Savage flux center diff >

Savage flux center diff

Like Tree1Likes

Savage flux center diff

Old 01-08-2018, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Savage flux center diff

Who's installed a center diff in there savage and how have they done it? Tired of the stock slipper clutch not working properly
Old 01-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ive never done it personally but others have said great things

Center Differential Kit - ALZA-Racing
mrgrimm likes this.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by illmatic94 View Post
Who's installed a center diff in there savage and how have they done it? Tired of the stock slipper clutch not working properly
Dude, the Alza C/D kit is THE WAY TO GO.
I've owned/built-rebuilt a few Savages myself, and that's one of the most suggested upgrades to Jump on (right behind the Integy rear hub adapters, lol). The Savage will behave differently under power, and of course, you can tune that C/D for your drive-style. Then, there's the perk of your driveline lasting WAY longer because of the C/D, so that's always a plus.
+100 for Alza Racing stuff!
Old 01-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Murphy_097 View Post
Dude, the Alza C/D kit is THE WAY TO GO.
I've owned/built-rebuilt a few Savages myself, and that's one of the most suggested upgrades to Jump on (right behind the Integy rear hub adapters, lol). The Savage will behave differently under power, and of course, you can tune that C/D for your drive-style. Then, there's the perk of your driveline lasting WAY longer because of the C/D, so that's always a plus.
+100 for Alza Racing stuff!
Is it a easy fit? How long is the shipping overseas? Also what savages you have?
Old 01-13-2018, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by illmatic94 View Post
Is it a easy fit? How long is the shipping overseas? Also what savages you have?
OP,
Check out the Alza Racing website, and start filling up your cart there, and you'll see the shipping rate disclosed at the bottom of the "cart" page. Do that, and go from there, and it'll all fall into place man. Shipping time can vary of course, but I live in Oklahoma, and the time it takes to get to me, isn't bad at all, maybe 7-9 calendar days, off the top of my head. I've made several orders with Dejan at Alza Racing, and he's a real stand up guy, with some awesome ideas he brings into this hobby!
As far as what Savages I run/built, and have owned:
Savage 1, my first savage ever, and also my very first 1/8 MT, started life as a very used stock Flux HP, that I bought off of eBay, a lil while back.
Now, it sits as a VERY upgraded/modded Sav,
Alza Racing Savage XL tvp's 3mm, CD kit w/1717 1580kv BIG block motor, Max8 esc, Savox 1230-SG servo, Hobao Spider CD, Innovative RC LST shock covert kit, XL axles, 23mm hexes, Alza single servo plate, Alza bulkhead brace kit (still need to install), and machines bulletproof diffs, front and rear.
I've owned a grand total of 4 Savages, all brushless, or brushless converted, and am building another one soon.
Also, if you like the TVP chassis design, like on Savages, check out Alza's stuff for the CEN Reeper, CEN GST-E. I've recently made a huge order of those parts, with literally almost every upgrade/part he offers for those rigs, lol.
Oh, and Alza has a great looking line of hop-ups for the newer "2017 savage", with some really cool, and unique options for it!
If you wanna know anything else, and if I can help, let me know man.
Edit- yes, the Alza CD kit bolts right up to your Savage tvp's man, no problem. Make sure you know which Savage Flux you have though... if it's the newer 2017 savage flux XL, you'll need to browse those parts specifically on Alza Racing, and if it's the older version, then check out his regular line up of stuff for Savages.

