Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Savage X 4.6, Savage XL 5.9 or Losi LST XXL-2 >

Savage X 4.6, Savage XL 5.9 or Losi LST XXL-2

Savage X 4.6, Savage XL 5.9 or Losi LST XXL-2

Old 12-02-2017, 08:48 PM
  #16  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 38
Default

I have a losi xxl with the 454 engine in it and I love it , I LSO have a savage x 4.6 and its an awesome truck also. The LST xxl is fast , powerful and tuff. They don't make the LST xxl nitro or gas anymore but they can b found on eBay or kijiji
Gregw1 is offline  
Old 12-03-2017, 02:08 AM
  #17  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
xirton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 227
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Holy crap! That is super nice.
Is it offered for sale or a one-off?

Originally Posted by grabbem88 View Post


This is what my mine looks like
xirton is offline  
Old 12-03-2017, 05:53 AM
  #18  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: St.louis mo
Posts: 431
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

No it’s for sale
grabbem88 is offline  
Old 12-03-2017, 07:50 AM
  #19  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
xirton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 227
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Cool

Last edited by xirton; 12-03-2017 at 08:01 AM.
xirton is offline  
Old 12-03-2017, 08:44 AM
  #20  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 100
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I've owned all the nitro versions of those trucks. My preferences would be:
1- Losi XXL
2- Savage 4.6
3- Savage 5.9

The Losi handled MUCH better than the Savages. The Savages are a little tougher in box stock form, IMO. The shorter wheelbase of the Savage X over the Savage XL makes for more fun of you're into wheelies or backflips.

Engine wise, the Losi 454 is great. The HPI 4.6 is a strong motor that holds a tune well, but I didn't like the 5.9 at all - runs hot, and just didn't cut it for me.

You really can't go wrong with any of them!
Thumper01 is offline  
Old 12-04-2017, 04:45 PM
  #21  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
CBren32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Maryland (MD)
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Thumper01 View Post
I've owned all the nitro versions of those trucks. My preferences would be:
1- Losi XXL
2- Savage 4.6
3- Savage 5.9

The Losi handled MUCH better than the Savages. The Savages are a little tougher in box stock form, IMO. The shorter wheelbase of the Savage X over the Savage XL makes for more fun of you're into wheelies or backflips.

Engine wise, the Losi 454 is great. The HPI 4.6 is a strong motor that holds a tune well, but I didn't like the 5.9 at all - runs hot, and just didn't cut it for me.

You really can't go wrong with any of them!
Very valuable insight, thank you a bunch. Right now I think it's between the XXL or the Trophy Truggy. Those just seems to stand out to me. Or, I just go with my impulsive decisions like I almost did today in the hobby shop and just buy a jato 3.3. I pretty much like everything about the Jato other than being 1:10 scale, which is smaaaall to me haha. I wanted at least an 1:8 scale or bigger. But, can't seem to find good deals anywhere on XXL or Trophy Truggy.
CBren32 is offline  
Old 12-04-2017, 05:18 PM
  #22  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 100
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CBren32 View Post
Very valuable insight, thank you a bunch. Right now I think it's between the XXL or the Trophy Truggy. Those just seems to stand out to me. Or, I just go with my impulsive decisions like I almost did today in the hobby shop and just buy a jato 3.3. I pretty much like everything about the Jato other than being 1:10 scale, which is smaaaall to me haha. I wanted at least an 1:8 scale or bigger. But, can't seem to find good deals anywhere on XXL or Trophy Truggy.
A Jato with large off road tires is a handful. Ask me how I know, lol.
Thumper01 is offline  
Old 12-04-2017, 06:37 PM
  #23  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
CBren32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Maryland (MD)
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Thumper01 View Post
A Jato with large off road tires is a handful. Ask me how I know, lol.
How do you know? Lol

But, I don't even think that will fair well in my backyard where the grass is about 3-4 inches. I can imagine that thing will just bounce and bounce until she flips. But I could probably also find a pretty fine done Jato on ebay for cheapish. Guess I'll have a look.
CBren32 is offline  
Old 12-04-2017, 07:37 PM
  #24  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
CBren32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Maryland (MD)
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Ended up making a instinct purchase on a Savage XL with brand new losi 454 for $450. Also has Hi-Tech HS-5585MH steering servo, HS-645MG throttle servo and comes with original radio and reciever but probably gonna upgrade that to the Flysky FS-GT3B and their reciever for now. Pretty happy with the purchase, don't think I'll be taking it back (have like 5 hours to cancel, encase I find something amazing).
CBren32 is offline  
Old 12-04-2017, 08:44 PM
  #25  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 100
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CBren32 View Post
Ended up making a instinct purchase on a Savage XL with brand new losi 454 for $450. Also has Hi-Tech HS-5585MH steering servo, HS-645MG throttle servo and comes with original radio and reciever but probably gonna upgrade that to the Flysky FS-GT3B and their reciever for now. Pretty happy with the purchase, don't think I'll be taking it back (have like 5 hours to cancel, encase I find something amazing).
Sounds like a winner. HPI durability with the heart of a Losi!
Thumper01 is offline  
Old 12-04-2017, 09:23 PM
  #26  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
CBren32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Maryland (MD)
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Thumper01 View Post
Sounds like a winner. HPI durability with the heart of a Losi!
I sure hope so! I think the 454 should fair better then the 5.6 hpi, but not sure what my top end is going to look like in such a big rig. I value good top speeds and not sure I'll be getting this rig up more than 45mph. Not sure though, I hear the low end torque with the 454's will send her on her 2 wheels in first gear, but it does have three gears so.
CBren32 is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.