Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Proline 40 series Mashers on F11 wheels?? >

Proline 40 series Mashers on F11 wheels??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proline 40 series Mashers on F11 wheels??

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Proline 40 series Mashers on F11 wheels??

Wonder why Proline only puts the Mashers on Desperados? Would be nice if they offered pre-mounts on the F11's in 40 series but can't find them!!

I'm sure they would sell good, I just prefer the looks of the F11's and Mashers are my fav MT tire
Old 01-14-2018, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Ah darn just saw through a search I posted this same thing early last year LOL...still no luck in Proline putting them out though
Old 01-14-2018, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Proline does sell them separate if you don’t mind gluing your own. Just gotta call and ask
That’s how I order all my proline stuff.

Also I think F11’s only come as zero offset which on some trucks will not clear stuff
Old 01-14-2018, 10:43 PM
Tech Rookie

According the Pro-line racing website the F11 3.8" 1/2" offset wheel was discontinued, they also don't show the Masher for sale on their site. There still seems to be some different tires at a few online hobby shops pre-mounted on F11s but none separately.

The F11 definitely comes in 1/2" offset, several of the premount 3.8" tires are offered on F11 with 1/2" offset. If you are able to call and order them that way still you just have to make sure and ask for the 1/2" off set.

Last edited by FlailinMonkey; 01-14-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

Hmm never even considered calling direct to order, thx! And I don't mind gluing at all. Was the only way for years, then guess I got a bit spoiled recently with all the pre-mounts

Only thing is - that it's hard to get exactly what I want, and sucks to be at the mercy of companies discontinuing all the old goodies I loved on top of not offering new stuff in the right combination I need
Old 01-15-2018, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You say 40 series Mashers on F11 3.8 wheels but that combination is not compatible. I cannot find F11 wheels in 40 series, as far as I can tell they were only available in 3.8 with the Traxxas style tire bead. 40 series uses a totally different tire bead. You can put 40 series tires on 3.8 Traxxas bead wheels if you really want to but it’ll look like crap because the entire tire bead will be exposed. Mashers were available in 3.8 with Traxxas bead though so you can have Mashers on F11 wheels. But if you already have a set of 40 series Mashers sorry to say F11 isn’t the wheel for you.

And yeah it does suck how they keep discontinuing cool stuff. It’s been awhile since I looked at what Proline has available and was shocked to see there is basically only one choice for 1/8 MT on their website.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Ohhhh I always thought 3.8 and 40 were essentially the same, but had to pay attention to the bead whether it was the old school "normal" bead or the newer Traxxas style?? Either way I get what you are saying, and yea I would certainly want the proper fitment for better gluing and good looks I'll keep trying...

I did actually find a set of used Mashers with Traxxas style bead but they have been glued before and still need to try and clean up the beads more before deciding if I want to buy a set of the 3.8 bare F11 wheels.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Axial make 40 series wheels HERE

The 8 Spoke Oversize wheels will fit directly on to most 1/8 scale vehicles and fit all Axial Oversize Tires as well as Pro-Line 40 series
Old 01-17-2018, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgrimm
Ohhhh I always thought 3.8 and 40 were essentially the same, but had to pay attention to the bead whether it was the old school "normal" bead or the newer Traxxas style?? Either way I get what you are saying, and yea I would certainly want the proper fitment for better gluing and good looks I'll keep trying...
The difference is in the bead. Wheels with the old style “normal” bead have a U shaped channel that the tire bead sits in and the U channel hides the tire bead from view. Traxxas/buggy style bead wheels have no channel, just a little ridge that the tire bead sits up against. Since they both have a 3.8 mounting diameter you could glue 40 series to 3.8 Traxxas bead wheels but you’d see the tire bead.

Originally Posted by mrgrimm
I did actually find a set of used Mashers with Traxxas style bead but they have been glued before and still need to try and clean up the beads more before deciding if I want to buy a set of the 3.8 bare F11 wheels.
I’d try boiling the tires to soften the glue and whatever doesn’t wipe off clean up with acetone.