Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Xmaxx is a monster truck >

Xmaxx is a monster truck

Like Tree5Likes

Xmaxx is a monster truck

Old 12-07-2017, 05:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Xmaxx is a monster truck

Sorry just saying that 1st off. I also have a Arrma talion(not a monster).tell me experts, don't arrma,techno, proline chassis all are basically the same.i ran 6s in talion an basically torn up everything from motor to gears.dont believe one is better then other.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

wait, what?
Old 12-07-2017, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The sky is blue!
Old 12-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thumbs are fingers too!
Old 12-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yea, I wrecked my X-Maxx too. Do you know where? It was by the tree's, you know, near the grass by the road on the hill near the barn. Come on, you know where that is...where the sky is blue and wind blows sometimes.

My point? Without details, why ask a question if nobody can give you a good answer?
Old 12-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Steveo1 View Post
Sorry just saying that 1st off. I also have a Arrma talion(not a monster).tell me experts, don't arrma,techno, proline chassis all are basically the same.i ran 6s in talion an basically torn up everything from motor to gears.dont believe one is better then other.
im not really even sure if your asking us if arrma techno and proline chassis are the same or you are telling us this
and what about the chassis? and what chassis in particular are you talking about because there are more then just one...
Old 12-07-2017, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

NO the XMaxx is NOT a Monster Truck. Wrong chassis and suspension.

Next question?
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
NO the XMaxx is NOT a Monster Truck. Wrong chassis and suspension.

Next question?
how else can you name it ? let's say monster truck is a big family ! there are some rigid/solid axles monster trucks and some independent suspension monster truck
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by werner sline View Post
how else can you name it ? let's say monster truck is a big family ! there are some rigid/solid axles monster trucks and some independent suspension monster truck
Now that's a tough one. Depends on how pure you want to use the name.

I 100% agree. MT is a huge family and really can be anything in the 1:1 or RC world. Heck by some definitions you could put a MT body and big tires on a Traxxas 4atec touring car and it would be a MT to some.

I was just jabbing the OP but I still don't think the XMaxx is a MT.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

yeah i know the original RC monster truck godfather is the clod buster ! but well, things evolve : i have as much fun with my solid axle truck as with a modern hobao hyper mt independent suspension truck !
i just have to type more letters on the keyboard to explain what truck i use !
Old 12-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Anyway, what is the OP asking/implying/stating??? Proline MT is smaller than the MT410 etc. etc. is he trying to compare Apples to Oranges? But then again without pics...
Old 12-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Xmaxx is a monster truck, but if it is "good" is another question. The 8s still borrows features from truggys and buggys such as center differential and independent suspension. Even the wheel base is longer on the Xmaxx.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Apologize

Originally Posted by broitsseth View Post
im not really even sure if your asking us if arrma techno and proline chassis are the same or you are telling us this
and what about the chassis? and what chassis in particular are you talking about because there are more then just one...
Don't mean anything by saying experts,i was reading the proline post about the new 4x4. Saying most of these RC trucks an truggy chassis and drive trains all look interchangable.all good on 2s, 6s tears them all up 1/8 scale an larger.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

sorry!
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Steveo1 View Post
I think heís trying to address some of the hate that Traxxas, and the Xmaxx get from forum members. Since the talion is praised a lot on here and on other forums, heís saying itís unoriginal, comparing it to the proline, arrma, and tekno chassis. which is odd because the proline is 10th scale and not too similar to teknos and arrmas 8th scales. And also saying it isnít better than the xmaxx, which it is in basically every way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.