the CEN racing reeper / colossus XT / american force 1/7 monster truck >

the CEN racing reeper / colossus XT / american force 1/7 monster truck

Like Tree7Likes

the CEN racing reeper / colossus XT / american force 1/7 monster truck

Old 04-28-2020, 05:00 AM
Tech Rookie

I can't post pictures yet.
Do you know why ?
I had a look in the forum rules but didn't find something mentionning how to get the access to post link to URL to post pictures....
Old 04-28-2020, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tirem74 View Post
I can't post pictures yet.
Do you know why ?
I had a look in the forum rules but didn't find something mentionning how to get the access to post link to URL to post pictures....
you need to make more posts. tells us about you !
Old 04-30-2020, 12:14 AM
Tech Rookie

I started RC car with my father, he was racing 1/8 nitro buggies in the 2000's in regionnal and nationnal races.
Then i had my first monster truck, a Traxxas Stampede and it was a love story with it.
After, i went to a Summit, like 6 or 7 years ago and put a brushless motor on it.
I still have it, it's running great it's a really good machine, realiable and going everywhere.
I also have a MTA4 with a .32 LRP motor. I like it just for the mechanical side of nitro motor.
The CEN Genesis was a friend's monster i gave me, i didn't know what to do with it at first but now it's my main project and i'm really impatient to see it finished

What about you ?
Old 05-03-2020, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

I started RC car with my father, he was racing 1/8 nitro buggies in the 2000's in regionnal and nationnal races.
Then i had my first monster truck, a Traxxas Stampede and it was a love story with it.
After, i went to a Summit, like 6 or 7 years ago and put a brushless motor on it.
I still have it, it's running great it's a really good machine, realiable and going everywhere.
I also have a MTA4 with a .32 LRP motor. I like it just for the mechanical side of nitro motor.
The CEN Genesis was a friend's monster i gave me, i didn't know what to do with it at first but now it's my main project and i'm really impatient to see it finished

What about you ?
wow that's cool ! all i saw my father do is working lol !
the CEN is not a perfect machine bit it can be fun ! yours has aluminium diff cover, right ?
will you drive on 4s ? what tires does it have ?

i'm 42 and love ice cream !
Old 05-03-2020, 03:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Mine have aluminium diff cups.
I'll use Xmaxx tires and 6s lipo withe my 1250kv motor for the moment.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Mine have aluminium diff cups.
I'll use Xmaxx tires and 6s lipo withe my 1250kv motor for the moment.
do you have the special hex hubs needed to put xmaxx rims on a cen ?
Old 05-04-2020, 12:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes, i bought some adapters to get the 24mm hub. It also widen the truck for 48mm, which is good
Yesteray, i broke the central differential. One of the screw keeping the cup cap closed went away and completely damaged the cup itself.
I took the original nitro tranny and inside i found all i needed : a new cup and also a spool to delete the central diff (i don't like running a central diff).
I'll put back everything in place and i hope to be able to post some pictures now !

Old 05-05-2020, 02:22 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, i bought some adapters to get the 24mm hub. It also widen the truck for 48mm, which is good
Yesteray, i broke the central differential. One of the screw keeping the cup cap closed went away and completely damaged the cup itself.
I took the original nitro tranny and inside i found all i needed : a new cup and also a spool to delete the central diff (i don't like running a central diff).
I'll put back everything in place and i hope to be able to post some pictures now !
nice! what hex did you find ?
on the CEN, you have to use blue loctite on all 24 screws holding the 3 diffs closed !
if you delete the center diff, you will break transmission parts for sure.
Put 1M oil in the diff and you got a compromise
Old 05-06-2020, 07:54 AM
Tech Rookie

I took the XRS racing hub.
I'm a bit frustrated by the grip of X-maxx's wheels. I see you use different one, what are they ?
I put the spool in the center diff, we'll see how it handles.... In my Summit there is no central diff and it's fine transmission-wise.
I'm now really looking at an upgrade of the stock shocks, it's a pitty to servie all 8 shock at one time !
Are you satisfyed of your's Werner ?
Old 05-06-2020, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

I took the XRS racing hub.
I'm a bit frustrated by the grip of X-maxx's wheels. I see you use different one, what are they ?
I put the spool in the center diff, we'll see how it handles.... In my Summit there is no central diff and it's fine transmission-wise.
I'm now really looking at an upgrade of the stock shocks, it's a pitty to servie all 8 shock at one time !
Are you satisfyed of your's Werner ?
i use the longer reeper truck. the reeper is not perfect but with a few mods, it's very enjoyable. here my setup+mods :

Old 09-15-2020, 06:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, great to see so much info here...just got myself an american force reeper, was wondering whats the stock diff fluid weight for the front, center and rear..and also how often its required to be changed.. running stock setup... thanks 👍
Old 09-15-2020, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

i don't know the stock setup. i think you posted in the CEN FB group too, didn't you ?
i think oil setup depends on how YOU drive and where YOU drive ! for example, i prefer 100k 1M 60k ( cst silicon oil ).
but i run on grass, i like stunts and i don't use the stock tires

in my opinion, oil setup is not such a big deal, the reeper isn't a race machine ! putting 100k 500k and 50k approx, will fit most job. the american force tires don't grip much anyway !
i think there are other parts more important to modify on the reeper : for example i really don't like the stock lipo tray : it's so high ! i prefer a lower twin saddle lipo tray ! ( i built one myself )
Old 09-16-2020, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

I had a CEN Colossus a few years ago. Overall, it was good, but I couldn't get properly hardened outdrive cups. They were just wearing out after about 5 runs. Then, contact CEN and wait several months for more. For someone like you who doesn't mind building/rebuilding, I guess it's no biggie. For me, X-Maxx was the better call. (even the first one with the ESC that wasn't up to the task)

I DO like the basic styling and the good size. It's unmistakably big, but not overly so. (as X-Maxx is)
werner sline likes this.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

i agree ! the reeper is just a stretched 1/8th actually. and it shows ! the reeper suspension arms are too short !

the xmaxx is just another level ! its suspension travel is huge and i love it !! the xmaxx does need some mods out of the box, but nothing major
Smaug likes this.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks werner sline, for the advice n tips.. ur videos are fantastic 👍👍👍

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.