Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Heavy mod smt gravedigger >

Heavy mod smt gravedigger

Heavy mod smt gravedigger

Old 11-13-2017, 03:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Heavy mod smt gravedigger

Ratching sound when accelerating, thought it was rims or hex nuts stripped but not the case, thinking it might be the dif gears, i changed them to the overdrive helic 36-14 then added a diff lock , any ideas what it could be
Old 11-13-2017, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Take one or both driveshafts off. That will eliminate your diff gears. Next is the transmission. Last thing it could be is your spur/pinion. I've had a super tiny pebble find it's way onto a spur a couple of times and it makes quite a bit of noise. There's a small chance you could have a bad bearing somewhere as well, but I'd start with the gears.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The HD gears are pretty tough and I have had them on 6S with no problems if shimmed correctly. The Stock DS will be your weak point and that a good thing.

More than likely if you landed in power the stock plastic idler gear in the trans blows pretty quick. Just this gear should hold up with the slipper doing its job up to 4S.

Robinson Racing Hard Steel Idler Gear SCX10 / Wraith