Wiki Posts
Search

Richfield Racing!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Richfield Racing!

Well Yesterday was the first offical running of the the new Track Set-up in Richfield. There were 3 heats of racing with 2 rounds completed before the rain hit.
The track was a bit slick, but traction was getting better as each race heat was ran. The track boarders were nicely built and special thanks to everone who helped with setup and take down. Gordy 's track I think will be a sucess. Next week we will be making the straight a bit longer. Also we should have a drivers stand hopefully!
Please tell your friends.. Sunday Racing @ TCI Transmission in Richfield. Heats start @ 2:00 and racing is only $5.00. The track is a newly paved surface with very little blemishes. FYI: all profits are going towards improving the track (Drivers Stand, Transponders, and porta poddy).
Thanks for your time,
Shawn Carroll
Old 06-03-2002, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Glad to hear it went smoothly. I should be there next week. How many racer's did you have and what classes?
Old 06-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default Good Question!

We had maybe a dozen racers,
Class separation was electric or gas.
Next week we should have more people show. Many did not want to show because of the potiential rain threat.
Thanks for Asking!
SWG

Last edited by simulatedwood; 06-04-2002 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hmm, I might have to check that out. Is the electric stock or mod? Rubber or foam? Or just kina run what ya brung?
Old 06-04-2002, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hey Jeff!

Till the turnout gets larger the only class separtion will be gas or electric. We will be more open to class separation, but it wont happen until we reach a good thereshold of racers. Unless you really want to run by yourself . BTW: The surface is very smooth (Just Paved) but I must warn you that it is still a bit dusty(circumstances out of our control..I.e. right next to the new airport runway construction). ..but we are sweeping the surface and using gas blowers to clear off the pavement. Also I think with time permitting we may be able to groove the surface with sugar water.
On a side note: The track we have set-up is meant to be a fun family envoirnment were the locals can race and newbies are welcome. So the Ifmar, Norcca, and (insert favorite RC organization) rule book people can kiss our a___es since we dont have any affilations with any racing organization!!! At this track, the track organizer rules (Gordy) how we shall race!! There is the option to provide feedback to the race organizer and we are open to new ideas. However please keep in mind that track development in Richfield will be ongoing as of right now. We are in need of a drivers stand for next week. Does anyone care to build one? If so call Gordy Perham @ TSI transmission shop.
Thanks
Shawn Carroll
(651)848- 2730

Last edited by simulatedwood; 06-04-2002 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Heh,heh,heh,heh,

I guess it is alright for me to use the same attitude, the next time some one wants to change something at TCHR.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Yeah...

Yup,

That is how it is.. This track is a dictatorship not a democracy as other tracks are run. Not to say TCHR is a bad estabishment, just too many hands in fire.. Someone is bound to get burned!
Old 06-04-2002, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

SWG,

Did you run foams on the NTC3 on sunday? How did it work.

LC
Old 06-04-2002, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default Actually I pulled out the GT4 R

Foams worked very well! But then I crashed and well.....yeah !
You dont wanna know.
SWG
Old 06-04-2002, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

I may actually have time to show up on Sunday, if so I will bring my backpack leafblower to help clean things up. Is the electric class basically an open class as far as tires and motors go? If not then what should I plan on running.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default It is an open class it just has to have a battery and be a classified 4wd touring car

Sponge bob ..Yup foams or rubber. Just bring what you want to run. I think most of the guys are running stock motors but it dosent matter.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

cool, I have a lot of old wheels to burn up

Old 06-04-2002, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well, maybe I'll slap a Yokomo together, take a Sunday off work, and burn up some old foams! This Sunday I'll try getting over there after work, to see what I need. Do I need to bring a generator or table/chairs?
Old 06-04-2002, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

You'll definetly want a table and chair(s). I'm taking my EZ-up also.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting point of view, well my opinion is if Democracy works for our country, it should work on a smaller scale.

You may be right however, we did chase our tail attempting to keep a minority of the racers happy, not likely to happen again. Well like anything it has been a learning experience. We made some mistakes, and I think we did some good things. The good news is after one Year of business we are still open, and in fact have more racers than we did when we purchased the place. Our business is up from when we first bought it, and the trend seems to indicate that will continue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.