Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
what type of 1/8 monster truck do most people buy and want to buy ? >

what type of 1/8 monster truck do most people buy and want to buy ?

Like Tree7Likes

what type of 1/8 monster truck do most people buy and want to buy ?

Old 06-08-2018, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FunnieKid View Post
Maybe, maybe not.
i think some don't indeed get traxxas gifts, but even as a traxxas dealers, you better not say bad things about your supplier !
Old 06-09-2018, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Mt

My vote hands down (prob already stated) tt mt4-g3, ya I know itís texhnically a truggy. Buy dam that still puts a smile on my face and I havenít had her in over 2 yrs!
Old 06-10-2018, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kant1979 View Post
My vote hands down (prob already stated) tt mt4-g3, ya I know itís texhnically a truggy. Buy dam that still puts a smile on my face and I havenít had her in over 2 yrs!
i watch this mt for years and always for it cool !
Old 06-10-2018, 10:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Arrma Outcast is hands down my favorite truck. ARRMA is the best bang for the buck in any RTR on the market right now.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HighLifeMT View Post
Arrma Outcast is hands down my favorite truck. ARRMA is the best bang for the buck in any RTR on the market right now.

https://youtu.be/5w9EY8lyKBc
arrma did indeed a great job with this stunt truck. i hope arrma will come back, they bring good things to the rc market
Old 06-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

All these posts and no mention of the Tekno MT410? It's technically 1/8 in size and is tough as nails. Nothing beats Tekno quality, in my humble opinion.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
The all time greatest monster truck ever created is the XTM Mammoth.

Of course that is totally subjective and is completely my opinion, but that truck is what really got me into 4x4 1/8 MT's as it was BIG and took serious abuse. I still have mine, and now another that I run on the occasion. I've played with most of the 1/8 nitro MT's and none of them were really as exciting to play with as the Mammoth was. Electric trucks are great but the lack of sound, smell, tuning headache, they're just not interesting to me. If someone came along and made a big 1/8 nitro MT with a big block engine, 2 speed trans, and huge everything then I would probably buy it.

Currently the 'toughest' truck I have is a Revo, aside from the Mammoth, but it's not nearly as fun as the Mammoth is- again, totally my opinion.

I raced against a factory guy who raced the mammoth. I forget his name but he drove the heck out of those things
Old 06-14-2018, 12:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rjmakk View Post
I raced against a factory guy who raced the mammoth. I forget his name but he drove the heck out of those things
I really do wish someone would make something similar to it. It drove great, was super durable, had gobs of power, and the orange and blue colors looked rad. Again, just my $0.02.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
All these posts and no mention of the Tekno MT410? It's technically 1/8 in size and is tough as nails. Nothing beats Tekno quality, in my humble opinion.
yeah indeed, it's like an outcast after all !
TIME MACHINE likes this.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rjmakk View Post
Are you referring to RacerNine? I remember when I started in RC with an XTM XT2 buggy he would drive the Mammoth at Revelation Raceway in Montclair CA and Thunder Alley in Beaumont CA.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Still have no complaints with my Kraton! Arms, bearings, diff fluid is about it.
FunnieKid likes this.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HyperJC View Post
Are you referring to RacerNine? I remember when I started in RC with an XTM XT2 buggy he would drive the Mammoth at Revelation Raceway in Montclair CA and Thunder Alley in Beaumont CA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCacwitKQhc
That's sick! The guy I'm thinking of was back east at RCMadness in Connecticut.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kant1979 View Post
Still have no complaints with my Kraton! Arms, bearings, diff fluid is about it.
the kraton may be the best versatile truck people actually wanted : it's wide, has a low COG, big tires that are not too heavy, the wheelbase long enough makes it stable : so i think it's globaly easy to drive and jump

isn't that what most people want ?
Old 07-12-2018, 12:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by HyperJC View Post
Are you referring to RacerNine? I remember when I started in RC with an XTM XT2 buggy he would drive the Mammoth at Revelation Raceway in Montclair CA and Thunder Alley in Beaumont CA.
Man, those were the days... I love seeing these old videos. Iíd kill to go back to those day. It seemed like all the cars and trucks had a lot more ďcool factorĒ to them. Each truck was unique for the most part with realistic bodies that didnít have real bizarre paint schemes and crazy shapes. Now everything is basically the same design. A buggy or truggy sold as 3 different vehicles because it has a different body and tires. As for favorite MT, mineís definitely the t-maxx. Itís what i started with back in like 2002, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. Now iím considering finding an old LST. I remember wanting one bad when i was a teen. But money was tight. My main everyday runner now days is my E-maxx. So the maxx series trucks are definitely my top favorites.
xirton likes this.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Fun thread idea! I would say the best selling RC monster truck of all time would be the T-Maxx, without a doubt. The E-Maxx is probably next in line for sales, especially now that electric has taken over in popularity. Back in the nitro MT heyday, I had almost every one of them: LST, T-Maxx, Revo, MGT, GST, Savage. My favorite was easily the LST lineup.

Nowadays it seems large-tired truggys are outselling MT style platforms. Outcast, Kraton, MT410, Pro MT 4x4, MT4G3, etc are all much easier to work on and handle better than trucks like the E Revo, LST 3XLe, Colossus/Reeper, Savage Flux, etc.

I like both styles of MTs for different reasons. I also really dig solid axle MTs. So I guess you could say I like all three types: solid axle, high COG (TVP, or multi-level chassis), and flat pan truggy-style. They each have their own unique driving characteristics, IMO.

I think right now, the Arrma Kraton is my pick for all around fun basher truck. Is it really an MT? - Well, close enough for me. One thing's for sure: They are fast, tough, and a blast to drive no matter what RC category they fall into. That's my $.02

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service