Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our new track. Who wants to race?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Our new track. Who wants to race?!

Hey everyone! We built a new track between Garrison and Brainerd about 12 miles south of Deerwood. Just wanted to check interest in people getting together to run? We do not have a timing system yet but hopefully get one soon. We have been looking into the robotronics system because it is affordable for our backyard track.
Our new track. Who wants to race?!-newtrack.jpg

We have more drain tile to install and more jumps. This is a loamy track that has fair grip when wet, but not blue groove by any means.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default UPDATE

We have now purchased a robotronics timing system for our track.
I KNOW, I KNOW, its not an AMB system that we sooo desperately wanted but hey we gotta start somewhere...

Soon to be adding some form of dirt additive for moisture control. Looking into saw dust to help hold moisture in lieu of chloride to avoid rusting of our trucks. We are running 4x4 SCT currently and most likely be running 2WD SCT as well.
Come one Come all...would like to setup club racing at a minimum of 1 race per month and would like to do bi-weekly.

If we get some interest we would like to get more site amenities available such as porta john and run power closer to the track.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:57 AM
Tech Rookie

I'd be interested in checking out sometime, also have a guy I work with I know that would. Any practice times set up?
Old 06-08-2016, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'll come over and try it out with my Tekno410.3 if you just post here when that happens again.