Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

the CEN racing reeper / colossus XT / american force 1/7 monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jasonb777
Werner this Cen is a beast! I am really enjoying it for sure; I was curious about a couple of things that you probably know better than any other's; what weight shock oil do you recommend to run in the Cen? And even though it doesn't appear to need shimming; what and where are the proper shims for the diffs, that is if you recommend that I get them? You have been a big help thus far; thanks!
thanks man, you're welcome !

i'm sorry i didn't buy the stock shocks ! i heard too many problems of oil leaking so i asked the saler to remove them ( i also didn't take the stock body post ! )

but in general, i run a quiet thick oil because of the high jumps i like to do. the shocks got to feel more " viscous " than springy ! if you know what i mean !

You could ask on the FB page of cen ? did you go there ?
Old 10-25-2018, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

I don't have Facebook; and you have now told me about 5 times that you don't have the stock shocks...I am an idiot, or maybe just getting old! I will try to ask using my wife's Facebook account; thanks!
Old 10-25-2018, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

I don't have Facebook; and you have now told me about 5 times that you don't have the stock shocks...I am an idiot, or maybe just getting old! I will try to ask using my wife's Facebook account; thanks!

lmao ! don't worry man, i forgot a lot of stuff too ! i bet our wife could fill a looong list of forgotten things !!

I don't have a FB at my name, i'm not a FB queen !! i have a FB only for RC, " werner sline " , and i'm in too much groups making too much notifications.. but there some really cool things too see !
Old 11-06-2018, 01:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking CEN CARNAGE!!!

So I have had the CEN Colossus for a few weeks now, and let me tell you; it is a beast! It handled alot of torture and alot of jumping without any breakages; but I must confess, I did break the little pin that is on the end of the universal swing shaft that fits in the diff cup; I ordered the new shafts from dollarhobbyz.com and they were half the price of Amainhobbies! Just goes to show you how much mark up there is in parts. The Cen broke because of my abuse though, not because it could not handle standard abuse; I was jumping it up to 10 ft in the air and never landing on the wheels; I couldn't figure out why, that no matter how hard I gave it gas, that the front end always wanted to dip in after the jump; then it became obvious that the big 5000mah 6S lipo is causing a major weight unbalancing effect in the front end! So now I need to come up with some saddlebags to hold 2 3S lipos on either side to balance the beast out (which Werner Sline recommended); I am thinking of going with the HPI SAVAGE XL saddle bags, and then bolting them to the side plate chassis for security; if anybody has a better idea, please let me know; I also bought the Arrma Notorious last week and it is alot of fun too; but nothing beats good old classic monster truck bashing in my opinion, so I really enjoy the CEN much better; does it even get any better? Who knows...
Old 11-06-2018, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

good to hear that you have some great fun with this huge RC !

the pin breaking happen. you can also replace the pin only ( which i never tried to do ! )

for more power ( like 8s ) and more durability, you can even go for nemesis diffs and nemesis CVD : those have a huge dogbone diameter and seem unbreakable !

saddle packs will definitely make the truck more stable and in my opinion, more fun to drive !

any picture of your rig and how it looks right now ?
Old 11-06-2018, 05:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey man; thanks for responding; I might consider going 8S, but can the truck really handle all that power with Nemesis setup and the rest running stock? I suppose the motor and ESC would have to be upgraded as well? Sorry, the CEN is at work; me and my family run a car audio business, and I am the installer, so any chance I get when I am not working, I will break out a quadcopter or rc truck and burn some lipo's; nothing really to see anyways, just a stock Colossus with a high end water proof servo that has tons of torque for my needs. I will check out that Nemesis setup; do you have any recommendations on the saddle bags?
Old 11-06-2018, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Hey man; thanks for responding; I might consider going 8S, but can the truck really handle all that power with Nemesis setup and the rest running stock? I suppose the motor and ESC would have to be upgraded as well? Sorry, the CEN is at work; me and my family run a car audio business, and I am the installer, so any chance I get when I am not working, I will break out a quadcopter or rc truck and burn some lipo's; nothing really to see anyways, just a stock Colossus with a high end water proof servo that has tons of torque for my needs. I will check out that Nemesis setup; do you have any recommendations on the saddle bags?
8s is insane power of course. check out jason's 8s reepr :

some the stock motor on 8s, it seems to be a leopard hobby that accepts 8s
the stock esc won't handle 8s, you will have to go for a max6 hobbywing esc
and that 's exactly what i am planning to do ! 8s on my truggy project

