ecx ruckus 1/10 2wd questions and conversations

ecx ruckus 1/10 2wd questions and conversations

Old 12-14-2017, 02:28 PM
Tech Rookie

that link apears to be broke
Old 01-12-2018, 12:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Rear CVD Upgrade from Hot Racing

I bought a pair of these Hot Racing items from e-Bay awhile ago.
They're a direct fit straight out the packet, no drilling/reaming required & seem virtually indestructible.
I've read in other forums people having the HR Star-Drive CVD's break on them with BL power.
They're a tad pricey, but likely the last pair you'll ever buy, & look pretty schmicko to boot! 🙄

1/10 2WD Ruckus, Orange & Black, recalled model - ESC & motor fried, were replaced by LHS (3 more motors, 2 brushed & 1 bl, & a bl ecs later) it's now running:
HobbyWing EZRUN WP-SC8 120A BL ESC with Leopard 3800KV BL Motor & Program Card.
Motor Heatsink & Fan (hooked up to ESC Fan, so both run off the same bec conector on ESC). 😉
Adjustable Metal Turnbuckles (Front, Upper).
LED Light Kit (Looks fully SICK!).
Hot Racing CVD's.
Just working out now what I need for a 32DP Metal Gear upgrade, keeping as close to stock spur & pinion diameter/ratio as possible, work from there, OR, any suggestions as to suitable gears for this motor/ESC combo?
Cheers all.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default update

well finally got the trucks diff and hubs really tight and stable. the tires just better but good enough anyways i will probably replace my drives shafts but not until later when i break them so... But what i have done so far is the rpm rear hubs they are oversized(meaning larger bearings) and they work great! will keep ya posted on all other upgrades i may do later i want this to be a place where those with ruckeses can go to talk about upgrades and questions.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Slipper clutch issues

Anyone know how to tell if my slipper clutch needs to be replaced as it slips a lot and I have tried tightening it but no difference at all
Old 02-14-2018, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maderic View Post
Anyone know how to tell if my slipper clutch needs to be replaced as it slips a lot and I have tried tightening it but no difference at all
If that's the case, you definitely need to replace it. I recently replaced mine with the exact stock slipper. I've never had any problems other than having to replace it when it wears out
Old 04-23-2018, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

I put a brushless system in My 2wd Ruckus and it turned into a really fun truck. I already stripped out one of the rear wheel hexes and it rounded out the wheel too. I ended up super gluing the rounded hex into the rounded wheel and then mounted it on the front. So far it's held up. Aluminum hexes in the rear are going to be a necessity.

Here's a video of it bashing on my friend's farm.