savage XL, seems pretty big, definitely a big block truck.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by werner sline
stars like rc adventures, aussie rc playground and such ?
Maybe, maybe not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.