Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
New track being built in Cottage Grove, MN >

New track being built in Cottage Grove, MN

New track being built in Cottage Grove, MN

Old 08-25-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New track being built in Cottage Grove, MN

A local fellow named Chad Smith is trying to get an RC track built at Hamlet Park in Cottage Grove. The land was donated by the city, but Chad is seeking donations in the form of money, materials, tools, etc. to get the track built. This would be a fantastic addition to the local area because there aren't any tracks reasonably close to the metro area. There is a Facebook page and also a GoFundMe page setup for it. Hopefully it isn't against the rules to post the links to these pages - I just figured it would be good to spread the word to help get more people interested in the hobby that aren't currently, and also give current hobbyists an opportunity to meet other guys and do some racing that wouldn't otherwise due to current tracks being so far away. This is great news for me as I have wanted to try running on a track for a long time (I'm still not much interested in racing), and more motivation for get my hands on a buggy or truggy.

Go fund me page: https://www.gofundme.com/cottage-grove-mn-rc-track

On Facebook @ #cgrecreationdestination (Cottage Grove RC Club)

Last edited by RCTecher12; 08-25-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Could you post the information regarding the land donation and the approval to build a track?
Old 08-25-2017, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tire Chunker View Post
Could you post the information regarding the land donation and the approval to build a track?
I'll see if I can find links to that information. Unfortunately I am not a Facebook member (and refuse to join) which I believe is where the information is located. Either on the RC club page or the Cottage Grove Parks page. The track is located within Hamlet park and actually has a sign (I believe provided by the city) showing what the site is and the associated rules.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The city does have a sign up with hours and rules, I believe it was electric only.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by magnum View Post
The city does have a sign up with hours and rules, I believe it was electric only.
That's what my wife said - she's the one that came across the page on Facebook. The city hasn't updated their website yet, so the track isn't shown on their webpage yet.