Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree122Likes

Am I Crazy to Want the New Erevo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

The only way traxxas will be a better basher is that parts are cheap and available easily. Material quality itself is cheap and design is also backwards.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Only some time and real world use will tell us how the new erevo stacks up against the kraton etc. In a few months will have some real world results.
JatoTheRipper and Steel_Rain like this.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zinergy
Only some time and real world use will tell us how the new erevo stacks up against the kraton etc. In a few months will have some real world results.
That will be the real test.
vettehigh likes this.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Arrma took the market with storm in terms of innovation, material quality and price. Traxxas didnt and never really did. They always released hyped products that needed alot of upgrades to live up to their advertising hype in practice. As I have said before, the e-revo 2.0 is nothing spectacular it is basically a copy of the nero/big rock.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And the Nero is itself basically a copy of the Summit, fitted with bigger diff gears and a faster motor. It doesn't really matter who originates an idea, what matters is who implements it the best. Personally, I've had zero issues with my Summit, so it was never really worth it for me to consider replacing it with a Nero -- not even the factory-upgraded Big Rock version. As it turns out, that saved me a lot of frustration with broken links.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
And the Nero is itself basically a copy of the Summit, fitted with bigger diff gears and a faster motor. It doesn't really matter who originates an idea, what matters is who implements it the best. Personally, I've had zero issues with my Summit, so it was never really worth it for me to consider replacing it with a Nero -- not even the factory-upgraded Big Rock version. As it turns out, that saved me a lot of frustration with broken links.
The Summit is really nothing like the Nero. The Summit is geared to drive much slower than a Nero. If someone were to buy a Nero to replace their Summit they would be very disappointed since the Nero is terrible at crawling or driving slow. I guess just because of the locking diffs the two are compared. As far as the Nero being compared to a Revo... I guess it's because of the lay down shocks. Other than that the two trucks have a completely different chassis. The Nero has TVPs like a Savage ( guess HPI better sue Arrma as well lol!) and the Revo has the custom plastic chassis. The Revo 2.0 may turn out to be a great truck. I just know I won't be buying one.
noobiznessflyin likes this.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Nero and big rock are flat out better than e-revo and summit other than parts availability. One must live in denial to think otherwise. i had the e-maxx in stock form till fully upgraded and I know the weaknesses with traxxas, even the aftermarket parts to the e-maxx and revo/summit and undersized and old fashioned.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FunnieKid
Nero and big rock are flat out better than e-revo and summit other than parts availability. One must live in denial to think otherwise.
I guess I'm living in denial since I will NEVER consider a Nero to replace my Summit. If Traxxas copied Aarma then why did Traxxas sue them for copying their lay down shock design? Get your facts straight before blurting out garbage.
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by noobiznessflyin
I guess I'm living in denial since I will NEVER consider a Nero to replace my Summit. If Traxxas copied Aarma then why did Traxxas sue them for copying their lay down shock design? Get your facts straight before blurting out garbage.
Have you seen the patents that traxxas apply for, they are some of the most basic things. The lawsuit was a strategic decision to shut arrma down. Also they lay down shock design was done by tamiya and kyosho long before traxxax dit it, so maybe you should get your facts straight. As long as nobody has applied for patent, you can basically steal their idea and apply for patent and traxxas will get patent because they have a much larger budget than the competitors. I base my opinions on facts, traxxas use inferior material and old fashioned design compared to the competitors and most enthusiasts know it that is why they don't buy traxxas, or mod their traxxas trucks. The summit is a crawler, but I argue mainly about the nero and big rock versus revo 1.0 and revo 2.0. Even the nero is above the revo 2.0 I think. The summit works because it has a brushed motor which is far weaker than lets say a 4082 or similar size motor on 6s.

