Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Proline Pro MT 4x4 >

Proline Pro MT 4x4

Like Tree148Likes

Proline Pro MT 4x4

Old 01-30-2018, 03:00 AM
Tech Rookie

I live in the capital, Moscow city. I plan to install a wider hex from my rc8.2 it is thicker and this should remove friction, just stumbled upon a couple of interesting solutions on the forum ARRMA
Did some work to get the pillow ball screws tucked in more.
Proline Pro MT 4x4-pivot1.jpeg
Proline Pro MT 4x4-pivot2.jpeg
Proline Pro MT 4x4-pivot3.jpeg

There is also an interesting post about servosaver

"Diff topic: spoke with proline about the servo saver and got this reply “We have a shipment of re-engineered servo savers on the way from china . They should be to us by the middle of this next week your shipment will soon follow that.” This would explain the backorder status everywhere. I’m assuming other issues that have been brought to their attention might be in the process of being addressed(I have no communication to validate this assumption). However, it’s nice to know our voices are being heard about the problems we are experiencing and solutions are being delivered." (c) rhbailey24

I will keep you informed of my research. My last answer went into moderation and disappeared, I do not understand what happened

P.S. I can not attach links to other sites too few messages I copied it here
Old 02-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

UPDATE: contacted PL today in regard to the sh!t saver. I also mentioned the rear sway bar continues to pop out. After waiting 15min, I was told they ARE aware with their poor design. They are releasing a new “thicker” plastic design in 2 weeks. Let me start by saying I talked to a PL tech person by the name Louis, after briefly telling him the issues (I/we) are having his demeanor was actually rude, proceeded to give an example of his new Silverado that was new and he had to spend 60k due to the new design flaws GM made. I defentaly was not treated as a costumer. I stated I was disappointed with the R/D of the saver etc. In all, he said we need to sand down the tube on the current flawed saver and it would “move more freely”. Also told me to he has NOT had one complaint about the sway bar popping out! Sorry for the rant gents, I am shocked the way I was treated and I am second guessing their overall quality and costumer service at PL, especially when I reflect on my past purchases and my pocket book over the past 10+ yrs. Also I wanted to let the all of you 1st gen PL MT 4x4 owners the front and rear diffs have a smear of grease in them, the center diff is half full of (as they claim 100k) fluid. The shocks on all four corners are half full at best. Grab a set of the team assoc rc8t hubs to eliminate pivot ball issues. Kinda wish i would have waited to purchase this MT.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm pretty close to using the Hexes from my D8T. Just a little bit fatter than the Proline Hexes. Something will have to be drilled, it might be the hexes getting drilled and tapped instead of the stub. I'll cheat and have the machine shop here at work perform the work .

My only issue, otherwise is that one of my wheels is stuck on the proline hex pretty good right now.

Looking forward to seeing what the new design servo saver is like. Hopefully it's aluminum. .
Old 02-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Kant1979: I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time with this truck. I've had a good experience so far. I've changed the diff fluids and shock oils, which were under filled or grease smeared like you said, but I typically change those out in RTR's. The pillow ball screws rubbing on the wheel is a legit design flaw but changing out the wheel hexes is easy enough.
Proline seems to be working on making corrections so we'll have to see what parts get a version 2.

Question: Did the people who broke their servo saver tighten theirs down? I haven't tightened mine down and I've only ran in loose dirt. No breaks so far.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Backyard RC
Kant1979: I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time with this truck. I've had a good experience so far. I've changed the diff fluids and shock oils, which were under filled or grease smeared like you said, but I typically change those out in RTR's. The pillow ball screws rubbing on the wheel is a legit design flaw but changing out the wheel hexes is easy enough.
Proline seems to be working on making corrections so we'll have to see what parts get a version 2.

