R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   New to Forum - Have a Question about my newly purchased T-MAXX (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/101483-new-forum-have-question-about-my-newly-purchased-t-maxx.html)

j0ej0eTMAXX 02-11-2006 04:45 PM

New to Forum - Have a Question about my newly purchased T-MAXX

Hello there, I am new to this forum and also pretty new to R/C also. I have a T-MAXX and I love it, but the one thing it does do is it bucks when it is at a rest position. Not when I have it fully braked but after I bring it to a complete stop it bucks pretty bad. I have already broke it in correctly following TRAXXAS's explicit orders, and everything else runs great. So, if someone could help I would appreciate it. I did a search on this problem but did not find anything. Also, if anyone else out there has a T-MAXX or knows a lot about them, could you let a new R/Cer know of any good mods to go with if I want to start tricking out my new truck? I see there are a lot out there, but am hoping to get some opinions on some good ones.

Thanks

HiTempguy 02-11-2006 04:58 PM

Turn the idle down a smidge. It bucks because the clutch is engaging and disengaging.

Edit-
As for mods, the first question your gonna get asked is are you racing, or are you just bashing around? I remember way back when that everybody always complained they were breaking their t-maxxes. Only thing I've ever broken on my big block t-maxx has been the tranny reverse gear, and a couple of cv-axles (fixed by putting wooden dowels inside the shafts). Then again, its rare to see my t-maxx on its lid and I try to keep the super-insano 40 foot jumps to a minumum ;)

mr-e-maxx 02-12-2006 12:31 AM

Well first I would have to agree with HiTempguy on the idle. As for hop-ups if you are going to mostly race I would install a forward only convertion and buy better tires. Second if you are going to mostly bash I would replace the bulkheads with aluminum bulkheads first.

j0ej0eTMAXX 02-12-2006 09:40 AM

I am not sure if I want to race or not because I am new to it, but I was hoping to do some things to make my T-MAXX a little more durable. I will definitely try turning the idle down, how far down are you supposed to turn the idle for optimum use? I did turn it down a bit, because I noticed that my T-MAXX was not switching from forward to reverse and back for me and I read somewhere that this is a sign of the idle being too high.

j0ej0eTMAXX 02-12-2006 10:00 AM

:) I have another question as well. How do you know which engines fit in a certain RC truck? I have seen so many people on here that have been modding their trucks and cars with different engines, but I am not sure which ones would work like in my truck for example. I have a T-MAXX obviously and I know that it comes with the TRAXXAS 2.5 engine, but I see someone in another post telling me that one of the best engines for the T-MAXX is the OS .18 engine, so I am confused, if anyone could shed some light I would appreciate it.
Thanks

crash21 02-12-2006 06:40 PM

The 18 is a good fast motor, but you wont be able to put that power on the ground if you dont change tires. The stock chevron tires on the T-maxx, really suck. They are a little heavy and way to hard. The first thing I did to mine was change tires. Put some Bowties or some Crimefighter tires on it first. It will handle alot better. Also If you are new to the hobby I would keep the 2.5 in it for a while to get a feel of it.

Masher1 03-03-2006 06:35 PM

smarten up your maxx fast

Out of every thing i have done to my maxx the integy MSR4 shocks and pro line maxx masher tires were the most helpful. i run an Mach .25 BB and i love it but you will have to beef up you powertrain if you want to go BB. I have all of robinson racing drive parts in my truck. spur,top shaft,forward and rev,double disk slipper clutch,bell,brake disk,beefer out-drives and some cv shafts

but start with shocks first, it will save you some time

ProudSavageOwnr 03-04-2006 01:58 AM

go with a Big Block conversion kit and install a thunder tiger .21 PROBX-R but i dont think the drivetrain will like this engine itll prolly poop itself on idle LOL