Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Am I Crazy to Want the New Erevo? >

Am I Crazy to Want the New Erevo?

Like Tree122Likes

Am I Crazy to Want the New Erevo?

Old 02-19-2018, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Default Am I Crazy to Want the New Erevo?

I’ve never really been a traxxas guy... hated the small diffs. I had all but decided on picking up the new kraton but now that I’ve been reading up on the new revo I have to admit... it looks pretty sweet! Wondering what your thoughts on comparing the two?
Old 02-19-2018, 05:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

You are not crazy.....buy both 😂
Old 02-19-2018, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shawner85
I’ve never really been a traxxas guy... hated the small diffs. I had all but decided on picking up the new kraton but now that I’ve been reading up on the new revo I have to admit... it looks pretty sweet! Wondering what your thoughts on comparing the two?
imho the cantilever suspension will never be as effective as a classic longer shock
traxxas make so sweet videos, that's what they do best, they even made a double backflip with the revo ( WOW! so much impressiv, lol ! sarcasm inside )
Old 02-19-2018, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You are better off waiting till the market is flooded with them and read what the majority are saying with their new Revo instead of watching propaganda videos by traxxas and the like.

It might be a great truck but I’m waiting till the hype clears
Old 02-19-2018, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Won't buy a 2.0, but I would get at least some of the interchangable parts that would fit my Brushed E-Revo though.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yes.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BJoe
Won't buy a 2.0, but I would get at least some of the interchangable parts that would fit my Brushed E-Revo though.
It’s gonna he interested to see what will work on the older models. I don’t think the important parts will.
Not rushing to buy anything off road at this time.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
It’s gonna he interested to see what will work on the older models. I don’t think the important parts will.
Not rushing to buy anything off road at this time.
I'll probably start simple with just the body and mounts and maybe do the bulks and diffs after that. I'll stick with the EVX2/Titan 775 it has right now since it's been a solid combo and only swap arms, shafts, trans, and servos if necessary. I'm curious on gearing, if the diffs have a different ratio than the Revo ones do, might need to play with pinions and spurs some if there is a big difference.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sickpuppy1
Yes.
+1
Old 02-20-2018, 03:28 AM
Tech Adept

Cant Deny those Diffs
Old 02-20-2018, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by billyg900
Cant Deny those Diffs
Gotta wait and see on that. They could be made out of shit metal
Old 02-20-2018, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

center drive shafts are still made of plastic I think
Old 02-20-2018, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If you buy one before you can look at the exploded views and parts listing then yeah you’re crazy. As I said in the other thread the diffs may not be XMaxx diffs, the quote is “XMaxx size” diffs. That could mean “we made diffs kinda like the XMaxx but cheap enough for the ERevo”. That “Reinforced chassis” could just be those new shock mounts with the reinforcements built in. Don’t believe the marketing wank. In fact if you go on Traxxas.com they changed some of the marketing compared to what they were saying at the toy show where all the media got those “XMaxx size diff” quotes from. Wait until you can see exactly what they’re putting in this thing.

I almost want to buy a 1.0 and 2.0, tear them both apart and make a video of exactly what is in each and what parts interchange. Reveal the truth behind the marketing.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

I’m surprised traxxas didn’t put lst diffs in the Revo put a patent on it and then sue losi for it!

I mean the center diff style transmission looks just like the 3xle.??
wesleyroy likes this.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Overdriven
If you buy one before you can look at the exploded views and parts listing then yeah you’re crazy. As I said in the other thread the diffs may not be XMaxx diffs, the quote is “XMaxx size” diffs. That could mean “we made diffs kinda like the XMaxx but cheap enough for the ERevo”. That “Reinforced chassis” could just be those new shock mounts with the reinforcements built in. Don’t believe the marketing wank. In fact if you go on Traxxas.com they changed some of the marketing compared to what they were saying at the toy show where all the media got those “XMaxx size diff” quotes from. Wait until you can see exactly what they’re putting in this thing.

I almost want to buy a 1.0 and 2.0, tear them both apart and make a video of exactly what is in each and what parts interchange. Reveal the truth behind the marketing.
I couldn't agree more with this. I bought the LST-XXL-3E without looking at the diff part numbers/exploded views. The rear exploded during the 2nd run...great. While they did warranty the parts and I have these shimmed correctly now, I still feel like I should have done my due diligence before buying. This is the same internal diff parts as the outgoing LST-XXL-2E FYI, both front and rear.

Losi/Horizon does a good job with putting out the Owners manual's before release so you can get the big picture. Not sure if Traxxas does this, but I don't see it anywhere on the website yet.

I have to say, I am curious. I did already order this from my LHS and I don't mind being the test mule. It's nice to see Traxxas confront the weak points...but that doesn't mean they fixed everything.

It seems Arrma has had some influence on the pricing. $589.00 for a new release seems a little light for Traxxas. I feel like without the offerings from Arrma, this would be more l like a $699 rig.

It also seems like Traxxas has taken the new Erevo off the news and "landing page" of the main website...but the link is still active from my broswner history: https://traxxas.com/products/landing/e-revo/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.