Last edited by Murphy_097; 01-13-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Old 01-16-2018, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FunnieKid View Post
What motor you running?
What diff you running?
Old 01-16-2018, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

I am running a 4092 motor, 1730kv. I run a hyper 7 center diff with 500k oil. I use a 48t spur gear. The diff mount can take a variety of buggy and truggy center diffs from 48-52t spur. I just happened to have a hyper 7 diff so I took it.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FunnieKid View Post
I am running a 4092 motor, 1730kv. I run a hyper 7 center diff with 500k oil. I use a 48t spur gear. The diff mount can take a variety of buggy and truggy center diffs from 48-52t spur. I just happened to have a hyper 7 diff so I took it.
How much does the diff "diff out" with the 500k?
Old 01-16-2018, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

I don't know, I am not finished with the project yet. How ever I ran 200k in my e-maxx which also has a center diff and it diffed out a bit. I am planning on running 500k in the e-maxx as well but I think 350-400k will work just as well. The e-maxx is on the shelf I need to get a few new adapter cables all old ones are worn out and I also need some new shocks. But get the alza diff it is good for the savage xl.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's worth every penny. I put one in mine because I was breaking rear pinions like it was my job. After the install I've had no broken pinions and I drive it the same way I did before I put the cd in. I have an original flux and it is a totally drop in part. Only thing I did was make a mount for the esc so it had something solid to bolt to. As far as the shipping, I'm in buffalo and it took a week to get it when I ordered it. I use a 30k 500k 30k setup for fluid and it goes just as fast as the original setup did. It is more controlled in turns and tends to not flip over as easily.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ghonda99 View Post
It's worth every penny. I put one in mine because I was breaking rear pinions like it was my job. After the install I've had no broken pinions and I drive it the same way I did before I put the cd in. I have an original flux and it is a totally drop in part. Only thing I did was make a mount for the esc so it had something solid to bolt to. As far as the shipping, I'm in buffalo and it took a week to get it when I ordered it. I use a 30k 500k 30k setup for fluid and it goes just as fast as the original setup did. KaIt is more controlled in turns and tends to not flip over as easily.
I'm in the same ish area so I hope it gets here about that time. Show me your savage! How did you do the mount cause I'm doing a custom mount myself and I thought I was the only innovative one.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

savage diffs need shimming as well, it is alot of play in the pinions and the ring as well, at least mine had.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Murphy_097 View Post
OP,
Check out the Alza Racing website, and start filling up your cart there, and you'll see the shipping rate disclosed at the bottom of the "cart" page. Do that, and go from there, and it'll all fall into place man. Shipping time can vary of course, but I live in Oklahoma, and the time it takes to get to me, isn't bad at all, maybe 7-9 calendar days, off the top of my head. I've made several orders with Dejan at Alza Racing, and he's a real stand up guy, with some awesome ideas he brings into this hobby!
As far as what Savages I run/built, and have owned:
Savage 1, my first savage ever, and also my very first 1/8 MT, started life as a very used stock Flux HP, that I bought off of eBay, a lil while back.
Now, it sits as a VERY upgraded/modded Sav,
Alza Racing Savage XL tvp's 3mm, CD kit w/1717 1580kv BIG block motor, Max8 esc, Savox 1230-SG servo, Hobao Spider CD, Innovative RC LST shock covert kit, XL axles, 23mm hexes, Alza single servo plate, Alza bulkhead brace kit (still need to install), and machines bulletproof diffs, front and rear.
I've owned a grand total of 4 Savages, all brushless, or brushless converted, and am building another one soon.
Also, if you like the TVP chassis design, like on Savages, check out Alza's stuff for the CEN Reeper, CEN GST-E. I've recently made a huge order of those parts, with literally almost every upgrade/part he offers for those rigs, lol.
Oh, and Alza has a great looking line of hop-ups for the newer "2017 savage", with some really cool, and unique options for it!
If you wanna know anything else, and if I can help, let me know man.
Edit- yes, the Alza CD kit bolts right up to your Savage tvp's man, no problem. Make sure you know which Savage Flux you have though... if it's the newer 2017 savage flux XL, you'll need to browse those parts specifically on Alza Racing, and if it's the older version, then check out his regular line up of stuff for Savages.
Hi,

is it the Hobao #87344 Diff with 6Spider Gear and 47 Tooth? Is any additional work needed to fit it in?
Old 05-23-2018, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

No, you can just mount it as it is. The alza mount accomodate for different lenght center diffs. The vorza diff is the same lenght as the hobao diff, I know because I have used both.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.