Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Am I leaving anything out or any substitutions/recommendations... >

Am I leaving anything out or any substitutions/recommendations...

Am I leaving anything out or any substitutions/recommendations...

Old 02-09-2006, 01:11 PM
MCF
Tech Initiate

Default Am I leaving anything out or any substitutions/recommendations...

OK, if I go with the LST2, let me know if the following accessories is all I need:

1. Fuel
2. 7.2 V 800mA Nicd Charger
3. Dynamite Dyno-fun 3000 mAh 6 cell Nimh Stick Pack (is this for the servos in the car)?
4. Dynomite Dyno-sport 1500 6C flat battery pack (what is this for)
5. 500 cc fuel bottle

Have I left anything out (tire glue, etc.) and what about a 'fail safe'? Any additions, substitutions to the above list? all the above comes to about $780 on-line....
Old 02-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by MCF
OK, if I go with the LST2, let me know if the following accessories is all I need:

1. Fuel
2. 7.2 V 800mA Nicd Charger
3. Dynamite Dyno-fun 3000 mAh 6 cell Nimh Stick Pack (is this for the servos in the car)?
4. Dynomite Dyno-sport 1500 6C flat battery pack (what is this for)
5. 500 cc fuel bottle

Have I left anything out (tire glue, etc.) and what about a 'fail safe'? Any additions, substitutions to the above list? all the above comes to about $780 on-line....
you will need the following

7.2V STICK PACK(this is for the starting wand,you will also need a way to charge this battery)
FUEL
FUEL BOTTLE
GLOW IGNITER(they make these rechargeable or with like d size battery's)

the LST2 comes with a rechargeable flat pack for the servos and a wall charger to re charge it.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

number 3 is for the roto start thing, to start the truck, and number 4 is your receiver pack,

you also need 8 AA size batterys for the transmitter, and i dont know if the kit comesw with one or not, but if not you need a glow ignitor, and it probally owuldn't hurt to get a couple extra glow plugs as well, MC59 is probally a good choice, its what i use in everything,
Old 02-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

oh and battery's for the remote it takes 8 AA's

have fun you will love this truck
Old 02-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bobf24
number 3 is for the roto start thing, to start the truck, and number 4 is your receiver pack,

you also need 8 AA size batterys for the transmitter, and i dont know if the kit comesw with one or not, but if not you need a glow ignitor, and it probally owuldn't hurt to get a couple extra glow plugs as well, MC59 is probally a good choice, its what i use in everything,
JINX!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!

we posted at the same time hmmm i guess great minds do think alike
Old 02-09-2006, 02:13 PM
MCF
Tech Initiate

Default What about a fail safe?

any recommendations on a good fail safe? And what about tire glue...I believe the LST2 tires are not glued.....
Old 02-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MCF
any recommendations on a good fail safe? And what about tire glue...I believe the LST2 tires are not glued.....
before i got spektrum i used the dynamite micro failsafe never had any issues with it.

any tire glue will work and tires are glued from the factory.

one thing i didnt mention was loc-tite AE sells it in a little bottle pick up some of that and pull every screw that is metal to metal and loc-tite it.

this goes for which ever truck you get also,rtr's are notorious for losing screws
Old 02-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's wierd, my LST2 came with a C size glow igniter, but did not come with a wall charger for the receiver pack...

Maybe they sell a different package to oz, wouldn't surprise me...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ImSkitzoAndSoAmI
That's wierd, my LST2 came with a C size glow igniter, but did not come with a wall charger for the receiver pack...

Maybe they sell a different package to oz, wouldn't surprise me...
really???

hmmmm i will check with my buddy tonight he is the manager at the LHS here and i will see for sure what comes in it

that makes no sense why would they give you the batt. with no way to charge it?
Old 02-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah I know it's a bit silly, but that's how mine came. Lucky for me I already had everything, so all I needed was fuel and a failsafe (which I must get around to installing one of these days ).

The C size glow igniter is useless anyway, I have had quality batteries go flat one day (~24 hrs)! Lucky for me I have a rechargable one, which I have now got back off my cousin.

Also the rechargable flat pack it comes with is only 1100mAh
Old 02-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

the biggest recommendation i have to to buy a savage 4.6 SS its like a hundred times better than the LST2 and its got MAJOR aftermarket support but if u wana buy a LST2 go for it

and i dunno if its got roto start or not but u should buy a venom 1200 mAh hump pack for ur reciever and a charger and buy 1 of those like modelengines nitro starter packs even 2 is good

i know i got 2 of those and ive modified my glow charger so it actually has 2 C cells 1100mAh each and that lasts me around 5 or 6 months untill i have to recharge it !!! but i only run my savage say 3 or 4 times a week and all weekend so it takes a pretty good beating

and i aint familiar with the LST2 soi couldnt recommend anything else

and ImSkitSoAndSoAmI does PRAISE THE LOWERED ring any bells?? or REDLINE?? lol
Old 02-09-2006, 11:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
and ImSkitSoAndSoAmI does PRAISE THE LOWERED ring any bells?? or REDLINE?? lol
Nope, what do you mean?
Old 02-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

actually buying the 4.6ss savage would be dumb, since they are coming out with the savage x, which is like a hundred times better than the 4.6, lol,

they are all good trucks, go with what you can get parts for, one thing the LST has a huge advantage over the savage, is the LST is sooooo much easier to work on,

i've also used the micro dynamite failsafe with good luck, they had a bigger one i forget the exact name, but i went through two or three of them, but the micro one never broke on me,
Old 02-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
the biggest recommendation i have to to buy a savage 4.6 SS its like a hundred times better than the LST2 and its got MAJOR aftermarket support but if u wana buy a LST2 go for it

and i dunno if its got roto start or not but u should buy a venom 1200 mAh hump pack for ur reciever and a charger and buy 1 of those like modelengines nitro starter packs even 2 is good

i know i got 2 of those and ive modified my glow charger so it actually has 2 C cells 1100mAh each and that lasts me around 5 or 6 months untill i have to recharge it !!! but i only run my savage say 3 or 4 times a week and all weekend so it takes a pretty good beating

and i aint familiar with the LST2 soi couldnt recommend anything else
my only problem with you is do you base this on personal experience?

have you owned both?

do you really have any idea what you are talking about in regards to BOTH trucks?

im glad you like your savage be proud of what you run but make informed posts about what you are talking about.

BTW- you and a few others are posting all over here about aftermarket support?????
i can get as much stuff for the LST as you can for the savage

Last edited by stevenmichael; 02-10-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I dont remember ever seeing anyone Ive raced with ever having a failsafe...now we all have Spektrums but Im talking pre-Spektrum.

Get lots of spare glowplugs...avoid NiCd batteries...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.