you work into caraudio ! that's really cool man ! carhifi is another hobby i have ! sound quality for my pleasure ; this quest of the best sound drives me crazy since 20 years ! i m' using 8 speakers, all front mounted, time corrected thanks to the pioneer p90+q90 processor...
i want to try new position for my mediums but RCs are first now !
Old 11-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Man 8S sure is a whole lotta powah!!! I might consider that road after a little while, but for now, I need to save some cash. It's cool to hear that you are into Car audio, and it definitely sounds like you understand the purpose of stage presence with all those front speakers; man I have an issue I was hoping you could help me on; I went out to bash around my business parking lot today, and I am now noticing a weird grinding, or cracking noise from the rear end; I think the diffs need shimming? I dunno? But I would like to order some shims but I cannot find the proper size online for the planetary gears; do you know what they are? I tried figuring out how to reach out to cenracing on facebook, but I haven't learned how to navigate there yet; I still haven't started a page there.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Man 8S sure is a whole lotta powah!!! I might consider that road after a little while, but for now, I need to save some cash. It's cool to hear that you are into Car audio, and it definitely sounds like you understand the purpose of stage presence with all those front speakers; man I have an issue I was hoping you could help me on; I went out to bash around my business parking lot today, and I am now noticing a weird grinding, or cracking noise from the rear end; I think the diffs need shimming? I dunno? But I would like to order some shims but I cannot find the proper size online for the planetary gears; do you know what they are? I tried figuring out how to reach out to cenracing on facebook, but I haven't learned how to navigate there yet; I still haven't started a page there.
yeah, a nice staging + a nice natural sound with nothing that hurt my ears is the whole problem ! but i found it actually interesting that it is a never ending quest !

regarding the grinding sound : i don't know man : i had no problem with the diffs despite all the bad bashing ! a FB account ( could be named after your compagny and have no picture of you ) is really worth it ! you could have contact with FAT KID RC : steven is a good guy
and i bought many CEN parts + 1 CEN reeper + the arrma with him ; always a nice quick reply with FB messenger

i would first try to locate the grinding sound : is it a wheel ? it is the diff ? is it the center transmission ? is it a planetary ? ...
Old 08-07-2019, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Hello all

I have two Cen 7.7 Nitro Truck i did buy about 10years ago.
One of them i have only Run 4-5 times
This Car looks still Like new

I dont drive Nitro Cars anymore.
Here where i Live they not sell Nitro at all anywhere.
Need take my 1/1 car and drive 2hours away atleast.
No Internet Shop ship this either anymore here.
And all that fine tuning and things. I dont like this at all anymore after Brushless systems got better and better.

So now i like to BL convert atleast one of my CEN 7.7
There is a kit with Gear Cover also .

Do i need other Options?
Maybe Change the wheels ?
I found new place today. Big Area without People.
Only 5minutes with car from my House.
The place is wonderfull. Only problem is the Terrain is pretty Rough.
Slash 4x4 is way to little car to this new place i found.
I need Huge RC Car that is extreme Durable to this place.
I really want drive there sometimes.
I need huge Monster Truck that is Brushless now Also.

I believe CEN 7.7 Can make this
If i Convert this.

Is there any known Needed Options you Must Have to this old nitro car after you Convert this ? If you like Bash Rough in Rough Places.
What Options do you think i need buy ?

Also is there any good Combo you like to Recommend?
I will drive this 6s
Mostly 4s i Believe,. the terrain is very Rough where i like to drive this Car in future.
I dont need drive fast at all. It is not Possible either i think in this Place im thinking of now.
There is alot Rocks also in Tennis Ball size here and there.. This is the only sad thing. Anyway it is for me close there, and i like it there alot, it is very nice area that no one cares about. You can be very private and alone there also. I need this sometimes actually.

I need good strong combo. i believe 40-42 size atleast. about 1700-1900kv max. 5mm driveshaft at least

Can i also fit 1/5 Scale Combo there? Like 900-1100kv ? 8mm drive Shaft in motor,
Problem is then i need atleast 8-12s if i go 1/5 size electronics , this maybe dont fit also ?
I prefer use only 6s. Because i got alot 3s packs.

I was thinking buy CENs original BL Convert kit with that Gear cover also.
If you guys dont know better? I like have Gear/Pinion Cover also.
This is the Main reason i like to BL Convert my CEN 7.7, make it like Colossus.

Hobao 1/7 MT2 did not have any Gear/Pinion cover Sadly.

