SE MN Racing!

Old 07-24-2002, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default SE MN Racing!

They've been racing offroad down at southside speedway in Rochester. It's an outdoor track, pretty good sized, fast. They've had about 8-10 stock trucks and 2- 8 gas trucks. They'll run mod if they get some. Amb lap scoring also. They start at 3:00 sunday's, just run 2 heats and a final. Usually done by 5:00 to 5:30. See there website www.southsideracing.com
Old 07-25-2002, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Track looks a little loose and ruff but could be a fun Sunday adventure. Do they water the track during the race day or is it left? What tires seem to work? what time do they open for practice on Sundays before the racing?
Old 07-25-2002, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

We only raced there one time, I grabbed the hose and watered between rounds. It's loose and dirty but alot of fun. Step pins work great I hear, next time I'm trying them. The Edge tires we had on the front seemed to turn well. It's a pretty good sized track I ran a couple teeth more than TCHR, the end corners are banked sweepers pretty fast and sideways. I haven't played with gearing much though. I think they open at 1:00 on sunday's, If you showed up a little early I don't think Kevin would mind if you practiced. I was thinking about having a 2 race points series with Southside one there one at my track we have in our backyard. I'm not going to Southside this coming sun. (28th) It's my younger sons birthday.
See ya,
Rex Welch