Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
1/10 Traxxas E-Revo discontinued? New release coming soon? >

1/10 Traxxas E-Revo discontinued? New release coming soon?

Like Tree43Likes

1/10 Traxxas E-Revo discontinued? New release coming soon?

Old 01-18-2018, 02:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grabbem88
Totally true and it probably depends on area and shops on what they want to push.

Iím in the st.louis area so thatís what is going on here.

Also on aftermarket candy for arrma there is a guy who makes a boat load of different
Stuff for those trucks and he is from Australia.
Iím just south of Chicago. Iím lucky that store owner doesnít push any brands. He gives info and lets customers decide.

I know thereís some stuff starting to show for the Arrma vehicle. But itís still on the hard to find really have to look catagory. Iím actually suprised itís taking this long.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Since we got a variety of tracks from drifters to drones neither gets pushed a whole lot but I will say this though I’m tempted to advertise my skills after seeing these poor kids bring there wrecked traxxas and get charged $60 per hr to work on them!

I BS you not I watched Mark Twain hobby charge a kid $82 to swap out a titan motor! That was motor included price.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Since we got a variety of tracks from drifters to drones neither gets pushed a whole lot but I will say this though Iím tempted to advertise my skills after seeing these poor kids bring there wrecked traxxas and get charged $60 per hr to work on them!

I BS you not I watched Mark Twain hobby charge a kid $82 to swap out a titan motor! That was motor included price.
There a lot of money to be made in repairs. Iíve seen the store have 100 in for various levels of repairs. And even those that will pay to have upgrades installed. Every spring they get flooded with nitros that sat all winter.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Since we got a variety of tracks from drifters to drones neither gets pushed a whole lot but I will say this though I’m tempted to advertise my skills after seeing these poor kids bring there wrecked traxxas and get charged $60 per hr to work on them!

My mechanic charges me $50 per hour to work on my VW/Tacoma and these guys are getting charged $60+ per hour to work on RC

My RC mechanic charges me between $10-$60 ($60 for a complete build), but I do tip also
Old 01-19-2018, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

wow so sad to hear others needing to pay to get there rc stuff fixed..even paying to have a vw fixed lol to funny.
noel02 likes this.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Found this video, I hope its not a fake
https://youtu.be/mPHE_MpH9W0
Old 01-19-2018, 06:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BrickitSAM
Found this video, I hope its not a fake
https://youtu.be/mPHE_MpH9W0
Interesting. The toy fair in Germany is only couple weeks away. Thatís where the scaler truck was first seen.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yup, you called it: Double-Mega-Teaser ? New Traxxas E-Revo 2.0!!! Plus, New 1/7 Desert Truck!!! ę Big Squid RC ? RC Car and Truck News, Reviews, Videos, and More!

TIME MACHINE likes this.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok so if these trucks are being released this early so why isn’t
Traxxas advertising? Instead we are hearing it second and third hand?

Kinda ��
Old 01-19-2018, 11:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Ok so if these trucks are being released this early so why isnít
Traxxas advertising? Instead we are hearing it second and third hand?

Kinda ��
Iím sure the big promo videos are coming. It was an odd choice to use to leak the announcement. Iíve never heard of him before. But itís not the first time a brand has done odd release announcements. Castle tried couple years ago using Hemistorm. Then he never did any follow up videos. Or non that I ever saw.
Axial let the Squids announce the Yeti XL.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Are we excited about this? I can't muster up the care for a Traxxas release right now ...
mustangkillaz likes this.

Last edited by trottermtg; 01-19-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I still think it is cool. I'm upset about the lawsuits but I like both of my ERevos and think a new one would be pretty sweet.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Despite all of the Traxxas hate, they have done a lot for the hobby and have made it mainstream and available to the masses.

I remember the Chinese clones of the HPI Baja 5B destroying the success of the original, so I can understand how Traxxas gets defensive on the small things.

I can't wait to see pics of this erevo.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
Despite all of the Traxxas hate, they have done a lot for the hobby and have made it mainstream and available to the masses.
I can't pretend I don't have a Slash, Slash 4x4, Rustler, Bigfoot, Emaxx and Summit, LOL. I'm in my feelings I guess though and would rather not hear from them right now.

Unless they figure out a way to hire those people in IL that are likely to lose their jobs. I'm being bitter and childish, I know. But I don't care right now.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trottermtg
I can't pretend I don't have a Slash, Slash 4x4, Rustler, Bigfoot, Emaxx and Summit, LOL. I'm in my feelings I guess though and would rather not hear from them right now.

Unless they figure out a way to hire those people in IL that are likely to lose their jobs. I'm being bitter and childish, I know. But I don't care right now.
Understandable. I think the Tower/Hobbico situation involves serious mismanagement of the corporation(s), but I do understand how the Traxxas lawsuits certainly played a major role also.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.