Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
2014 Oak Creek (NMR) and PRCP Offroad Racing >

2014 Oak Creek (NMR) and PRCP Offroad Racing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Oak Creek (NMR) and PRCP Offroad Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GJ KIM
I don't want to believe.. Dude you shoud do continue Nitro..with me
Honestly, I don't know anyone who plans to race Nitro up there this summer GJ. You may be racing by yourself. Ross might be racing Nitro I think? It's no fun prepping a nitro buggy and truggy for two weeks prior to a race, only to run against two other people in each class.

The last two summers I've kicked myself for not having an ebuggy ready. Can't wait to race in the most competitive class with the most racers.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Torian4000
Honestly, I don't know anyone who plans to race Nitro up there this summer GJ. You may be racing by yourself. Ross might be racing Nitro I think? It's no fun prepping a nitro buggy and truggy for two weeks prior to a race, only to run against two other people in each class.

The last two summers I've kicked myself for not having an ebuggy ready. Can't wait to race in the most competitive class with the most racers.
I can understand.. that way I bought 4x4 SC and 1:8 EP last year. But regardless of competition, I like nitro itself like sounds, mechanical stuffs...
Old 03-13-2014, 03:31 AM
Tech Rookie

New on here, bought a HPI Vorza a year ago. Car is a blast. Where is the track located in Minot and is there any other tracks around? I am located in Watford City and will be building a track. My boss is letting me use a good size corner spot.
Any suggestions to track building and planning?
Old 03-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rpetersen14
New on here, bought a HPI Vorza a year ago. Car is a blast. Where is the track located in Minot and is there any other tracks around? I am located in Watford City and will be building a track. My boss is letting me use a good size corner spot.
Any suggestions to track building and planning?
Wow,. sounds great.

Currentyl,we have two tracks in ND.
First one is located in near Sawyer and other one is in Pingree.
If you make a track it seems like we can do triple crown again.

Until last year, there was one more track in Mandon but that track was gone.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Hey all! I don't see nitro going anywhere for nd! Biggest thing is getting everyone to come out and race! I will do my best this year to make as many races as I can. Between Keith, beau, Brady, my brother and I there is potential for 5 nitro buggies and 5 nitro trucks pending we can all be at the same place at the same time. I am hoping to do some 1/10 scale racing too depending on interest and numbers. I have 2wd 1/10 buggy and truck as well as 4x4 buggy. We also all have E 1/8th buggies to add to the flourishing class.

Can't wait to get out and race!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ROSCOE
Hey all! I don't see nitro going anywhere for nd! Biggest thing is getting everyone to come out and race! I will do my best this year to make as many races as I can. Between Keith, beau, Brady, my brother and I there is potential for 5 nitro buggies and 5 nitro trucks pending we can all be at the same place at the same time. I am hoping to do some 1/10 scale racing too depending on interest and numbers. I have 2wd 1/10 buggy and truck as well as 4x4 buggy. We also all have E 1/8th buggies to add to the flourishing class.

Can't wait to get out and race!
You can add one more 1/10 2WD racer.
I'm parparing 2WD 1/10 EP buggy,either. it's coming to my house.
I'll get it next week and will finish ready to go.

Nitro is my favorite one, before doing nitro I was an electric buff.
Anyway, I'll drive if there are racers run together.

Last edited by GJ KIM; 03-13-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Wow,. sounds great.

Currentyl,we have two tracks in ND.
First one is located in near Sawyer and other one is in Pingree.
If you make a track it seems like we can do triple crown again.

Until last year, there was one more track in Mandon but that track was gone.
Those 2 tracks are way out of the way for me, I may be able to get to the Sawyer track. Is this open to public if I was to show up on weekdays when I am in the area? If so, can I get directions or address to the track?

Hopefully soon when the weather clears up and not such a huge mudhole, I want to start building the track. Any suggestions to sizes of jumps, how many, etc? I just have the layout and don't want to build something that others will not like. Trial and error?
Thanks
Old 03-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rpetersen14
Those 2 tracks are way out of the way for me, I may be able to get to the Sawyer track. Is this open to public if I was to show up on weekdays when I am in the area? If so, can I get directions or address to the track?

