Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Proline Pro MT 4x4 >

Proline Pro MT 4x4

Like Tree148Likes

Proline Pro MT 4x4

Old 10-18-2017, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I dunno anyone who can really answer that question as of yet. Maybe someone who purchased the kit directly from Proline on Saturday and has it completed already could? I own two MT410's and I have this on the way from Calafornia. I'm hoping to have the motor/esc and servo by the end of next week, so I can report my personal finding after that.

The MT410 is larger and despite the claim of being 1/10th scale...it's really more like 1/8th.

I have a feeling they will both drive very much the same, with the Pro 4x4 feeling a bit more unstable on 4s. I plan to power mine with a 1/8th scale system and run 3s mostly, but 4s sometimes.

Time will tell...but deciding between both of these trucks is a GREAT problem to have.

GET BOTH!
flat6 likes this.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 365 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sully_
Torn between this truck and the MT410 .. HALPPP lol
I had a mt410. Amazing truck. Tekno is hard to beat in terms of quality/durability.

Canít compare the proline until people start getting their hands on them.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flat6
I had a mt410. Amazing truck. Tekno is hard to beat in terms of quality/durability.

Canít compare the proline until people start getting their hands on them.
Why did you get rid of the MT410?
Old 10-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Get them while you can. Proline doesn't keep their vehicle kits around long at all.

And there won't be aftermarket support until Proline makes a real effort to be a vehicle manufacturer and keep their kits around for at least 5 years. Until then they will continue to be a boutique kit manufacturer.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Steel_Rain
I dunno anyone who can really answer that question as of yet. Maybe someone who purchased the kit directly from Proline on Saturday and has it completed already could? I own two MT410's and I have this on the way from Calafornia. I'm hoping to have the motor/esc and servo by the end of next week, so I can report my personal finding after that.

The MT410 is larger and despite the claim of being 1/10th scale...it's really more like 1/8th.

I have a feeling they will both drive very much the same, with the Pro 4x4 feeling a bit more unstable on 4s. I plan to power mine with a 1/8th scale system and run 3s mostly, but 4s sometimes.

Time will tell...but deciding between both of these trucks is a GREAT problem to have.

GET BOTH!

Nice, now you can do the durability test everyone has been waiting for. Drive one of your MT410s straight into the Pro-line MT, both at top speed and see which one handles it better. Please post the vid. Thanks
0verkill likes this.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The PRO-MT 4x4 is unlike any other Monster Truck available because it was designed from the ground up to have the highest quality components and the best performance right out of the box. No need to spend tons of money on upgrades like all the other trucks available…
LOL, they have obviously never heard of Tekno before.

Every part of this 1:10 Monster Truck was designed from Day 1 to handle today’s extreme brushless power systems, including insane 1:8 Motor Systems and 4S LiPo Power.
What? Since when is 4S lipo power insane? LOL again. All 3 of my Teknos run on 6S all the time. 4S is for weak drivetrains.
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 0verkill

What? Since when is 4S lipo power insane? LOL again. All 3 of my Teknos run on 6S all the time. 4S is for weak drivetrains.
4s is insane for a 1/10th scale and second 6s on what kv?
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 365 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 0verkill

Not everyone wants an obnoxious amount of power most of which is unusable in everyday terrain.

As for the tekno mt410. Itís not a ground up design, itís a combination of their 1/8 scale buggies/truggies. The tekno mt410 is 1/8th scale regardless of what they call it. The proline pro MT 4x4 is 1/10th.

Once again, I am by no means bashing tekno. I loved my MT410.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

It can get confusing when you're talking about scales. As when you talking scaled down versions of something it depends what vehicle you're starting with. A 1/10 scale M/T should be bigger than a 1/10th scale SCT. As a MT is larger in full scale. As for buggies who the eff knows as there aren't any real full scale vehicles to compare them too.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zinergy
Nice, now you can do the durability test everyone has been waiting for. Drive one of your MT410s straight into the Pro-line MT, both at top speed and see which one handles it better. Please post the vid. Thanks
Heh. With how durable the MT410 has been...I think it would be fine. Time will tell on the Pro 4x4. I've never owned a Pro-Line vehicle before (I always wanted a PRO-MT) because I could never find one in stock or for sale as used.

Agreed with the point about Pro-Line needing to be more then a passing fad with this industry. Long term hobbyist don't take well to that approach.

I do find it encouraging that Horizon now shows the Pro 4x4 for sale per this link: https://www.horizonhobby.com/1-10-4w...er-p-pro400500

But I also see the Pro MT and the PRO SCT listed as "TBD backorder" as well...so meh.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:13 AM
Tech Initiate

I ordered mine from Proline on Monday and received it yesterday. Got it painted up and most of the electronics installed. WHAT A BEAST, even on 3S. Still have to take it to the park to put it though it's paces but it's every bit as good as their first Pro-MT which I owned as well. I sold my Stampede 4x4 a bit ago and it seems slightly bigger. It's way bigger than my Savage XS obviously. It is almost identical to the Redcat MT10E which my son owns.

I went w/ the Castle Mamba X and the 2200kv 1/8 scale motor, a Holmes Hobbies HV500 servo and I just threw in the Traxxas TSM Receiver/Transmitter. I'll try to get some running video from the park tonight to share with my sons MT10E as well for comparison.

I can't post pics yet, so once I get to a certain number of posts, I'll do that.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

I agree that for an 1/8 truck a 4S system is "minimal", but for a 1/10 scale truck a nice 4S 1/8 setup will be beastly. I run a Pro-MT on a 540 4-pole 3100KV on 3S and that truck is an absolute missile, it will wheelie over at almost any speed by stabbing the throttle if you're not already there. Even when going down the road at close to top speed if you have a little left it will come over, and hold it for a while if you can balance it. Of course the 4WD system is going to add some drag but I think an 1/8 system on 4S will be explosive in this truck. A Pro4 SCT setup could be ideal for one of these.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RC Juice
I agree that for an 1/8 truck a 4S system is "minimal", but for a 1/10 scale truck a nice 4S 1/8 setup will be beastly. I run a Pro-MT on a 540 4-pole 3100KV on 3S and that truck is an absolute missile, it will wheelie over at almost any speed by stabbing the throttle if you're not already there. Even when going down the road at close to top speed if you have a little left it will come over, and hold it for a while if you can balance it. Of course the 4WD system is going to add some drag but I think an 1/8 system on 4S will be explosive in this truck. A Pro4 SCT setup could be ideal for one of these.
Took mine out for another run, powered by some 3S 5200mah 45C RC Juice packs of course, lol, and it already FLIES w/ the 2200kv Castle & the 16t pinion. I really would hate to see 4s. Definitely can't run it around my cul-de-sac on 4S that's for sure.
RC Juice likes this.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wonder if a castle 2650kv on 3s be more ideal? Then the 4s would really shine for us extremists lol

I know 4s on my flm rustler 2800kv/castle let me know real quick the transmission didn’t like it and I’m close to 7lbs of Aluminum flying down the road.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by grabbem88
I wonder if a castle 2650kv on 3s be more ideal? Then the 4s would really shine for us extremists lol

I know 4s on my flm rustler 2800kv/castle let me know real quick the transmission didnít like it and Iím close to 7lbs of Aluminum flying down the road.
2200kv on 3S is PLENTY for me. Took it to some more open terrain and the thing FLIES. If I threw a 4S in it, it would be just uncontrollable. On pavement the MX28s balloon like crazy already, can't imagine any more current...it would just be ridiculous. It probably is doing 35-40 on 3S.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.