Question: Did the people who broke their servo saver tighten theirs down? I haven't tightened mine down and I've only ran in loose dirt. No breaks so far.
Backyard,
I didn’t touch the saver, It was disheartening to run the MT for 5 mins with not a bump, curb or any air (yet) to have the saver break. When I heard this truck was being released and watching PL videos it was a must have. It will get worked out. Btw I was told the new saver will continue to be plastic. I expected more from PL. I’m sure the plastic shock caps will need to be replaced also. Lol, I still cannot get over the receiver location, or lack of. We’re they in a hurry... my wife asked after electronic install “are those wires safe in that spot”? Smh
Old 02-02-2018, 08:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm running the HW Max8 in mine (4s only). I agree with the weird location for the RX. Otherwise, I just put a bit of loctite on the backing out hexes and I'm driving it the same way I drive my Kraton with no breakages.

I actually did tear up the body, but I admittedly missed a couple spots with gorilla tape. I thought it was areas that wouldn't need it. I'm apparently a worse driver than I thought and needed the tape everywhere, LOL.

I'll report back with any issues I have but I'm out there BASHing it in very cold Chicago weather. Maybe its a matter of time, but 30 days or so in and no issues.

I'm actually kinda hoping for a breakage as I haven't had a chance to work on the thing except for oils at this point ...
Old 02-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by trottermtg
I'm running the HW Max8 in mine (4s only). I agree with the weird location for the RX. Otherwise, I just put a bit of loctite on the backing out hexes and I'm driving it the same way I drive my Kraton with no breakages.

I actually did tear up the body, but I admittedly missed a couple spots with gorilla tape. I thought it was areas that wouldn't need it. I'm apparently a worse driver than I thought and needed the tape everywhere, LOL.

I'll report back with any issues I have but I'm out there BASHing it in very cold Chicago weather. Maybe its a matter of time, but 30 days or so in and no issues.

I'm actually kinda hoping for a breakage as I haven't had a chance to work on the thing except for oils at this point ...
I must have a lemon..lol. Did any of you loosen the pillow ball hubs a bit. Maybe mine were too tight and caused extra stress of steering. Again I only ran mine up and down the road and snap!
Old 02-04-2018, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kant1979
I must have a lemon..lol. Did any of you loosen the pillow ball hubs a bit. Maybe mine were too tight and caused extra stress of steering. Again I only ran mine up and down the road and snap!
eeeek! Sorry bro, that sucks. I have only done fluids and loctite like you would any pre-built. I took mine out yesterday and bashed pretty hard. The only damage was I scraped up the body thumb washers pretty badly.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:17 AM
Tech Rookie

I often broke my first models because they were bad and because I did not know how to control them, after sport models I realized that 70% of the strength is the ability to drive.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Kant1979: I think you may have narrowed down why the saver broke on you and maybe for some of the others. Tightening the pillow ball screws will make the steering stiff and actually stick when in full throw. Backing out the screw enough to loosen up the steering made the wheel rub on it. I had mine set to where it barely rubbed and was a little bit stiff.

We need a new wheel hex from Proline that gives the pillow ball screw clearance. In the mean time the RC8T hexes do the job.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Very envious of the residents of USA, local delivery, also free, I have to wait until my monster comes to me and follow the track. Axial also waits for parts that are traveling from USA. Has already touched all that is possible.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Mate I’m in the same boat in the UK, I ordered mine 2 weeks ago from Tower Hobbies and it’s now stuck in customs, but on the plus side I’ve got all the electrics sorted and ready to drop in
Old 02-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

I also prepared everything for the races, it remains only to sort out the chassis to install electronics and you can go
Old 02-06-2018, 08:02 PM
Tech Rookie

From proline service
"We have already re designed the servo saver part however it will not be included with the truck for another 2-3 weeks due to shipping times.
please do not hesitate to order this truck from the one part
if it breaks we will send out replacements free of charge for the inconvenience."
Old 02-07-2018, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

I mounted my Gopro on the new body for my ProMT 4x4 but the footage is unwatchable. Too bad, I had some good speed runs on there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.