Hopefully soon when the weather clears up and not such a huge mudhole, I want to start building the track. Any suggestions to sizes of jumps, how many, etc? I just have the layout and don't want to build something that others will not like. Trial and error?
Thanks
It's up to your preference... You can do benchmarking other famous track.. like silver dollar, OCRC, Fear farm, SRS, .... track in CA, FL states...
If you focus on 1:8 scale , Fear farm style track would be good. or focus on 1:10 scale you can do benchmark such as OCRC, SRS...tracks..

But practically, ND has not much R/C racers , without efforts it seems like not easy to maintain track condition.

As i know , sawyer and pingree track, there's some dedicated members that ensure track condition well. Though, I'm not a board member, I'm a new comer , last year was the first year of race in ND. But I've experienced R/C racing over 22 years since 1988 as an hobby itself.. in other country..
Most of my friends are working in R/C industry. some guy own offroad track, some guy is working for R/C product company..
The important thing that building R/C race track might be maintenance and sustainability.

Anyway, I'm very happy to see there is someone who thinking about build R/C track. Even though we have not many R/C users and racers...in ND
Old 03-17-2014, 03:14 AM
Tech Rookie

It's up to your preference... You can do benchmarking other famous track.. like silver dollar, OCRC, Fear farm, SRS, .... track in CA, FL states...
If you focus on 1:8 scale , Fear farm style track would be good. or focus on 1:10 scale you can do benchmark such as OCRC, SRS...tracks..

But practically, ND has not much R/C racers , without efforts it seems like not easy to maintain track condition.

As i know , sawyer and pingree track, there's some dedicated members that ensure track condition well. Though, I'm not a board member, I'm a new comer , last year was the first year of race in ND. But I've experienced R/C racing over 22 years since 1988 as an hobby itself.. in other country..
Most of my friends are working in R/C industry. some guy own offroad track, some guy is working for R/C product company..
The important thing that building R/C race track might be maintenance and sustainability.

Anyway, I'm very happy to see there is someone who thinking about build R/C track. Even though we have not many R/C users and racers...in ND
Started out thinking of building in my back yard which I still may do. I am in a good neighborhood with lots of interested kids (what kid isn't). Talking to my boss he said why not do a track at work? Even better, have the bobcat, big pile of dirt (may have to get better stuff), and possibly customers with scrap hoses to use as barriers. It's all falling into place and gives some of the employees something to do. There is really nothing to do here in Watford City. So far I have one track to start with and that may change. Hopefully we can get few more people here to help and use track to kick in interest. Hope the upload works. Can't wait to get this started.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Oak Creek (NMR) and PRCP Offroad Racing-track1.jpg  
Old 03-17-2014, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you get that track built, and we will come.Nothing here in Dickinson, but...........a big maybe is in the works...
Old 03-17-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

The track in sawyer needs a board member to be present when any activities are taking place for liability reasons. It is usually open or practice saturdays before a sunday race. No on weeknights very often.

Biggest thing with the jumps is having a car there when building them so you can test them out to make sure the angles are right to get the car to launch and land properly.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NDHotbodies
you get that track built, and we will come.Nothing here in Dickinson, but...........a big maybe is in the works...
Keep me posted if there is a track in Dickinson.

I am open to ideas on track building. First time owning a RC Car (Vorza). And have the opportunity of building a track at my place of employment.

Been searching the net for tracks and where to place jumps, etc.

I may start this weekend in placing dirt as well as leveling the track while we have wet weather to help compact it, etc. Gonna be a chore.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Just out of curiosity, how many drivers are at your track in Sawyer and other nearby tracks?
Now they (work) is thinking we will have 100's of people show up to drive/race. I didn't think there would be maybe a dozen or so. Unreal RC closed their track since not many people used the track and they needed the space for their towed cars.
There is another location nearby about acre to run and parking space.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

is unreal r/c the one in Williston? the interest was there but nobody wanted to get the racing going. we went up there one weekend to meet them and drive our cars but only a couple guys showed up and the store didn't act like he had any interest.. nice track but as usual for a new one, needed a littlke more work. a lot of rocks on the track. wish it would have races up there. we would of went up there.. as of now up there, same as Dickinson, nows the time as with all these new people here I'm sure theres a good group of people ready to race.as far as turn outs, maybe some one can correct me, but on a good day there can be 40 to 50 entrys.. now that doesn't mean that many people but number of cars.. depending on how many different classes show up.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

The best turnout we ever had in sawyer was about 30 people. Usually we are in between 15 and 25 tho. It is the same situation in Pingree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.