Last edited by FunnieKid; 03-07-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FunnieKid
Have you seen the patents that traxxas apply for, they are some of the most basic things. The lawsuit was a strategic decision to shut arrma down. Also they lay down shock design was done by tamiya and kyosho long before traxxax dit it, so maybe you should get your facts straight. As long as nobody has applied for patent, you can basically steal their idea and apply for patent and traxxas will get patent because they have a much larger budget than the competitors. I base my opinions on facts, traxxas use inferior material and old fashioned design compared to the competitors and most enthusiasts know it that is why they don't buy traxxas, or mod their traxxas trucks. The summit is a crawler, but I argue mainly about the nero and big rock versus revo 1.0 and revo 2.0. Even the nero is above the revo 2.0 I think.
"a strategic decision to shut arrma down" mmmkay. I don't really care if Traxxas' aim is to take over the universe and care even less about who invented the lay-down shock design.
A fact that will remain the same regardless:
- I will never replace my Summit with a Nero
Old 03-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Micah78
The Summit is really nothing like the Nero. The Summit is geared to drive much slower than a Nero. If someone were to buy a Nero to replace their Summit they would be very disappointed since the Nero is terrible at crawling or driving slow. I guess just because of the locking diffs the two are compared. As far as the Nero being compared to a Revo... I guess it's because of the lay down shocks. Other than that the two trucks have a completely different chassis. The Nero has TVPs like a Savage ( guess HPI better sue Arrma as well lol!) and the Revo has the custom plastic chassis. The Revo 2.0 may turn out to be a great truck. I just know I won't be buying one.
The locking diffs, the laydown cantilever shocks, the multi-speed gearbox, the top-mounted motor, the hollow chassis with two enclosed battery compartments inside, etc. etc. etc. From a mechanical standpoint, the similarities far outnumber the differences. Gearing is such a simple thing to change that I can't let you claim that makes the vehicles inherently different. Put a brushless motor in a Summit and gear it up and it will go as fast as a Big Rock can, and crawl as badly as a Big Rock does. People were doing that exact conversion for years before the Big Rock came out.
JatoTheRipper and BJoe like this.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

And which one will hold up better, a brushless summit or a stock nero? You beating a dead horse here...it is and always were embarracing that traxxas used plastic geared servos and 1/10 scale differentials on a 1/8 trucks. Did I forget to mention that traxxas didn't use a center diff on any 1/8 scale truck since the revo 2.0?

No, I don't think the revo 2.0 brings anything new or innovative to the market. If anything the revo 2.0 has really exposed traxxas, they sue arrma to get rid of the nero and big rock and release a similar product made of cheaper material..because they have patent on "their" solutions nothing else.

People are existed, but I am dissapointed of the revo 2.0 so far. It still has those inferior plastic geared servos, plastic center drive shafts, lack of CNC steel rings, and some overly complicated mix between cush drive, gearbox and center diff.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Regardless if you are a traxxas die hard or hater or whatever.

Traxxas was 10yrs too late in bringing this out.
too many companies either improved or came up with something new over the years that after driving one myself left me not wanting one.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
The locking diffs, the laydown cantilever shocks, the multi-speed gearbox, the top-mounted motor, the hollow chassis with two enclosed battery compartments inside, etc. etc. etc. From a mechanical standpoint, the similarities far outnumber the differences. Gearing is such a simple thing to change that I can't let you claim that makes the vehicles inherently different. Put a brushless motor in a Summit and gear it up and it will go as fast as a Big Rock can, and crawl as badly as a Big Rock does. People were doing that exact conversion for years before the Big Rock came out.
There is no multi-speed gearbox in a Nero. Adding a brushless motor to a Summit and gearing it up just destroys the driveline because it wasn't made for that kind of power. The Summit works great if you leave it stock. Add power and it becomes worthless. The Nero was made for speed, not crawling.
A top mounted motor? Really? My Nero has the motor mounted inside between two plates,not on top. My Nero has A twin vertical plate chassis which is nothing like a Revo. In fact it's a lot like a Savage which is why I made the joke that HPI ought to sue Arrma.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

after the good old mbx7 or tekno eb48 dilema, now we got the traxxas / arrma lawsuit !

but i do agree that traxxas are giving a bad name to what is supposed to be a hobby
dud's likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.