Sometimes i will also drive in my Regular Bash Area, and here is alot strange tiny 1mm extreme hard stones that makes alot Problem when they come in to Pinion/Gears , if you dont have Fully Gear/Pinion Protection Cover you cant drive here Sadly.
These tiny stones is extreme hard, i dont know why.
You need Full Covered Gear System here. This is the only way here. No matter if you have Hardened gears. The Car will Break somewhere or stop running before remove this tiny extreme hard strange stones

This is Nice place Bash hard at also if you have Gears Covered

1-What Combo you believe is best for me ? ROUGH TERRAIN
2-What BL Convert kit is best , that also contains Gear/Pinion Cover (full covered is a must for me)
3-What Options do i need Badly you think to this old Car? The Surface is Super Rough. Only a big MT can make this. With options i Believe.
4-Will the Chrome 23mm wheels last in Rough Terrain? Maybe they will crack? What Wheels handle rought terrain and fits this car? Is there also Better tyres to these wheels? The stock wheels got pretty low profile. I believe i would like more tyre because the extreme bumby terrain in the new place i found today.

Thank you for helping

Sorry my English. Im Scandinavian
4s packs and bigger i really have nothing there almost
Old 08-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

hi man ! your english is great, no problem !

seems like you want to do RC in a extrem area ! everything is possible in RC, it's just a question of money !!

converting you older CEN to a reeper is a good start. Maybe it is cheaper to buy a reeper ! try to compair !

you're right, the CEN has a closed transmission, that's a good point

You can find more answer in the facebook group about the CEN : https://www.facebook.com/groups/colossusrc/
you can find me on FB : " werner sline "
Old 08-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Werner

Thank you for all info.

I dont have Facebook

I will try make one next week

These Cars are so Big. They are very nice drive as Nitros 7.7cc. I Believe they are even better Brushless if you have right Combo ?

They Look awsome, also jumps nice , and they are durable. Never broke anything on my both Cen 7.7
One i have run like 10liter Nitro. Almost 3 gallons in US
Other of them only couple times like nothing almost.

I will try make one cheap convert first car to see.
100us convert kit
cheap china 250a flier esc , big 4 pole 42 size leopard 1900kv drive it 4 or 6 s

i can make this for like 300us max i have count now.

What do you think of my ideas guys ?

Use old stuff, make them good again is better than throw it or sell dirt cheap, and buy new , and pay more also
Im not millionaire either
Old 08-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

i never ran nitro but i know for sure that brushless has an instant torque !

create yourself a facebook account, there is a lot more going on on facebook now than on forums

about the motor : CEN seels the RTR reeper with a 1450kv motor for 6s. the ESC is a hobbywing quickrun. I would try to find a similar KV !
i run the leopard hobby 1480 motor 40x92mm can
you should search for that motor or similar

i like the idea too of making an old RC live a new life ! at least you know teach details of this truck !
Old 08-10-2019, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by werner sline
8s is insane power of course. check out jason's 8s reepr :

some the stock motor on 8s, it seems to be a leopard hobby that accepts 8s
the stock esc won't handle 8s, you will have to go for a max6 hobbywing esc
and that 's exactly what i am planning to do ! 8s on my truggy project

you work into caraudio ! that's really cool man ! carhifi is another hobby i have ! sound quality for my pleasure ; this quest of the best sound drives me crazy since 20 years ! i m' using 8 speakers, all front mounted, time corrected thanks to the pioneer p90+q90 processor...
i want to try new position for my mediums but RCs are first now !
Werner thank you again.

Now i got little more bandbreath so i did look at your video now first time.
This Cen you drive there on that Sand place.,
THAT CAR IS SICK.
MEGA STRONG
GREAT GODDAMN RC CAR.

i want this also.
Please i need help .

WOW
i want same set up if that you drive runs cool also ?

WOW again
LOVE.
wheeliebar needed.

Tyres?
combo?=
i need know all about your car if you dont mind

FIRST TIME I DOUBLE LOVE RC CAR after many years.

WOW

that beast i need
Old 08-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HardBash
Werner thank you again.

Now i got little more bandbreath so i did look at your video now first time.
This Cen you drive there on that Sand place.,
THAT CAR IS SICK.
MEGA STRONG
GREAT GODDAMN RC CAR.

i want this also.
Please i need help .

WOW
i want same set up if that you drive runs cool also ?

WOW again
LOVE.
wheeliebar needed.

Tyres?
combo?=
i need know all about your car if you dont mind

FIRST TIME I DOUBLE LOVE RC CAR after many years.

WOW

that beast i need
he CEN running on sand with paddle tires is not mine ! it belongs to jason decheney ! you will find him on FB only
i don't know his setup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.